What the heck is a Billing Code?

• I am trying to purchase something in the store and wanted to use my bank card rather than my credit card. But it asks for a Billing code and gives 0 explanation what it wants to be fed into that box. Can anyone tell me what the Heck a billing code is and how do I finish placing my order so I can buy my stuff?

• @kaichan90 said in What the heck is a Billing Code?:

I am trying to purchase something in the store and wanted to use my bank card rather than my credit card. But it asks for a Billing code and gives 0 explanation what it wants to be fed into that box. Can anyone tell me what the Heck a billing code is and how do I finish placing my order so I can buy my stuff?

Turn your card over and it is the 3 digit number on the white space where you can sign your name. If that isn't the one you are looking for, it is just the zipcode associated with your bank account. That is a 5 digit number.

• @Ragnawind I just tried that and it still says Billing Code required in red, plus I thought that number was called CVC and it already asked for that with my card number and expiry date. I tried my mailing code which is 6 characters since I am in Canada and that didn't work either. I also tried my mailing address.

• Canada is likely the problem. What you can try is using the 3 numbers in your postal code and two 0. For example, with this postal code " A2B 3C4", it would be 23400. This supposedly only works with MasterCard and is not guaranteed to work everywhere.

• Welp Nothing will work with my visa then. I guess the issue is resolved, though it seems like a really weird billing system for Funimation to use period.

Thanks for your help anyways.

• @kaichan90 said in What the heck is a Billing Code?:

Welp Nothing will work with my visa then. I guess the issue is resolved, though it seems like a really weird billing system for Funimation to use period.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Not really. Most companies that operate out of the USA use a billing zipcode for using a card, though it is normally part of the billing info's address rather than a separate field.