Queue is USELESS

• If I have to use more than 1 click to access the queue and 1 click to start the next video in a series, you built your queue wrong.

The current method is the most useless queue I've seen ever on a streaming site. Even worse than Netflix.

I'd give suggestions, but seriously you should just look around and realize at best you're 10 years behind in how you've implemented it.

Adding a show at the least should add EVERY episode of the show.

I mean the way it is now I either have to manually pre-queue every show, or use it like a bookmark feature for shows I've already watched, which is still stupid and useless, as I could just use my history (if it worked) to do that.

Queue shouldn't just be a favorite shows bookmark, it should be a queue.

Point of fact - it would be more convenient to use my browsers built in favorites because it's hotkeyed.

• Moved this to the Suggestion Box both because it's the appropriate place for it to begin with, and so that the correct individuals will see this thread.

• Thank you for moving my thread to the right place. Sorry about that.

I really enjoyed the 6 clicks it took me to use my queue to navigate to the next video I wanted to watch in a series and the 5 minutes I sat staring at a black screen waiting for it to not start playing.

Although I do have to say I can tell things are getting better because at least I don't have to refresh every page 5 or six times.

• ya i was confused by this "queue" im new to this site so i thought the queue would work similiar to other sites. i have a hard time remembering which episode im on for each show im watching.

• Yea, I brought this up when the new site was first launched and I think I was met with blank stares… Overall, I'm happy with service and the site lately, but I do think it could benefit from a bit of streamlining. Having to click on a few different links to get where you want is annoying to say the least, and the "queue" is definitely not what I would want out of a "queue." The site has a bit of a learning curve for navigation... when you have specific help threads on how to navigate a website it should throw up some alarms I would think.

Having said that, they're still working on stuff so I'll wait and see how it goes. I'm kind of doubting they will change the site design though, there seems to be some resistance to streamlining.

• @NastySasquatch:

If I have to use more than 1 click to access the queue and 1 click to start the next video in a series, you built your queue wrong.

I agree. We're working to fix that and should have a lot of improvements coming very soon.

@NastySasquatch:

Adding a show at the least should add EVERY episode of the show.

It does do that. It's always done that. In fact, the shows in your Queue update every time a new episode is added automatically.

Now, if you could please be more specific with how you would like the Queue to work or if you have examples of a good, working queue that we should emulate, please let us know.

Thank you!

• i think everytime u go to your que each show should display which episode u last watched

• I just got the iOS app and became a subscriber the other day, so my experience with all of this might be a little raw. Also, my comments only apply to the iOS app and the website…I have no experience with other platforms.

The one thing that surprised me about the queue system is that I had to add each show I wanted to watch separately to each device (iPhone, 2 iPads, and laptop). When you add a show to the CR queue, it automatically appears on all of your devices.

Another thing is that the player in the iOS app didn't and doesn't remember where I left off in a video (if I stopped partway through). I have to remember where I left off, which frankly isn't possible.

I did notice when I watched a show on the website that a pop up came up at the end with the option to play the next video (this didn't happen in the app). On CR, you're merely taken back to your queue page, with the next video thumbnail and information showing. Both of these are acceptable, by the way...sometimes you might not want to go to the next episode right away.

So, if shows added on one device were synced with all devices, that would be a huge bonus for me (as long as there's not a setting for this that I've completely overlooked). That's really the only issue I have...I like a lot of the shows here, and the player works well with no playback issues.

• Personally I think the Crunchyroll queue is nice for a suggestion. I like that it updates with the next episode of what i'm watching automatically and I can see my whole queue on a single page. It's basic yet very functional. Sure there could be some features added for more functionality be overall its very user friendly.

• Thank you! All of that functionality is planned with I think the exception of seeing the entire Queue on one page. I believe the view will still be paginated (but will actually have the functionality of pagination). We could add a more simplified view that allows you to see your entire Queue as a scrolling list perhaps.

Are there any features for Queue that you wish existed?

• @Sophie:

Are there any features for Queue that you wish existed?

At the very least; something that showed you watch shows you've watched would be awesome. Some sites show you a little logo or checkmark to do that.

• As above, syncing of the queue across all devices is key. With many people using more than one device, this is an important function.

As for having the entire queue on a single page, it depends on how many shows are in it. At the moment, I only have 27 shows in my Funimation queue, so a single page is somewhat easily navigated, but as it gets larger (as it assuredly will!), multiple pages might be better. As an example, I have 50 shows in my CR queue, so navigating that single page gets irritating after a while.

I can't think of anything else serious right now. I actually like the current queue view, with the banners on the side and information and episodes next to it.

Forgot to mention this, but when I try to rearrange my queue alphabetically or otherwise on the website, it never works, but is stuck in some (apparently) random order. I'm not sure why, but it's not a massive deal, as I watch on the site significantly less than in the app.

• For me I want subscribe to a series (either sub or dub versions), then be able to start and stop watching anywhere in any episode. If I exit or go watch another series, when I come back it should remember which episode where I am up to in that series and where in that episode. I am a new user, but the web site queue mechanism seems easier to use than the native iOS app! That just feels broken.

• I want my queue to work on my Xbox One. I know, I know…it's coming soon.

• @wowzors77:

i think everytime u go to your que each show should display which episode u last watched

It does do that.

• @jollycheetah:

For me I want subscribe to a series (either sub or dub versions), then be able to start and stop watching anywhere in any episode. If I exit or go watch another series, when I come back it should remember which episode where I am up to in that series and where in that episode. I am a new user, but the web site queue mechanism seems easier to use than the native iOS app! That just feels broken.

You can do this now. To "subscribe to a series", add shows to your Queue on the site. The site will remember all episodes that you've watched and will resume from where you left off. However, only the site, Xbox 360, PS3, and PS4 are sycned. The mobile apps and the Roku channel are not synced.

@wade4812:

At the very least; something that showed you watch shows you've watched would be awesome. Some sites show you a little logo or checkmark to do that.

Profile > History: Shows filter. That displays a list of all shows where you have watched each episode. Would you perhaps want something more like a grid with a checkmark on Shows where you've watched all available episodes? Would you want something like that to appear on www.funimation.com/shows as well or would a list in your Profile work?

@ritztoruin:

I want my queue to work on my Xbox One. I know, I know…it's coming soon.

When the app comes, it will have a synced Queue and history. :)

@elux72:

As above, syncing of the queue across all devices is key. With many people using more than one device, this is an important function.

Yep. Roku is probably next. Then Xbox One. We want the mobile apps to have the functionality, but I don't have any information on them.

@elux72:

As for having the entire queue on a single page, it depends on how many shows are in it. At the moment, I only have 27 shows in my Funimation queue, so a single page is somewhat easily navigated, but as it gets larger (as it assuredly will!), multiple pages might be better. As an example, I have 50 shows in my CR queue, so navigating that single page gets irritating after a while.

Already implemented. Just keep scrolling, just keep scrolling, just keep scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. We tested with 300 shows. No need to worry.
    @elux72:

I can't think of anything else serious right now. I actually like the current queue view, with the banners on the side and information and episodes next to it.

Yeah, this thread was created before the current version of the Queue existed. It's thanks to that OP that we have what we have now.

@elux72:

Forgot to mention this, but when I try to rearrange my queue alphabetically or otherwise on the website, it never works, but is stuck in some (apparently) random order. I'm not sure why, but it's not a massive deal, as I watch on the site significantly less than in the app.

Do you have steps to reproduce? All of the sorts work for me.

• I have to 2nd this guy's post. Using the program with my Roku device really blows. I hope it's improved.