SAVE to Classic

• I know when the title gets re-release under the SAVE label it will be impossible to be re-release under the classic label, but is there a possibility that you can make that exception?

• Nope.

Shame, too. Such great titles like Mushi-Shi, Romeo x Juliet, and Gankutsuou definitely deserve to be under the Classics line instead of S.A.V.E., but them's the breaks, kid.

I do NOT, however, approve of Masters of Martial Hearts being a "Classic". Good sales or not, THAT is just offensive. >.<

• @SpacemanHardy:

Nope.

Shame, too. Such great titles like Mushi-Shi, Romeo x Juliet, and Gankutsuou definitely deserve to be under the Classics line instead of S.A.V.E., but them's the breaks, kid.

I do NOT, however, approve of Masters of Martial Hearts being a "Classic". Good sales or not, THAT is just offensive. >.<

Did you approve on Kenichi?

• @OtakuGirl85:

Did you approve on Kenichi?

Heck yeah, I love Kenichi.

Even if it had the budget of shoestrings and lint, it was still a helluva fun show. ^_^

• Well that's kind of stupid can't they release in the vice versa label? Because there's some tiles that are expired that they don't want to renew.

• Why? Kenichi is a classic, not a "Please buy this and help reduce our losses" title. ;P

• I'm glad that Gankutsuou, the title that took a dump on Dumas' renown book, was demoted to SAVE. IMO that makes up for most of the titles that are on SAVE that I wish weren't. Bittersweet.

I wish that Initial D had been put into a more "succinct" collection on SAVE. it's a shame that series didn't go anywhere, especially after Funi redubbed it, but between the dated visuals and the horrid dub that DJ Milky commissioned for that one originally I guess the damage was irreparable?

I can agree that Master of Martial Hearts isn't a classic and that Mushi-Shi should be a classic.

• It hurts me when a good title hits the S.A.V.E. line over Classics.

As much as people begged for someone to "rescue" Shana it hit the S.A.V.E. line really fast. Now it wears the green sash of shame

• @visoredavenger:

As much as people begged for someone to "rescue" Shana it hit the S.A.V.E. line really fast. Now it wears the green sash of shame

The reason why Funi's release of Shana didn't sell well was that the blu-ray masters looked like shit. Had Funi actually made their own in-house BD masters of S1 as opposed to using Geneon Japan's, then it would have sold better.

• @Domayv:

The reason why Funi's release of Shana didn't sell well was that the blu-ray masters looked like shit. Had Funi actually made their own in-house BD masters of S1 as opposed to using Geneon Japan's, then it would have sold better.

The fact that it didn't include the OVA that was originally exclusive to Geneon's complete box set - despite the fact that it was completely dubbed in English - is another factor as to why it didn't sell all that well.

• @SpacemanHardy:

The fact that it didn't include the OVA that was originally exclusive to Geneon's complete box set - despite the fact that it was completely dubbed in English - is another factor as to why it didn't sell all that well.

What happened to the OVA? Was that the one released as Shana S?

• Nope. The only way you can get it is to buy the old out-of-print Geneon box set.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Nope. The only way you can get it is to buy the old out-of-print Geneon box set.

Wow. That's just terrible. What kind of stupid licensor agreement is that. If you're going to be re-releasing something that was available previously, you should at the very least include all of the content from the previous release - especially when it's a full-length OVA, already dubbed.

Regardless of whether or not this was a Japanese licensor stipulation or FUNi just forgot or didn't know enough to acquire the rights to it, that kind of stuff just sucks and gives you that niggling feeling that what you bought is incomplete. I finally understand why it's on the S.A.V.E. line now - and it looks like that's where it belongs (terrible JPN upscale, missing content - and to a lesser extent - a dub that's inconsistent with the rest of the series release).

What a shame.