Bodacious Space Pirates

• Via ANN

Genres: adventure, science fiction
    Themes: pirates, school, space
    Objectionable content: Mild

Synopsis: Most families have a skeleton or two in the closet, but Marika is understandably shocked to learn that what her family has been hiding is a skull and crossbones! While the revelation that her late father was a space pirate would have been earthshaking enough for most teenage girls, discovering that he was the captain of the notorious pirate ship Benten Maru will change Marika's life forever. You see, pirating is a family business, and she's just inherited the position of captain - and her father's former crew is quite intent on making sure Marika accepts the job!

What's a girl to do? Well, if you're a high school student whose prior total naval experience has been working at the space yacht club, there's really only one moral dilemma that has to be resolved: are pirates allowed to wear really short mini-skirts?

via TRSI

Bodacious Space Pirates Blu-ray Collection 1 (Hyb)

Bodacious Space Pirates DVD Collection 1 (Hyb)

Contains episodes: 1-13.

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

Synopsis:Marika is finally settling in to her role as captain of a pirate ship and earning the respect of her crewmembers. Just when things are looking jaunty, the crew of the Bentenmaru is struck by a mysterious epidemic and Marika has to fight to complete her contracts and keep her Letter of Marque.

If that wasn't bad enough, pirate ships are being destroyed. Entire ships with their crew and cargo blown into space dust, but who's responsible? What are they trying to accomplish? More importantly, will the Bentenmaru be docked for good? Will she join the Lusitania in the annals of sailing lore, or will Marika be able to keep vessel and crew together?

via TRSI

Bodacious Space Pirates Blu-ray Collection 2 (Hyb)

Bodacious Space Pirates DVD Collection 2 (Hyb)

Contains episodes: 14-26.

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation, Clean Closing Animation.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

• This one wasa slow starting show I felt. Seemed to take a while before they realy got into the story itself on Marika becoming the Pirate Captain. Looking forward to the movie that coming out. Just hoping its not a recap movie.

• This show:

• @Renzokuken:

This show:

LOL, my thoughts too

• I just started watching this on CR. So far I've watched episodes 1-5, and I like it. Anyone else watching this? I like the opening song, too!

• @dmguaragno:

I just started watching this on CR. So far I've watched episodes 1-5, and I like it. Anyone else watching this? I like the opening song, too!

This show failed. Misleading premise, disappointing sub-bad dub-and a theme song dune by an erstwhile heavy metal star but corrupted by moe. All that an anime fan could never want :(

Kekeke yeah, baby.

• I picked it up from the rightstuf sale, quickly became a favorite of mine. It doesn't take itself too serious, the stories are interesting with just enough suspense to keep things interesting but never straying from what it knows it is; a goofy sci-fi drama about mini skirted pirates.

This show failed. Misleading premise, disappointing sub-bad dub-and a theme song dune by an erstwhile heavy metal star but corrupted by moe. All that an anime fan could never want :(

Speak for yourself, as an anime fan I loved the series.
    The show failed? It did well enough to be extended to a 24 episode series and has a movie coming up, that means it's succeeding in Japan.
    Misleading premise? The premise was literally Mini-Skirt Space Pirates, the premise was about a school girl who became a space pirate and had adventures, can't see how the actual show is different then this.
    Bad dub? I thought dubs were bad by definition (I kid I kid, I don't care about English dubs)
    Heavy metal corrupted by moe? I'm not sure what you're on about but I really liked the intro and outro, there's nothing moe about it but it's pretty damn awesome (if anything he was corrupted by techno/trance)
    So yeah, you speak for only yourself when you say its all that you could never want, I respect your personal opinions but I couldn't disagree more.

• @sidereal_presence:

Kekeke yeah, baby.

I am watching the subtitle version, so IDK or care about the English DUB. I found it refreshing to find an anime that didn't revolve around camel toe up-skirt shots every five seconds, personally! Sorry that you didn't like it!

• I watched the simulcast on Crunchyroll and it was my favorite of the season that it started airing. I thought it got a little bit boring in the middle episodes, but the beginning and ending were both very good. I kind of expected a ton of fan service based on the title alone, and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of panty shots. Marika would probably land on my list of favorite female anime characters.

IIRC, there's a movie as well, though I can't remember if it's already out in theaters or just due out soon.