Is there anyway you could continue the fullmetal alchemist brotherhood series??

• hey, just wanted to know if FUNimation would ever consider doing more fullmetal alchemist brotherhood because I really enjoyed it and was gutted when I knew it wouldn't continue… I know i'm asking a lot but it was really great.

thanks, ffion. x

• Uh, sorry guy, but Funimation doesn't make the anime, they only dub and distribute it; they have no clout or control over how long a series is.

Lastly, the ending to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is done, completely done and perfect just as is, the manga is done as well, so there’s really no need for anymore; if you want a show that goes forever, I hear One Piece is pretty good.

• Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, Funimation does not make anime, they only license series for North American distribution. And in the case of Fullmetal Alchemist, there isn't really anything left to adapt. Brotherhood covered the manga in full, and both the manga and anime ended in 2010. The author has moved on to her new series, Silver Spoon, and is also working on some other projects I believe, and Bones has new projects that they are working on.

• reads ops post

…....................

• I don't know what you could possibly hope to add to it. It ended completely and definitively, so I don't know why you'd want to see another season of them bumbling around without anything to do but rebuild their burned down house and then sit in said house until they grow old and die

• I'm beginning to see why you think there is a troll present, although if the OP is real, please go back and re-watch the show again. Endings happen, some are good and some are bad…. this one wasn't so bad. Move on to the next one and enjoy the ride.

• OMGerd Youz guys is sooo mean!!

haha… naw.. jk jk.. ^_^

I just read like the first 6 pages of the "Dont Ask For New seasons.." thread and then I saw this and kinda laughed a little.

Yeah sorry dude FUNi isnt gonna help you with new FMA Brotherhood... sorry.. :/

• @Rat005:

I just read like the first 6 pages of the "Dont Ask For New seasons.." thread and then I saw this and kinda laughed a little.

Oh, then you must've read the watered-down "friendly" version. The one I typed up at first was WAAAAAY harsher. XD

But yeah, even out of all of FUNi's shows, I really don't see why people would need another season of FMA. Unlike Sekirei or R+V, there actually is a concrete, definitive conclusion. I suppose Bones could make more non-canon films if they wanted, but let the TV series be done with, for cryin' out loud.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Read the sticky, please:

http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?1061-Do-NOT-Ask-For-Future-Seasons-of-Anime

So when is the next season of full metal alchemist coming out?

• @massive_weab:

So when is the next season of full metal alchemist coming out?

Whenever Hiromu Arakawa runs out of money and ideas.

So never. :P

• I seem to recall reading somewhere that Arakawa once said if she were ever to write another story set in the Fullmetal Alchemist universe, it would show Roy Mustang finally becoming fuhrer. Naturally, I can't relocate the source for that statement now, so it might just have been random internet nonsense. :)

Given its popularity, I don't think it's impossible, or even improbable, that an addition to the Fullmetal Alchemist series will eventually come out -more likely in the form of an anniversary special of some kind. Personally, I'd like to see what happens to

! the surviving homunculus, Pride/Selim Bradley a few years later on in his life. Having stories set in the countries that neighbor Amestris, like Drachma, would also be fun.

But for the most part, Arakawa did a perfectly fine job wrapping up her magnum opus. I have no qualms with the way it ended. Heck, we even have an entirely separate story that uses the same characters in the form of the first anime to enjoy. Add to that the two movies and the OVA collections, and we Fullmetal Alchemist fans look quite pampered overall.

• Ok first off there is something that could be done. At the ending of ep 64 al and ed go there own ways yo learn from different countries. I believe they could at least clear some things up for us. Like does Mustang become furhuer. Does ed Mary windfry, or maybe they could focus on a nether character but still be in that universe.

• @theonlyhaz:

Ok first off there is something that could be done. At the ending of ep 64 al and ed go there own ways yo learn from different countries. I believe they could at least clear some things up for us. Like does Mustang become furhuer. Does ed Mary windfry, or maybe they could focus on a nether character but still be in that universe.

This picture will answer your second question:

!

• Yeah, if you watched through the credits of the final episode of FMA: B, you get a lot of those answers.

• Good News! I'm actually making more seasons myself in the basement of my mom's house on the weekends. Once I'm done coloring them in, I have it on good authority that Funimation is going to dub them stereo. If all goes well i'll start posting new episodes on MySpace soon, with VHS releases just a few weeks after.

• ^ Will the OST also be available on 8-track or cassette?

• Minidisc, with a limited edition iron-on patch

• @SpacemanHardy:

Unlike Sekirei or R+V, there actually is a concrete, definitive conclusion.

Totally unrelated to the topic of this thread but, speaking of Sekirei, any news on a possible 3rd season? Really like that show. Reminds me a lot of KuroKami, another good show Funi should consider obtaining if at all possible for streaming cough, cough wink, wink :)

• @vash_sama:

Totally unrelated to the topic of this thread but, speaking of Sekirei, any news on a possible 3rd season?

No. -_-

Really like that show. Reminds me a lot of KuroKami, another good show Funi should consider obtaining if at all possible for streaming cough, cough wink, wink :)

Sentai Filmworks already have it.

• on the bright side (speaking of Seikirei) the anime followed the manga, so if you were to seek out fan translations (never was printed in english) you could literally pick up where the anime ended. i forget which volume it was though you want to start at.

R+V on the other hand, deviated considerably from the manga, and was basically a reversioned 1st 6 volumes with bits of the next 3-4, then it was all way the hell amazing and different. i recommend reading it, though i'll warn you, then end is somehow both very satisfying and frustrating :P