Roku fixes

• Could we please tie-in the new queue system into the Roku app? There is a "Queue" box at the bottom but it does not currently link to my personal queue nor does it appear to have any functionality currently.
    Also, Can we please have the shows separated by seasons so that episodes >50 (Fairy Tail!) can be viewable.
    thanks very much

• Both of these are bugs. Queue is a known issue. Please check the Known Issues list on the Support page. www.funimation.com/support. As for your second suggestion, not done how you suggested, but still accomplishes what you wanted: The limiter has been raised to 175, so now you can get to episodes beyond episode 50!

• nice work. thanks

• I support anything to make the Roku app better. It's alot easier to SHARE different shows with people on the TV than it is with a Laptop.

• Great news thanks

• BUMP for ETA on fixโ€ฆ.the lack of this feature kills the usability.

• @mwhite5471:

BUMP for ETA on fixโ€ฆ.the lack of this feature kills the usability.

A sort-of workaround is to exploit Roku's Resume feature to tag episodes you've recently watched.

1. When playback approaches the end of an episode, don't let it play through to the end. Interrupt playback by pressing the up-arrow, which takes you to the episode's menu. A Resume option will be added to the menu for that episode. (If you accidentally let the episode finish playing, you can add the Resume tag by starting it and interrupting it after playback begins.)

2. Later, when you want to find the next unwatched episode of that series, select any episode you think you recently watched. If the episode's menu has a Resume option, then you've watched it. Don't select "Choose a different Video" on the menu; it's better to use the left-arrow and right-arrow to go directly to adjacent episodes. Press the left-arrow and right-arrow until you locate the first episode that doesn't have a Resume option on the menu; that'll be the next one you haven't watched.

It's a bit cumbersome, but you can use this trick on any Roku channel that supports Resume even if it doesn't have a queue.

• No ETA as of yet.

• I realize there is "no ETA" and this is a "known problem".
    However, it is now 6 months later. Are these just euphemisms for "will not fix"?
    Is Roku support just a checkbox ignored once it barely works?
    Funimation is charging as much as Netflix or Crunchyroll, but providing a vastly inferior Roku experience.

• Maybe they are making enough money not to care? App development isn't that hard folks, people do it every day.

• Or maybe they aware busy with other things! Ever think of that!?

• @blightme:

I realize there is "no ETA" and this is a "known problem".
    However, it is now 6 months later. Are these just euphemisms for "will not fix"?
    Is Roku support just a checkbox ignored once it barely works?

Are these questions rhetorical? :P

• Seriously, though.

Things just take time and have to be balanced with everything else being worked on. The Roku has not been abandoned, and as the support rep for the Roku, I am very much interested in the user experience on it.

The top priorities for Roku are the Queue integration, (which is actually a very big project because it needs to sync with the site, your video history, and the other devices), the layout, and the weird bug where the Roku mobile app's keyboard doesn't work with our channel.

• @Sophie:

โ€ฆ, and the weird bug where the Roku mobile app's keyboard doesn't work with our channel.

I use it when I'm required to log in again in the app. Do you mean at some other point it doesn't work, or that it is an intermittent problem?

• When I tested, I couldn't get the Roku Channel to work with anything I submitted via the Roku mobile app keyboard. Is it working for you? Do you have the iPhone app or the Android one?

• @Sophie:

When I tested, I couldn't get the Roku Channel to work with anything I submitted via the Roku mobile app keyboard. Is it working for you? Do you have the iPhone app or the Android one?

The iOS app (I use it on my iPod Touch).

It has thankfully been a couple of weeks or more since I last had to log in, but it worked then and every time before. Frankly, with the password I have for Funimation, it is a royal pain to to enter it using my Roku remote.

If it wasn't a complicated password, I would log out and back in just to verify it is still working.

• No worries. Thank you for clarifying. I'll test it on my Roku tonight.

• are you guys ever going to fix the roku queue? It's was broken '6 months ago' โ€ฆ 2 months ago. Is the roku queue issue going to extend into 'years' instead of months? Is it really THAT big a problem .... or have you just abandoned it?

I love the funimation content, and I subscribed because I want funimation to succeed and be successful in bringing quality anime productions to the US (and elsewhere). But - Funimation's ability to directly provide streaming content is pretty horrible. The mobile app is horrible in it's implementation. The website is ... not horrible, but ... is bloated and tedious ... and the roku app is just poor by comparison to other roku apps. And of course no queue. The ONLY reason to log in is so it knows I'm a paying member.

I really want funimation to succeed - but get your !#$% together. I have been patient - more so than others. I think others would just give up and not care any more, and I believe that's what lots of others have likely done and are no longer here.

Please fix roku queue - and other - issue(s). And I suggest either providing a good streaming experinece - or give it up. Your content is amazing. You already have several MAJOR content serving partners. Either utilize them exclusively, or make your content serving mechanisms (mobile app, website, roku, other devices) viable.

• are you guys ever going to fix the roku queue? It's was broken '6 months ago' โ€ฆ 2 months ago. Is the roku queue issue going to extend into 'years' instead of months? Is it really THAT big a problem .... or have you just abandoned it?

I love the funimation content, and I subscribed because I want funimation to succeed and be successful in bringing quality anime productions to the US (and elsewhere). But - Funimation's ability to directly provide streaming content is pretty horrible. The mobile app is horrible in it's implementation. The website is ... not horrible, but ... is bloated and tedious ... and the roku app is just poor by comparison to other roku apps. And of course no queue. The ONLY reason to log in is so it knows I'm a paying member.

I really want funimation to succeed - but get your !#$% together. I have been patient - more so than others. I think others would just give up and not care any more, and I believe that's what lots of others have likely done and are no longer here.

Please fix roku queue - and other - issue(s). And I suggest either providing a good streaming experinece - or give it up. Your content is amazing. You already have several MAJOR content serving partners. Either utilize them exclusively, or make your content serving mechanisms (mobile app, website, roku, other devices) viable.

• Sohpie,

Just wanted to check with you to see if you have any updates on the ROKU queue for the Funimation Channel.

• I don't even see a queue option. Make that queue a top priority! It's important, really! Secondly, even without the queue, a series should remember the last episode watched, and return to it when navigating into the series. It would help mitigate the lack of queue. In fact, it might be more important than the queue in some casesโ€ฆ such as trying to watch One Piece. Navigating 400+ episodes to get to the last watched takes a very long time.