English Dubs 109+

• Just finished episode 108 for new English Dub.
    I know the dub version was released on March 4/5th. Even though the DVD set is scheduled to release March 25th.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the case will be the same for episodes 109-120, the DVD set isn't scheduled to be released until May :( Will the dubs for Elite members come earlier on the website?

• The schedule hasn't updated yet, so no, nobody knows yet if the case will be the same for episodes 109-120

• ah…. so painful to read the subs and watch the action.

• Part 9: March 25th
    Part 10: Somewhere in May

• @Riles:

The schedule hasn't updated yet, so no, nobody knows yet if the case will be the same for episodes 109-120

The schedule now shows 109-120 dubbed on May 6, 2014 for EVS.

• That sucks

• @kappneffect:

ah…. so painful to read the subs and watch the action.

If its that bad you could always watch the one by the other dubbing company they are upto 163 but its pretty freaking bad especially happys and the other once voice. Obviously you can't get that here though but personally I would call that a bonus rather than a negative.

Personally I would watch the sub rather than that dub.

I personally have never heard such a bad dub but usually I only watch dubs that Viz media or funimation does so yeah there voice actors are usually pretty solid, even if the original anime is bad.

I think Animax was the other company, but I'm fairly sure they don't have there own voice actors so they would have to had get some randoms in.

• Animax's dub actors and actresses are terrible. Animax gave Juvia a French Accent and Lisanna and English Accent. Lucy's VA on Animax is the one that has the closest to her actual dub voice.

• Yeah and Natus' voice sounds like complete crap.

• I tried watching the other dubs - and they are truly awful. I too recommend either waiting or watching subs, personally I agree watching subs takes away from the action, and after watching 100+ episodes with the english voices its a throw off to hear the original japanese voices. So hopefully next week we have a new batch of episodes!

• I agree on not wanting to watch the subs after having had 100+ episodes of English dubbed audio. I've started watching Soul Eater Not and it's subtitled and it doesn't phase me at all BUT with Fairytail the english voices are set in my mind as "their true voices" and I can't get into it unless I hear them.

• Okay it's May 6, how come the Dubs aren't posted on the site yet? Just curious. I could've sworn it said that the English Dub Episodes would be available for viewing on May 6th. Is there a reason why they aren't posted yet?

• @ashk1980:

Okay it's May 6, how come the Dubs aren't posted on the site yet? Just curious. I could've sworn it said that the English Dub Episodes would be available for viewing on May 6th. Is there a reason why they aren't posted yet?

Because it was 7:44 in the morning in Texas when you asked about the availability

Check back in the evening, Tuesday videos tend to go up in the late afternoon

• I figured that was the case. I can't believe I forgot about that.

• Okay just watching episode 112,

! even though she is mentioned in the credits, Mavis does not talk. What the hell did they forget to dub in her voice? I am so disappointed.

• Mavis doesn't talk until ep 122. don't know why Leah was credited 10 eps early

• She does talk in the Japanese version.

• I don't remember that, when?

• @Getchman:

I don't remember that, when?

Mavis speaks right after Cana sticks her arm in the Fairy Glitter shrine and says she loves the guild. Mavis says to Cana something like, "Then you have nothing to fear," as the colors are all white and gold and Cana gets younger and younger (that description makes more sense if you've seen the scene)

It is a bit of a drag that it wasn't dubbed, since it has significance. In the dub, Cana just sort of knows that Mavis gave her the spell. I'm guessing it is either a mistake for the stream that is probably corrected on the physical release, or Leah Clark just couldn't find time to come in for the one line, ten episodes before she properly makes an appearance, or they didn't feel it was necessary to bring her in for one line, and just scrapped it

• I tried watching the other dub and i think i died inside every time i heard Juvia. Like really, A FRENCH ACCENT. What were they thinking?

• I have a question, Funimation are releasing each part in 12 episodes. So what do they do when they get to the final part, part 15 of the original series. At this current pace, it will be episode 169-175, that is 7 episodes, so how will they fill out the rest of the space?

I am hoping in the finale part of the original 175 series, that they in addition to the last 7 episodes, that they have the OVAs. I am sure Funi knows about the OVAs, so I am sure they will try to license that. At least the first 5 OVAs, even if it is sub only. Though I am sure the cast would love to dub them, don't know why the movie OVA was sub only. I can understand there might be license issues with the 6th OVA.