FUNi app on Samsung Smart TV

• Idk if anyone has suggested this yet or not but I just got the new Smart TV from Samsung and it hosts a bunch of really cool apps including Netflix and hulu.. I think it would be cool if FUNi had an app on there as well.

• There was a Samsung app until ohh, 6 months ago. When they launched the new website at the end of last summer, it broke the app and they had it deleted. Supposedly the new app was going to be available in a few months, but so far there's been no word other than the "Coming Soon" posted on the Apps page.

I can only hope they get it out again soon. I miss watching Funi vids on my big screen.

• The Samsung app saying coming soon is gone now . I guess they don't want Samsung users money…

• I hope they come back with it. I just purchased a new Saumsung TV and the NetFlix player works better than the app on my xbox, also Crunchyroll and Manga Corp have Samsung apps as well. If they came out with one I wouldn't need to use my xbox at all.

• I'm waiting on one also . I won't get a paid membership until they do . I have Crunchyroll right now on my blu-ray player (not in HD , blah) . The "Coming Soon " sign has been missing for months now .

• I just bought my Samsung TV 4 days ago. I got a 55 inch, curved, 4k, smart tv. Please work on bringing back the Funimation app. I'm sick of having to watch it using my Xbox 360. The 360 heats up very fast and it's so loud compared to my tv which is silent. If you fix your Funimation app, I'll be sure to keep subscribing. At this rate though I'm not too sure.

• @alesana2:

I just bought my Samsung TV 4 days ago. I got a 55 inch, curved, 4k, smart tv. Please work on bringing back the Funimation app. I'm sick of having to watch it using my Xbox 360. The 360 heats up very fast and it's so loud compared to my tv which is silent.

Have you considered investing a small amount of money in a Roku, which Funimation does currently support? I have yet to see any Smart TV (aside from the few that have Roku built-in) offer as many video apps as the Roku, and like your TV, it is silent.

• I was unaware that Roku suports funimation, knowing that I will probably buy one. The Roku isn't expensive at all, and that would be so much nicer than having to sign in on the Xbox app whenever I want to watch something. Thank you for the info TheAncientOne.

• @TheAncientOne:

Have you considered investing a small amount of money in a Roku, which Funimation does currently support? I have yet to see any Smart TV (aside from the few that have Roku built-in) offer as many video apps as the Roku, and like your TV, it is silent.

I was unaware that Roku supported Funimation. Roku is very inexpensive and now that I know that, I will most likely invest in one. Thank you for the info TheAncientOne.

• So I was under the impression that the Roku client did not tie in to the Queue view to select your titles. I was wondering if there would be any additional announcements soon as Funimation is the last app that I'm waiting for to be able to ditch my XBox… Netflix, Amazon, Crunchyroll, even Manga Corps all have Samsung apps.

• The Roku app does not have a queue and is limited to 1.5Mbit 720p streams for HD. It still looks great and runs near flawlessly on my Roku Streaming Stick.
    I recommend the Roku Streaming Stick for a cheap semi-portable solution to watch stuff vs. anything else so far.

for Samsung TVs, even if FUNimation put out a new app, people who also have Crunchyroll will avoid the Samsung apps as the TV version of the Crunchyroll app is 480p from what I have observed.

for a while, this put me off on getting a Roku even, but I got one as soon as Crunchyroll rolled out it's 2.0 app with HD support.
    It is really nice to be able to go anywhere and know I have access to Netflix, Crunchyroll, and FUNimation all in HD just by carrying the stick and usb cable in my pocket.

• I have seen a ton of posts from 2014, stating no app for Samsung smart tv. It is 2015 any news about bringing app back ?

• @linux2go:

The Roku app does not have a queue and is limited to 1.5Mbit 720p streams for HD. It still looks great and runs near flawlessly on my Roku Streaming Stick.

The FUNimation Roku Channel does have a Queue.

@raygillis:

I have seen a ton of posts from 2014, stating no app for Samsung smart tv. It is 2015 any news about bringing app back ?

No updates on this, I'm afraid.