Spice and wolf season 3?

• hey does anyone here know what's going on with spice and wolf, if they are going to make more anime from the novels or there will be a season 3.

• @TorqNvert:

hey does anyone here know what's going on with spice and wolf, if they are going to make more anime from the novels or there will be a season 3.

The novels finished a while back, and there has been no news regarding a third season of Spice & Wolf.

• One of the benefits of anime adaptations is sometimes to promote the source material. Depending on the companies involved, they may not be interested in funding more episodes if there is no longer any new material to promote in this manner.

• Is the novel complete? I just finished volume 9 and volume 10 isn't due until December.
    The series only went to about volume 5 or 6. Still plenty of material for a new season.

• @bejay53:

Is the novel complete? I just finished volume 9 and volume 10 isn't due until December.

Yes, the novels are finished in Japan. There's a total of 17 volumes.

• 2 seasons only went through 5 novels, theres plenty of more plot there for them to make 4 more seasons if they wanted to. i hope they do

• There is no news of a third season of Spice & wolf at this time.

• At this point I don't think there's much of a chance for a third season.

It's not a matter of there still being plenty of material to adapt, plenty of anime are incomplete versions of their source material. The novels ended 2 years ago and the second season was 4 years ago. If they were going to make more, I get the feeling they would have by now.

This is another one of those shows where people really want a third season, I'm one of them, but it just ain't happening.

• I'm trying to find the info…I think it was in the old forums:
    The entire production team, VA's and score performers had worked on Maoyu Mao Yusha.

Maybe they were too busy with other obligations?

• Chances are slim and the outcome not likely, but… you can sign the petition at change.org

MOD Edit:. Please don't post links to petitions on Funi forums. Also, things like this don't really work, Japan doesn't care about what fans in other countries want, the only time we matter is if it's a co-pro or a toyetic show. P.S. It's sad people use websites like change.com for such fickle things. The site was made for people wanting social/political changes and reform... Yet people constantly misuse it for TV shows....sometimes...I just don't want to live on this planet anymore... sighs

• @OysterBath:

Chances are slim and the outcome not likely, but… you can sign the petition at change.org

MOD Edit:. Please don't post links to petitions on Funi forums. Also, things like this don't really work, Japan doesn't care about what fans in other countries want, the only time we matter is if it's a co-pro or a toyetic show. P.S. It's sad people use websites like change.com for such fickle things. The site was made for people wanting social/political changes and reform… Yet people constantly misuse it for TV shows....sometimes...I just don't want to live on this planet anymore... sighs

…I went to change.com. It's a lingerie store. I checked out Change.org and, honestly, a petition for a third season of an anime series is less ridiculous than some of the causes listed on its main page. They don't even plead a case, they just throw out some unsubstantiated, sensationalized talking points next to a "sign here" form. Sketchy. I actually hadn't really heard of/gone to this site before.

Considering how Maoyu disappeared from the radar (like its contemporary Total Eclipse) I'm thinking that the hope for Season 3 are "slimmer than slim" since the Spice 'n Wolf gang was involved with Maoyu.

I wasn't too impressed with Spice 'n Wolf-it did not even come close to living up to its "promise" of giving in-depth coverage of economics-but it is a bit brutal to just leave it hanging at the cliffhanger that ended Season 2.

• I get sick when I think about it. All Holo wanted was love and affection and now she has been deserted again by all except Lawrence and a few others who understand her. If this goes on then Chloe wins after all!

• Considering how Maoyu disappeared from the radar (like its contemporary Total Eclipse) I'm thinking that the hope for Season 3 are "slimmer than slim" since the Spice 'n Wolf gang was involved with Maoyu.

I wasn't too impressed with Spice 'n Wolf-it did not even come close to living up to its "promise" of giving in-depth coverage of economics-but it is a bit brutal to just leave it hanging at the cliffhanger that ended Season 2.

IMHO, Maoyu had the potential to be better than Spice and wolf. If you were expecting a tutorial on economics, you were better off with Maoyu than S&W. I thought it has a greater detail of cause and effect, especially why the war could not be brought to decisive end. Basically how peace would cause more death, destruction and suffering the the current war.
    I also thought it had better characters (more chances for growth). I'd love to see another season, but that isn't going to happen for sure. I'll just have to continue on thru the manga.

I never got the impression that Spice and Wolf Had a ""promise" of giving in-depth coverage of economics". The fact that it did cover some rudimenatry principles was part of the background and a plot to help Holo understand some of Lawrences actions and since Lawrence was a merchant, there had to be a discussion at some point.

As to the cliff hanger, you are correct, it stinks. That is why so many want a season 3. The novels provide a lot of material for several more seasons. My guess is that it did not do well in the japanese market.

• Maoyu was more macroeconomics whereas Spice and Wolf felt more microeconomics.

I didn't care for Maoyu that much, but I did like Demon King and Head Maid.

• Maoyu just disappeared after its simulcast ended. It was one of those shows that, in the time before simulcasting & crunchyroll, I probably wouldn't have heard of it as there was no news about it. No company said that they were looking at it, no sequels were hyped up on the Japanese side, nothing. ANN and some other sites did a review or two for it and then even they forgot about it.

Spice and Wolf Complete Collection combopack is on Amazon for 25 bucks and RightStuf for 30. When I see those sort of discounts I can't help but think that the titles so price-reduced sold poorly. I can think of reasons why that's not likely to be the case (eg:Funi brought over S&W season 2) but I just can't convince myself. :(

Spice 'n Wolf was promising enough for me to buy (new, at-release) both seasons one and 2 so I would like to be able to buy the "whole story" in anime form.

• i'm re-watching both season 1 and 2 because it was so good. making another crazy and action-love packed season would be awesome. holo's history and origins need to be explained. maybe through Lawrence's and holo's love adventures. maybe getting into some more messes and getting lawrence to finally express how he feels and what he thinks about holo.

• so….. volume 11 and 12 are coming out in 2014 volume 11 in April and 12 in August 2014 but im not positive if a season 3 will be made but i really hope it dose :D

• It's probably never happening, there are no new light novels to promote, and Kadokawa has changed how they promote their series these days. You get one single 10 episode adaptation and that's most likely it, and then they move onto the next series to promote that way. Spice & Wolf among others are lucky they came out years before Kadokawa started doing this.

As much as I'd like to see another season, it's probably never happening.

• Mod Edit: Please don't post stuff like this on the forums.

Change dot org was not made for fans to get more of fictional media, it was made for actual social change, it's sad how often people abuse it.

Also The companies in Japan don't case what fans in other countries want more of, unless it's A toyetic show or co-production.

• @t_simmons:

[. PLEASE DONT DO THIS](. PLEASE DONT DO THIS)

!

• This is on of my top favorites show. And from what I read there not going to continue on after season 2.