Which Blu-ray version is a better version? Kai or HD

• Since they announced that the Buu saga would be Kai'd next season in japan, I'm tempted to finally buy the series (mostly because I'm 30 and can't spend days indulging in a DBZ marathon like I did when I was a kid. The only problem is that Funimation mentioned that they have no plans to dub the buu saga.

On the other hand, the recent release of the original version o blu-ray is definitely going to be going until Buu. Again, the problem being that I can't devote the necessary 250+ episodes as opposed to the less time-consuming but albeit possible incomplete Kai series.

Would it just be better to hold out for word on a Kai Buu saga, or go with the original version (with anamorphic cropping)?

• Kai will have less episodes

• If the amount of time it'd take to watch it is your concern, then I would definitely suggest going with Kai, yeah. And I wouldn't worry too much about the 'no plans to dub it' thing - they meant that purely in the vein of 'at this exact moment'. There's pretty much no doubt that they will get it when they can and put it out here at some point in the near future.

• I do hope for a release soon. I've been eager to get into Kai, as the idea of cutting out all the filler is very appealing. I just revisited DBZ, and boy, it sure got stretched in places. I didn't notice as much when I was younger because it was all new to me and I was just excited to watch them. Revisiting them isn't so kind. Whether Funi plans to dub or not, I don't care too much because lately I've been watching everything subbed.

• @gotenx87:

I do hope for a release soon. I've been eager to get into Kai, as the idea of cutting out all the filler is very appealing. I just revisited DBZ, and boy, it sure got stretched in places. I didn't notice as much when I was younger because it was all new to me and I was just excited to watch them. Revisiting them isn't so kind. Whether Funi plans to dub or not, I don't care too much because lately I've been watching everything subbed.

They may have cut out filler, but they also cut out manga material as well. I'm a little stifled at that.

• kai is great, it does cut out alot of filler & abit of the manga part of it, but.. for older fans like us who do not have alot of time, kai is perfect & i for 1 will be buying the majin buu saga part of kai if/when it is released.

• Doesn't kai also horribly censor the shows violence?