PlayStation Vita (and Vita TV) app?

• Apologies if this is the wrong section to post this in, but I wanted to ask if there was any likelihood of Funimation considering working up an app for the PlayStation Vita (to include the Vita TV)?

For now, there are a number of video streaming apps available in the US and Canada for the device, such as YouTube and Netflix. Plus, your counterparts at Crunchyroll have announced they are working on a Vita app of their own, though it remains to be stated when it will be available (or what kind of features it may include).

Of course, Sony hasn't said anything just yet as to whether or not the Vita TV will actually be sold in the territories which Funimation covers. But, such an app would be a welcome addition to that fork on this platform's development, should SCEA decide to take the plunge.

While it is not quite clear just yet how well the LCD screen on the -2000 model will compare to the OLED on the original Vita, I hope that Funi might consider allowing for an app to be worked up in support of each member of the growing Vita ecosystem.

• I would also like to see a Playstation TV (Vita TV mentioned above) and Vita app as well. The PS TV is my primary streaming device in my bedroom, and I do tend to watch a lot of Crunchyroll streaming on that device. Funimation would be a good companion to that.

• Coming soon, but no ETA. I will post more information as I receive it, though.

• This is exciting to see. Your PS4 app is amazing. I would LOVE to see this on the Vita/PS TV!

• I would really like to see a Vita app, too. But not like the mobile app. Just a PS4 version of the app on the device like the other better apps on the Vita.

• you said coming soon 5 months ago
    whats the status on this?

• I'd also like to know where this is. No Vita/TV app. iOS app sucks, no background playing. (Hasn't been updated for a year) Better see something for the Apple TV or PSTV soon. Like I love the content but once I give you my money you give me no convenient way to watch it. Get with the times, you guys.

• Still "coming". It's tough because the timing changes a lot with stuff like this. It's really hard to say when something will launch until it already has. This is why we really can't give estimates even we think we DO know approximately when something will launch. Even then there is a chance it could move.

I can say, though, that the project is still moving along.

• A good workaround right now is to use the streaming feature on the vita to stream the ps4 funimation app to the vita.

• That's a really good suggestion. Thanks, dacommoncold!

• I wouldn't suggest doing that if your home internet has a relatively low data cap though, as you're both downloading and uploading the same content.

Unless you're just using it in the same building. In that case, carry on.