Can YouTube Ruin People life's?

• If you don't know totalbiscuit (a youtuber with 2 million subscribers) have said many times before, he have health problems do to stress from youtube
    So do you guys believe that youtube can ruin somebody life?
    Here some videos about the topic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvSXgBmu2Pc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnIcE_dwGn4

• People like TotalBiscuit would have health issues due to stress no matter what job they had. Youtube specifically doesn't have any more or less stress than someone working in any conventional dead end job that requires little to no education. It's the people, not the occupation

NEXT QUESTION

• @Riles:

NEXT QUESTION

What is the meaning of life?

• Most of the downsides of "internet fame" stem from the fame part, and not the internet part.

• @7jaws7:

What is the meaning of life?

To spend all your waking moments not knowing if you use one side of your towel more than the other side

• The internet is a powerful tool, and like any other tool it can be used to both create & destroy.

However as nature dictates most people are idiots who will misuse/abuse it! le sigh

• As someone who writes/voice acts for YouTube vids, I think it all depends on the kind of content your channel puts out that will determine whether or not you get the sort of consequences that the big guy in that vid talked about.

If you make personal video blogs, you're gonna get haters bashing on your personal opinions you addressed. If you make reviews, you're gonna get haters saying what you 'didn't get' or were 'too stupid to see' from the product you are reviewing. If you make Let's Plays, you're gonna get haters saying how bad you are at the game. If you make fandubs or abridged series, you're gonna get haters saying how bad your voice acting or mic quality is. If you make comedy skits or sketches, you're gonna get haters saying that you're not funny. The list goes on and on…

Now some people can handle that kinda negativity, others can't. I think I've been pretty fortunate not to have had experienced that kinda hate on the content me & my troupe put out since a lot of our stuff isn't rly as mainstream as LittleKuriboh or TFS, but if it was, you gotta take the good with the bad. ESPECIALLY if like Doug Walker (the Nostalgia Critic) or James Rolfe (AVGN) or TotalBiscuit and boogie2988, you are physically showing yourself to the Internet. You aren't just providing a voice to your content, you are showing your face to the world, so to speak, so you gotta be prepared for people to recognize you from that and take the good (handshakes) with the bad (slap in the face). Course, I would imagine if someone did actually slap him in the face, there should have been more of a consequence to the 'slapper' for crossing the line of physical violence...

And also, think about all the hate that celebrities from movies, television, music, etc. get on a daily basis. Any kind of popularity is gonna have its haters/downsides to it, so that's something that 'Internet celebrities' just gotta deal with and gotta ask themselves "Why should I put up with this? Oh yeah, cuz I LOVE what I do. Cuz I LOVE making content. Cuz what else would I do with myself?" At least, that's how I would look at it (but then again, I'm not Internet famous and prolly never will be...and that's fine with me, I still love making vids!)

• @Zzdog30:

If you don't know totalbiscuit (a youtuber with 2 million subscribers) have said many times before, he have health problems do to stress from youtube
    So do you guys believe that youtube can ruin somebody life?

Only if the person lets it, and if you find that you can't take the stress, and you keep doing that to yourself, you need to take a step back and figure out if the money is worth it. And if you're too afraid to take that step back, you need to create a safety net for yourself so you can take that time to figure out how you screwed up your life.

• hmmm, i didn't watch the video but i wouldn't doubt it.