Consistency between site and apps.

• Hi There,
    First off, thanks for the hard work and for bringing these products to the customers who want them. I've always loved Funimation. I'll try not to sound snarky, but I've got some strong feelings about the site. I have experience with Funimation.com, the iOS app, and the Roku app.

1. The website and the mobile apps really lag behind the rest of the streaming services in intuitiveness. Compared to sites like Crunchyroll or Netflix where it is so easy to navigate the site, Funimation.com seems a bit ad-hoc in construction. The iOS app rarely works properly (for me) and it doesn't seem to share any organizational structure with the main site. The Roku app hits closer to the mark but still could use some work (for example, putting the queue up top and open instead of an option at the bottom that you need to open yourself).

2. Syncronization between the website and the apps: It's not very apparent that the Queue exists on the website, but it does on the Roku. The websites use something called favorites. I'll click on a show on the website and there is an option to add to favorites but not to add to queue. Favorites isn't terribly useful because they can't be accessed on the apps. Neither the queue or favorites is accessible on the iPhone app. This is very confusing. Why not get rid of favorites and sync the queue between all devices?

3. The website is often non-responsive with long load times.

I suppose what I'm asking for is rather extreme: A complete teardown and remake of the website and device apps. I know the first time I got a free trial of Funimation, I was really excited to be able to watch all the shows. I didn't subscribe then because I was taken aback by how tedious the user experience was. I'm only a member now because I took advantage of a black friday deal for membership.

• @stucklog:

I suppose what I'm asking for is rather extreme: A complete teardown and remake of the website and device apps.

The website was completely redone late last year (around the time the fall simulcasts began, as I recall).

• 1. Make website more intuitive: Working on it, but specific suggestions would be much appreciated.
    iOS app: Stay tuned.
    Roku app: Once Queue is integrated, it will be moved to the top. No ETA.
    2. Queue will be improved. We'll be adding an option to add to it from show sites and from show thumbnails. For now, if you click the + on a video thumbnail, there is an option to add Show to Queue. As for where you can find Queue - A. Expand the Header. It's on the left. B. Go to your Profile. It's a widget on your Overview tab. It's also the second tab of your Profile.
    3. Done. You happened to go on the site during the attack of Attack on Titan cast announcement. We have since made improvements to handle this kind of extreme site load.

I don't think what you're asking for is actually a "complete teardown", but rather a long list of requests that are quite doable with the current system.

• i see the queue on the website…but when i go to the app on my note 3...i can't see anything i saved to my queue on the website....i'd love it if they were synced so anything i add to the queue on the website i can see on the app and vice versa....is that possible?

• Yep! Queue will be synced across all device apps.

• 2 problems.

The first one is as a subscriber there is NO reason i should have to pay an additional charge for an app.
    The second problem is .. the app doesn't even work properly.
    Even on the off chance some idiot decided that the paid app should work better then the free one on a HUGE scale therefore losing you about 90% of the people who MAY have been willing to pay for the app. That is still no reason to charge subscribers for an app when they already support your site financially.

You should really go look at the android reviews of the app to get a better idea of what i'm saying.

• If you are an EVS member already there is no content difference between the Paid and the Free apps.

There is a marked difference if you are NOT an EVS member, but you get all of that content that you would get on the Paid app through your EVS membership anyway.

The only difference between the apps currently for subscribers is that the Paid app does not have banner ads.

Edit: You say there are two problems, but I'm not clear on what the second problem is.

• heh .. i can't remember i was interrupted during that post.
    However My statement still stands. As a paid member i should get the ad free version of the app with my membership
    As for the rest .. it simply doesn't work then. Since i can't do anything but watch select limited shows that freeze at start more often then not

• I'd like to see more episodes available through the app. When I am on the website for example, I can watch ALL the episodes of Mushi-shi in sub or dub. Using the app, I only have access to the first four. When I watch .hack//Quantum on the website, I have access to all three OVA's. When I access through the app, I only have access to 2 trailers. When I watch Full Metal Panic the second raid on the website, again I have access to the whole season of shows. Only the first two are available on the app.

While this may not seem like a problem, I like to follow a show and watch all the episodes and tick it off my viewing list.. I don't like starting a bunch of new shows because then odds are I'll forget something and have to watch the beginning episodes all over again, which wastes time and energy, to catch up. I am not currently a subscriber, but when I can I will be purchasing an annual subscription (probably looking at October)

• So account sync between website and apps, so I can utilize my queue on whatever device i'm using. That's it, thanks for the anime.

• Hi, I'm having trouble finding my Queue in the Android app made by Phunware… I have multiple shows in my queue on this website, I also have access to them on my PS4 but not on my Android phone. The app is up to date (v2.4.557) and so is my phone (xperia z3 by sony) so am I missing something!? Where do I go to find my queue?

Thank you for your time!

• @jinjuuryuu:

finding my Queue in the Android app

It's not there, won't be integrated until some future time.

• @Strawflower:

I'd like to see more episodes available through the app. When I am on the website for example, I can watch ALL the episodes of Mushi-shi in sub or dub. Using the app, I only have access to the first four. When I watch .hack//Quantum on the website, I have access to all three OVA's. When I access through the app, I only have access to 2 trailers. When I watch Full Metal Panic the second raid on the website, again I have access to the whole season of shows. Only the first two are available on the app.

The mobile apps do serve more episodes to subscribers. It sounds like you might not be logged in to the mobile app. First, please make sure you are on the latest version of the the mobile app. Then, please try logging out and back in. I believe there is an issue with the app where it looks like you are logged in when you actually are not. You will be able to use either your username or your email address to log in if you are on the latest version of the app.

• @TIL:

It's not there, won't be integrated until some future time.

I see… Thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll load my queue from the browser for now...