Psycho-Pass 2 premiering this October

• Anime News Network announced earlier this morning that Psycho-Pass 2 is premiering this October along with a movie that's coming out in the winter and then there's a edit version of the first season which will be turned into 1 hour episodes instead of 30 minutes

• Looking forward to watch it :)

• Why must the anime community continue to enable that hack Gen Urobuchi?

IMO, a real opportunity was missed in promoting Psycho-pass. Shows like Maoyu, C and Spice and Wolf gained a reputation as being shows that would teach the viewer about economics, that he'd go in an economics noob and come out as a sort of Milton Friedman 2.0. Psycho-pass could have been to ethics as those show were to economics, only instead of finishing the experience as a "reincarnation" of a famous philosopher you just become a pretentious d-bag, like Urobuchi.

That would have been some real truth in advertising.

• @sidereal_presence:

Why must the anime community continue to enable that hack Gen Urobuchi?

Probably because he makes good stories that explore the ideas and concepts in a way that’s not only deep and thought provoking but most importantly; entertaining.

@sidereal_presence:

IMO, a real opportunity was missed in promoting Psycho-pass. Shows like Maoyu, C and Spice and Wolf gained a reputation as being shows that would teach the viewer about economics, that he'd go in an economics noob and come out as a sort of Milton Friedman 2.0.

Psycho-Pass does a great job of looking at humankind’s loss of humanity as a result of dependency on technology and it is well done through various allegory, dialogue and characters.

I agree that Spice & Wolf is a wonderful series, but as good and as much as I enjoyed C-Control, it has its share of issues with being somewhat rushed. There’s a ton of information, story and character fleshing out and development they condensed into eleven episodes when it could’ve easily filled thirteen.

@sidereal_presence:

Psycho-pass could have been to ethics as those show were to economics, only instead of finishing the experience as a "reincarnation" of a famous philosopher you just become a pretentious d-bag, like Urobuchi.

Heaven forbid some of us watch anime with an awareness of the concepts, messages and themes it has, especially when it’s practically being rubbed in our faces. But, hey, you didn’t like it; so what? Just because some of us like it and get more from anime than just the superficial presentation doesn’t make us pretentious, just as liking a series like High School DxD doesn’t make a person a pervert.

While I like that shows like Psycho-Pass and Puella Magi Madoka Magica integrate a barrage of literary/cinematic devices into the cinematography to enhance the story and give the viewer something to contemplate, it’s also possible to, like any other good show, watch them for sheer fun and entertainment.

It’s also possible and acceptable to dislike them, and people are free to express their opinion, you don't like Psycho-Pass and that's fine, I don't really care. The issue with your posts is that you’re doing pretty much the same thing the anti-fan service/feminist/politically correct brigade do with any anime they dislike or don’t meet their rigid and juvenile requirements; insult the people who like it, be it up front or in a passive aggressive intellectual masturbation manner. Just don't start pulling the double standard crap that they do; it makes them look that much worse.

On topic though, I am looking forward to this new season of Psycho-Pass, I'm curious to see where the story will go.

• To be fair, the intelligence and allegory in Psycho-Pass is about as subtle as Bella literally reading Romeo & Juliet in the Twilight series. I mean, it's cool that it took, uh, "references" from other material in order to invoke critical thinking, but it sort of loses that level of intelligence the moment it starts making ABSOLUTELY SURE you understand the source material it's referring to

• @Riles:

To be fair, the intelligence and allegory in Psycho-Pass is about as subtle as Bella literally reading Romeo & Juliet in the Twilight series. I mean, it's cool that it took, uh, "references" from other material in order to invoke critical thinking, but it sort of loses that level of intelligence the moment it starts making ABSOLUTELY SURE you understand the source material it's referring to

You’re right to a certain extent; 2112, 1984 and a few other references not only make the viewer aware that this story steals ideas from those references and takes place in a dystopian society, however; the direction that is taken in regards to maintaining humanity in a society where everyone has become helplessly dependent on technology seems like the main point.

