Streamed Anime Results

• There's something that I'm curious about.

What specifically counts as a watched episode of a subbed anime being streamed?

Is it when someone watches the whole video, a certain percentage of it, a few seconds, just clicks the "play" button, or is it something else? Or is it a secret altogether?

I ask this because of a sub's streaming results in relation to the decision to dub said streamed anime.

• I always thought it be cool if Funimation had a charts telling how well each series was doing. Which ones are watched on stream more and which one people buy up more. I think it be interesting to know.

• @MrManInATie:

There's something that I'm curious about.

What specifically counts as a watched episode of a subbed anime being streamed?

Is it when someone watches the whole video, a certain percentage of it, a few seconds, just clicks the "play" button, or is it something else? Or is it a secret altogether?

I ask this because of a sub's streaming results in relation to the decision to dub said streamed anime.

I would guess it's a certain percentage. I think the standard is somewhere around 70% or more watched.

@dark_chaos: You're not the only one. However, revealing that information could impact negotiations by giving the Japanese rights holder an upper hand on the most popular series.

• @EyeOfPain:

I would guess it's a certain percentage. I think the standard is somewhere around 70% or more watched.

Thanks for the information, even if it isn't for certain.