2014 Anime Villains Tournament Round 1, Match 11

• Here we have Raoh from Fist of the North Star vs. Chouji Suitengu from Speed Grapher.

• Raoh is, for lack of a better term, the single MANLIEST villain of all anime.

He's capable of terrible cruelty, massive destruction, and widespread chaos on a global scale.

And yet, he does all these things with generally good intentions. Whereas Kenshiro chooses to unite the world in compassion, Raoh has chosen to unite the world in fear. Even though he enslaves, kills, and punishes to get his way, he does so with the intent that a world united under one king would have no more war or conflict. He does the evil things he does not to enslave the world, but to SAVE the world.

He is cruel, but not without a heart. Frightening, but not without understanding. He is a demon to his enemies, but a saint to his friends. And even though his ways differ from those of his brother, there still lies a layer of respect and admonition for him, even when they are locked together in deadly combat.

And let us not forget, that it is he who

! upon his death, broke the toxic cloud surrounding the earth using his last bit of energy, with one final mighty fist towards the sky…. dying on his feet, his hand still held high... a single tear falling from his cheek.....

THAT, my friends, is why Raoh deserves to win this thing.

• I've heard nothing but great things about Chouji Suitengu as a villain so he gets my vote.

• Chouji Suitengu!!!

• Chouji Suitengu. As JO put it, the dude has so much money, he practically smokes it.

Not a metaphor.

• I vote for Raoh.

• Suitengu is one of my favorite villains. He's just so damn charismatic about it, and THINKS he's doing what's right (well, at least what's right for him), to the point that it's hard not to like the guy in how detestable he is. That and he's voiced by Chris Ayres, who is a master at playing truly charismatic villains, making it all the more effective. So yeah, Suitengu gets my vote.

That said though, as I'm rapidly developing an interest in FotNS, just from what I've heard of Raoh, I'm actually fine either way in how this match goes.

• Mr. Suitengu made it pretty far in the last tournament as he got to the final eight. Only falling to the wayside because he came up against eventual finalist Johan Liebert. Honestly, I gotta say he deserved to get as far as he did and I expect him to do pretty well again.

• Chouji Suitengu - Speed Grapher, a great villain with an amazing backstory to the point where the viewer feels a degree of sympathy for him.