Concordantly the result is a society similar to 1984 or Blade Runner as a result of this dependency. So I still feel that a bulk of the intelligence in the writing, say the significance of the holograms for foreshadowing and symbolism, or Akane’s transition point as a character when she’s driving are up to the viewer to be aware of.

So I think the references are a more superficial element; they’re pointing out what’s already obvious and they feel more like Easter eggs than anything else.

To be honest, I see plenty of similarities between Psycho-Pass and Puella Magi Madoka Magica as well.

• I'm looking forward to the new season as well. .. I just hope it continues from where it left off and nothing changes or get sidetracked

• I just bought the first part of Psycho Pass season 1 and have not witched it yet. Going to be buying part 2 of Psycho Pass season 1 and am waiting for season 2 to get released then I will arch the whole series season 1 and 2 in a whole sitting. Hoping this series is as excellent as everyone says it will be. Psycho Pass looks like it will be a great heavenly ride in entertainment. My favorite animes are Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Grave of the Fireflies, Perfect Blue, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, etc. and Psycho Pass and Attack on Titan will be added to that list as well.

• This post is deleted!

• @Chris1986:

I just bought the first part of Psycho Pass season 1 and have not witched it yet. Going to be buying part 2 of Psycho Pass season 1 and am waiting for season 2 to get released then I will arch the whole series season 1 and 2 in a whole sitting.

Just in case you didn't know, that probably won't happen until the second half of 2015.

• @Chris1986:

I just bought the first part of Psycho Pass season 1 and have not witched it yet. Going to be buying part 2 of Psycho Pass season 1 and am waiting for season 2 to get released then I will arch the whole series season 1 and 2 in a whole sitting.

TBH you ought to start watching Season 1 now. Psycho-pass is a deeply flawed series and it would be prudent to check out the show before you sink additional money and time into it.

If time is of the essence, episodes 4 and 5 of Season One can be legitimately skipped and, since the characters and story are pretty stereotypical at that point in the show, you could honestly get away with jumping straight to episode 6.

• So does anyone know if the New Edit Version of Psycho-Pass will be simulcasted here on Funimation?

• I am curious to see if we are going to be able to enjoy the New Edit here as well? Otherwise, I have no clue where to find it.

• simulcast schedule says new ep every Thursday at 1:20 pm EST

• @p0114rd:

I am curious to see if we are going to be able to enjoy the New Edit here as well? Otherwise, I have no clue where to find it.

Well that depends upon you definition of "enjoy" :)

• I loved season 1, and I'm really excited to see season 2. I know the simulcast is currently running, but the only thing available for streaming is a sub. Is there an ETA on the dub?

• @paige62182:

Is there an ETA on the dub?

The dub likely won't be out for a year or so.

• ^ What Firefly said. A good rule of thumb is that the English dub usually comes out around 12 to 16 months after FUNimation licenses it.

Sometimes it's a little bit longer for some titles, but that's generally the turn-around time.

• OK, so YAY for the broadcast dub!! I watched the first episode of season 2 today. It was awesome!!

! I don't really like the new Inspector. Not in a she's annoying kind of way, but in a she's a bitch kind of way. I can't wait to find out how much trouble she causes! You can't have a story without conflict!
    ! I'm loving Enforcer Ginoza. I was kind of in love with him in Season 1, but now he's even better. I loved that he called the new inspector Missy. Just like his dear old dad. The new enforcers are interesting. I don't remember their names right now, but the red head is kind of quiet and mysterious. The one with the dark hair has some serious philosophy. Are they trying to use him to take Kogami's place as the conscience of the group?
    ! I really want to know what's going on with Kogami! Will he make an appearance this season? I hope so!!
    ! Akane has achieved serious bad ass status. I can't wait to see the road ahead of her.

Anyways, I loved it! Thanks Funimation!!

• This series just keeps getting better!

Finally, Ginoza gets to be all sexy! Love the twists. Wish the episodes were much longer. New inspector girl whose name I can't remember is still a bitch.

• enjoy it while it lasts, because the show is taking a serious noesedive with these last couple episodes