Third season

• Dose anyone know if there will be a third season of Sekire?

• nothing from Japan about a third season. Either it didn't sell well, or Seven Arcs is just busy with Dog Days season 3 and the next Nanoha movie

• They made an announcement a few years back confirming a season 3 (no release date), but then it faded into the abyss. There has been nothing about it since.

• got a source for that?

• @Freenex:

They made an announcement a few years back confirming a season 3 (no release date), but then it faded into the abyss. There has been nothing about it since.

That sucks. The story is getting good.

• I don't have any reliable source. Just my observations from rumors I've heard and from being a fan of the Anime/Manga.

Basically, they had talked about season 3 at some point, but it was announced waaaaaaaay too early. We're talking shortly after the end of the 2nd season early. After that, they realized that the anime had caught up to the manga too fast and put the anime on hold so that they could get the manga far enough ahead of the anime to keep a steady stream of source material. Since then it has fallen into the abyss.

What I can tell you without major spoilers is that the manga is broken into 4 major parts, and the anime essentially caught up with the manga around part 3. The manga has gotten fairly far ahead, so if there is to be a third season still, we should hopefully see something about it relatively soon. I read somewhere about a panel discussion that took place where they discussed the possibilities of finishing up the series with either a season 3 and 4, movies, or some combination of season 3+movies depending on popularity and sales figures from japan. From what I understand the manga is still actively updating/releasing and fairly popular in Japan. So there is hope.

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, like I said this is all based on rumors and personal observations. I've been following this series for a long time now, and that is honestly my only qualification. There isn't anything really solid out there because this anime fell into the abyss.

• they need to speed up the manga. theyre only putting out like 1 chapter a month and sometimes skipping months:

Sekirei 138 : Those First Feelings 01/01/2013
    Sekirei 139 : Reminiscence 01/13/2013
    Sekirei 140 : Island Below The Heavens 02/15/2013
    Sekirei 141 : Disembarkment 02/15/2013
    Sekirei 142 : The Eighth Ashikabi 03/04/2013
    Sekirei 144 : Bloodstainded Wings 04/10/2013
    Sekirei 145 : Case Of The Certain Ashikabi 06/08/2013
    Sekirei 146 : Binding Hands, Binding Bonds 07/06/2013
    Sekirei 147 : The Strenght Of Bond 09/04/2013
    Sekirei 148 : Connected Hearts 09/29/2013
    Sekirei 149 : Loving Soul, Violent Soul 10/08/2013
    Sekirei 150 : The Sekirei Queen 10/11/2013

1st 2 seasons used about 50 chapters each chapter 150 just came outand it looks like the story is kind of wrapping up. if i was 7 arcs, id be waiting a little longer for the manga to finnish, then make season 3 to go thru most of the remaining plot, then end it with a movie.

if the author of the manga wasnt takeing his sweet time over the summer, we might have alredy had a season 3 announced for spring 2014. but its kinda late for that,

• @Freenex:

They made an announcement a few years back confirming a season 3 (no release date), but then it faded into the abyss. There has been nothing about it since.

They never made any announcement about a season 3 of Sekirei.

• I am happy to read that the manga is still continuing since I do not read manga. I do not have an idea if there will be a season 3 since it was too long for it to come out. But reading the information here make me happy. I love this anime this is one of my favorite DVD collection. I will wait whenever the season 3 will come out or not. If not I will just read the manga but I really prefer watching than reading. Will be waiting….

• Perhaps it is time for me to finally start watching this then, since I've had the Complete BD Collection of this kicking around on my shelf for a while. Yet another Funi show where I have gotten more autographs on then I've seen episodes of lol.

The first season having a different dub director and being in SD has deterred me, since I might not like its dub but I don't want to simply skip to the second season.

• nothing changes between directors. everyone sounds exactly the same

• I really hope the third season is released soon, this is a very good anime and I know there are millions out there who agree with me.

• There will be no season 3, the anime ended years ago.
    Maybe if those millions of people who agree that Sekirei is good actually bought a physical release then the series would still be around, but they didn't, and thus the show is dead. RIP.

• were can you get the manga at?

• They have never been released outside of Japan, you'd have to search a bit but any release you would find would be printed in Japanese.

• Hi i just got finished with the 1st and 2nd season today. I just couldn't stop watching and i finished them all in 1 day pretty crazy right. But i was reading everyones posts about a third season and everyone is giving me hope about a 3rd season. I very much love Sekirei and as i read i notice users are talking about the manga series and usually when there are more books/chapters in the manga series there are more seasons. And it seems on Netflix that Sekirei has gotten 4 1/2 stars! people love the show. So the show is getting great ratings so i believe that sense the show is getting good ratings that the companies and funimation will notice that and they will proceed to make a new season i know it is january of 2014 and the 2nd season was made in 2010 it has been 4 years sense the 2nd season. But i believe that the reason it is taking a long time for them to give a release date on Sekirei is because they might be making the third season the best season. But if they did not have any plans to make a third season i hope that Funimation reads every post and notices that there are a ton of fans out there who want a third season. So i hope they will find it in there hearts to give us what we want because they know that the show is amazing. i might just go and buy the manga series.

• Funimation didn't produce the first two seasons of Sekirei, that was done by a Japanese studio. Funimation merely licensed the show for distribution in North America, as well as translate the show from Japanese to English

We as North Americans are at the mercy of what Japanese studios believe are worth producing, so it's unlikely your plea for a third season will be heard. Sorry, Kentavious

• The manga is looking like it is either coming to a final conclusion, or at least a conclusion of the main story arc it started on. Either way, that may cause a third season to be made if they think it will be profitable enough.

• @Riles:

Funimation didn't produce the first two seasons of Sekirei, that was done by a Japanese studio. Funimation merely licensed the show for distribution in North America, as well as translate the show from Japanese to English

We as North Americans are at the mercy of what Japanese studios believe are worth producing, so it's unlikely your plea for a third season will be heard. Sorry, Kentavious

Pretty much this. Seriously, why is this simple concept so hard for kids these days to grasp…. I fear for our worlds future sometimes....

• @Soundmonkey44:

Seriously, why is this simple concept so hard for kids these days to grasp…. I fear for our worlds future sometimes....

Can't be helped. Newcomers to anime see "Funimation" before each episode and just assume the whole series was made in America. Perhaps FUNi should display a brief message somewhere clarifying what they do?

• I dunno if they think anime is made in America, that would be stupid beyond all. I just figure they Mistakingly think Funimation is in Japan. When of course we all know it's in Texas, XD.

But yeah, there is no excuse to not know basic facts about things these days IMO. These people obviously have the internet. They should use it!

Gawd I hate the autocorrect feature on my iPhone! It doesn't correct squat! It actual does the opposite! >:(