To not ask Funimation to continue selling these titles

• So a lot of people have been asking about these Funimation titles to be continued, here's the list

Negima
    xxHolic
    Case Closed
    Shinchan
    Initial D
    Sgt Frog
    Big Windup
    Kodoncha

they will not because they were poor sellers, DO NOT ASK thank you

• Title correction I meant Do sorry

• Ummmm….. Yeah.

And don't ask for future seasons of Rosario+Vampire or Sekirei, either. ^_^

• Yeah I read your other post about that I just say that they won't continue those series that are continuing in Japan but will not continue here because of poor sales. That's when trying to say.

• Heh I miss people asking for more Kodoncha, it's pretty rare that people even know what that anime is these days.
    Shame too since it was a fun little show, it had it's issues but alas she's dead.

• As much as I love Case Closed, I think funimation stopped releasing around season 5 and they're currently up to season 23 in japan, that'd be a HUGE investment on their part to pick back up again.

• Yeah as A huge Conanite, even I know Funi would be crazy to do the rest of case closed. It would at the very least though be nice to have legal streams of the show somewhere!

• @thomclyma:

As much as I love Case Closed, I think funimation stopped releasing around season 5 and they're currently up to season 23 in japan, that'd be a HUGE investment on their part to pick back up again.

you know I have requested that show to be put on Viz Media's Neon Alley service last year and I haven't heard a word if the series is going to be on there.

• That'd be up to Viz, now wouldn't it? ;)

• xxxholic!!! I just watched that while dealing with the buffering nightmare right when it started … its good an id recommend it to my friends but then again we prolly have a different sense of humor then most ^_^

• xxxHolic is absolutely on my highly recommended list. Though I am confused. Has Funi planned on not release/selling anymore of these titles via DVD/BRD or are they planning to cease streaming these titles? Or both?

I originally caught xxxHolic on Nexflix but finished the series here on Funi. Would be a shame to see such a wonderful anime wiped from the streaming library.

Oh, on another note: when are we getting season 3 of Rosario+Vampire? Hehe

• @josefhiggins:

xxxHolic is absolutely on my highly recommended list. Though I am confused. Has Funi planned on not release/selling anymore of these titles via DVD/BRD or are they planning to cease streaming these titles? Or both?

I originally caught xxxHolic on Nexflix but finished the series here on Funi. Would be a shame to see such a wonderful anime wiped from the streaming library.

Funi still has the rights to the shows for now, they just wont be dubbing more/fututre seasons of set shows because they did'nt sell well enough to justify doing so.

…....No.

• @josefhiggins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVssgfHwNHc

• I think there is a chance of more Sgt Frog and Shin though

• sorta surprising sgt.frog and negima. are not good sellers. . . most of my friends around here love one the other or both if there into anime. . . i know i couldn't buy them because i'm not near any place that sells anime just for anime sake. . in fact when it comes to sgt frog every person i have shown and had watch past episode 5 has loved the show in every way. . exsept kululu . . .sadly i don't have the seasons of negima because i just cant find them outside of online. . . (not big into using debt cards on the net). . as for the others sadly i do not know much about them. . .i'll watch them to see if i like them thou. .

**** If there were no "crazy" people in the world, "sane" people would have nothing to do****

• Negima was a bad seller? The second anime series had a non-SAVE collection before the SAVE release, that isn't exactly bad sales…

• Unless it's a rescue, every show gets a non SAVE version first. ~_^

• @Sophie:

Unless it's a rescue, every show gets a non SAVE version first. ~_^

Well that's good since neither Shin or Sgt. Frog has hit the S.A.V.E. line yet and I still haven't seen any Frog episodes

• I'll give the people asking for more of these titles a little bit of credit since more seasons actually exist, as opposed to something like Sekirei where people are asking for something that a little bit of research would tell them was non-existent. I'm still a bit bummed about xxxHolic since it always struck me as odd that it didn't do that well since Tsubasa seems to have worked out, and it isn't something super long like Case Closed or requiring a complete overhaul of the script like Shin-Chan. But yeah, not much point in asking because obviously Funimation knows whether or not it's financially viable to keep going.

• I used to have a pretty big dvd anime collection around when dbz and case closed was appearing on toonami. That was about the time I had a hell of a lot of chitty experinces with the dvds disk, the dvd players, and companys. Top of the line dvd players would frequently skip, stutter, freeze, warp the disk, and scratch the disk. Im pretty sure everyone had some similar problem like I did, of falling behind on watching something and would just buy the shows as they were coming out. Some shows I would watch quickly and some I would wait on for varies reasons and watch on a way later date. I found a lot of chitty boxes put together, crappy label print jobs, wrong disks, disk with errors, very bad sound, words way off from lining up with the pie holes, and when I would go back to the sellers/ company that made the item, it was opps oh well you bought it, we got your money, now run along attitudes. The anime at that time was expensive for me, so I sold everything I had and walked away.

But then bluray came about and I gave it a try about 2 years ago. 98% of those problems I did have, just vanished, sure you get a few small things wrong, but nothing like before and rightstuff is freaking amazing with returns. Found a problem with 1 disk and rightstuff made it right with a replacement even though they didnt have too cause I bought it from them a whole year ago. The bluray HD picture and sound is just breath taking on the new HD LED samsung 240 CMR TVS and will without a doubt never go back to buying dvds EVER again. Im sure between the rise of the internet, huge loss of jobs in the economy, and the crappy dvd players / dvds, the anime industry took a major dump in the 10 year span causing some nice series to also take a dump.

I really wish they would try to give one of the small series like XXXholic a 2nd chance except in BD format later on down the road if they can get it for a deal. They have plenty of the older titles I want to own, just not in dvd format. Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in the mix, even though its a extremely thin chance. I loved XXX HOLIC and WHEN THEY CRY and would love to own those 2 series someday hopefully!

• That's odd. I rarely had any problems with my anime DVDs. The only DVD I had trouble with is Gurren Lagann Vol. 1. Whenever I try to access the special feature menu, it always freezes and the player ejects the disc.

I wish Funi released more of the When They Cry series. Its a shame that they don't have the rights anymore.