Comment Section for Videos

• I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but since the first page of the forum doesn't have a topic related to this I thought I might as well bring it up.

As you can probably guess from the title of the post, I would like to suggest a comment section on episode pages. FUNimation is one of the few sites I use that doesn't seem to have a comment system. I'm not sure how the FUNimation community is but I'm assuming not everyone here are the kinds of people you'd find on YouTube that would spam "First!" or something on all the videos.

It'd just be nice to be able to talk about the episode with other people every now and again (with a spoiler tag of course). You can use the comment system of YouTube or Crunchyroll as an example. The site just kind of feels a little bit empty and whatnot without one. Heck, I'll even take one of those chat box things that some anime streaming fan-sites use. :s

TLDR; can I haz comment section plz? :D

• Agree with this 100%. People like to talk about what they've just seen and speculate on what's going to happen next. This is a BIG feature that is missing on this site. Not sure if you've noticed, but social media is making tons of money nowadays. I know you're trying not to be a copycat of competitors, but this feature makes people feel more involved and keeps them coming….

• Besides, the forums, which are the obvious alternative, seem to be sorely lacking in specific topics to be talking about a lot of anime, especially the newer titles.

• I'd rather it not be implemented. All comments do for videos is invite spoilers and arguments

• Not normally from my experience. Sorry for bringing up a competitor, but CR has a method that self moderates and it works really well. Up and down votes, too many down votes and it gets hidden.

Besides, most understand that you don't read the comments before watching an episode, not too hard. As for the manga readers spoiling future episodes, that gets clamped down on pretty hard early. I really haven't seen many arguments….

• Comments were dropped in favor of launching sooner, and so will be implemented later. You will have the ability to hide the entire section if you don't want to participate or risk spoilers. I prefer a quiet experience myself free of spoilers and speculation. However, I totally understand the desire to discuss. :D

Thank you for the suggestion.