Possible season 3 release date?

• I hate not being able to finish knowing what happens. I'd like to know when the possible release date is for the 3rd season if anyone knows so that I can be set to watch the possibly last season to this series and find out how everything plays out. Anyone got any idea's?

• There isnt a third season of this particular title. But seven seas is releasing the manga stateside if that helps.

• at the time season 2 ended, the show caught up with the light novel, so a third season can't happen until the author writes more, and I have no idea what the release schedule for the LN is, if there even is one

• @Getchman:

at the time season 2 ended, the show caught up with the light novel, so a third season can't happen until the author writes more, and I have no idea what the release schedule for the LN is, if there even is one

The schedule is generally very very slow. I don't expect we will see a Haganai S3 for at least 1-2 more years.

• I would love to see more of this the end of Season 2 kind of did wrap up the loose ends 1 do Kordaka and Sena marry, 2 what happens to Yosora on her trip? aqnd the other girls find boyfriends Do they Graduate? All these questions are left floating answer them.

• I expect to see an OVA eventually but tat will probably be it to help wrap a few things up.

• you gotta make a season 3 of haganai because how the way season 2 ended

• @bloodysword2014:

you gotta make a season 3 of haganai because how the way season 2 ended

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Now please read this: http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?4539-Do-NOT-Request-Future-Seasons-of-Anime-%28New-Forum-Members-Please-Read%29

Long story short, FUNimation does not make anime. A third season would have to be up to the studios in Japan.

• I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a possible season 3, as I absolutely love this series. Though, making anime is not something that can be done over night. There is no magic button, and the fans often have to wait and wait. There needs to be more material for the animators to work with, and if they are basing the anime off of light novels then, shoot we have to wait for the author to write them, the studio to argue over whether or not another season would sell, how much they can milk FUNimation for when they come around with their hand out.

The first season of Haganai finished airing in 2011, the second season didn't even start until two years after that… so if... and this is a big if. IF they make a third season, we can safely assume it won't happen until 2015; and even then that's contingent on whether the author has enough novels written.

In the meantime, there is a live action movie you can all fawn over.

• Exactly. Sequel seasons are almost never "impossible". But sometimes you just have to wait for a long time before they show up.

Except for Rosario+Vampire season 3. That's NEVER gonna happen.

• @Davidism:

Was the live action of this any good?

• The last time I checked, it hasn't made it to DVD or BD in Japan yet, so I can't say with any certainty; though I do want to see it for the giggles when I'm able to. So yeah, it's more or less the only new thing "Haganai."

Since it premiered in February, I figure it's only a short while before it gets released on DVD/BD in Japan.

• @Davidism:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a possible season 3, as I absolutely love this series. Though, making anime is not something that can be done over night. There is no magic button, and the fans often have to wait and wait. There needs to be more material for the animators to work with, and if they are basing the anime off of light novels then, shoot we have to wait for the author to write them, the studio to argue over whether or not another season would sell, how much they can milk FUNimation for when they come around with their hand out.

The first season of Haganai finished airing in 2011, the second season didn't even start until two years after that… so if... and this is a big if. IF they make a third season, we can safely assume it won't happen until 2015; and even then that's contingent on whether the author has enough novels written.

This is one of my favorite animes as well.

As far as the live action films go, I see several that say they have them, but have not seen any of them State side. This one and Silver Spoon would be a must see for me.

• sigh I sense the Rosario + Vampire curse. Think about it, two seasons and they caught up to the light novels, plus they left it at a cliff hanger (well personally, I don't care about Yozara, but I care about what Kodaka's response is to Sena.. If he doesn't handle this well, whether he "loves" her or not, he'll be on my shit list (just below the protagonist of Rosario + Vampire), he's already a prick for not defending Sena and Yukimaru from Yozara), anyway, yeah, they left it on a cliff hanger, doesn't that remind you of Sekirei? I hope because it's the modern day and the hardware and software for making these anime are cheaper that they do make a third season, but often history repeats itself. Not to mention the fact many great anime don't get a third seasons, such as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Heaven's Lost Property, and Baka and Test.

• hopefully they will do a season 3 im dying to know wat happens because like really you cant end it there,THINK OF THE CHILDREN :D LOL

• @derpyslurp:

THINK OF THE CHILDREN :D LOL

They shouldn't be watching this, anyway. :P

• Any news of a possible third season and/or OVA?

• @Corneliagirl101:

Any news of a possible third season and/or OVA?

No.

:hmm:

• This post is deleted!

• In case you didn't know, they absolutely could end it with something like this. Just look at another one of the director's pieces, "Heaven's Lost Property". Same number of episodes, horrible, horrible ending. I want to stab someone it was so bad. They apparently turned the third season into a movie that isn't English dubbed till next year, but I've heard that ending is only marginally better.

• @cole2999:

In case you didn't know, they absolutely could end it with something like this. Just look at another one of the director's pieces, "Heaven's Lost Property". Same number of episodes, horrible, horrible ending. I want to stab someone it was so bad. They apparently turned the third season into a movie that isn't English dubbed till next year, but I've heard that ending is only marginally better.

Heaven's lost property didn't cliffhanger end lol. The new movie pretty much botched the manga plot line because they had to skip something like 2.5 VOLUMES worth of material :(

The animation studio doesn't have anything to do with the delay in a season 3 for Haganai. As I said before, the light novel does not have enough material right now to support a season 3 because the end of season 2 caught up to the light novels. The novels release painfully slow, so that is what is holding things up.