Ladies vs. Butlers!

• Via ANN

Genres: comedy, romance
    Themes: butlers, ecchi, fan-service, harem, maids, school life
    Objectionable content: Intense

SYNOPSIS: Hino Akiharu lost his parents when he was young, and was adopted into his uncle's family. When he noticed that his uncle is after his inheritance, he decides to enter the Hakureiryou boarding school. Akiharu is placed on the school's new servant training department, where students are taught to be maids or butlers. However, his delinquent appearance frightens the girls, who make up the majority of the students.

Unable to get along with his classmates, Akiharu meets his childhood girlfriend Saikyou Tomomi and finds himself stuck in the middle of the school's bickering cliques!

Source ANN

North American distributor Media Blasters announced on Thursday that it has licensed the Ladies versus Butlers! television anime series. Media Blasters noted it plans to release the show on home video in January.

Source Facebook

Now as far as dubs go we decided to dub Lady Vs. Butlers and promise more to come in the future on a title by title basis.

• A good series. Kinda surpised whenI see MB say they'd not release it but DUB it too. Can't wait to get it. :)

• I had fun watching this show, however, I’m a little bummed Media Blasters has it; that means it should be dubbed and out on bluray in about, two, maybe three years. Even if they do have a release date, the rule to go by is add at least a year to that date.

But yeah, it was a pretty good show.

• @neonwalrus:

I had fun watching this show, however, I’m a little bummed Media Blasters has it; that means it should be dubbed and out on bluray in about, two, maybe three years. Even if they do have a release date, the rule to go by is add at least a year to that date.

But yeah, it was a pretty good show.

I think you need to reread It will have an English dub

• He meant Media Blasters constantly has delays so it'll be a pretty long time until the dub sees light of day

I did not like this show. It was bad and had no point other than an experiment to see how big boobs can be drawn

• @Chrisc:

I don't think that's what neonwalrus was saying. Rather, so few of Media Blasters scheduled release dates have actually been met in the past couple years, that's it's nearly impossible to guess when one of their releases will actually street and be available.

• @Chrisc:

I was actually poking fun at how long Media Blasters take to release their materials; I'm sure there will be an English dub.

• Via Rightstuf

Ladies Versus Butlers DVD Complete Collection (S)

Date Available - Feb 25 2014

Special Features: Lady vs Battle Omake.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.

Media Blasters said this will be dubbed so its a typo unless an announcement is made

• So it will be dubbed hmm. I was thinking of maybe getting it. I don't like subs but was maybe going to to pick it up since it was so cheap. I will have to read more up on if it dubbed or subbed.

• Well to a somewhat suprise MB actually did NOT dub Ladies VS Butlers. http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/WPtbBwUfEd6pol9Jgg/browse/item/100520/4/0/0 Normally I'd be really dissapointed but the last few dubs I've gotten to listen to from them I haven't particularly liked all that much. But it looks like they lied on their FB. Or maybe the RS doesn't have the right info.

• I got Kanokon from them, I loved the series but a lot of the talking was off and sometimes they said the wrong thing. I mean very noticeably the wrong thing. I hope if they dub this, it done better.

• @dark_chaos:

I got Kanokon from them, I loved the series but a lot of the talking was off and sometimes they said the wrong thing. I mean very noticeably the wrong thing. I hope if they dub this, it done better.

IMO the Kanokon Dub was just horrible. Voices didn't fit the characters right, as you said some things were not said right and just overall was not a good dub. Its one of the few shows that I prefer to watch sub simple cause the dub is so bad.

• @Dragon0:

IMO the Kanokon Dub was just horrible. Voices didn't fit the characters right, as you said some things were not said right and just overall was not a good dub. Its one of the few shows that I prefer to watch sub simple cause the dub is so bad.

The reason why Kanokon's dub is so bad is because it was dubbed at Arvintel Media Productions, an LA-based recording studio and basically The Asylum of anime voice acting, which also dubbed Eiken, Ah My Buddha and Green Green (also abysmal dubs). Arvintel is known for being probably the cheapest dub studio in North America (Media Blasters happens to be the only known company to use it even though they could just outsource to Bang Zoom! because apparently it's too expensive for them), and have the (total lack of) quality to back them up. The reason why their dubs are so bad is because it seems like they give their actors only one take per line, and if the actor didn't quite get it, oh well (It's explained by its owner, Ruben Arvizu, who is a voice actor from Mexico, and he says he always tried to apply any voice acting traditions used normally in Mexico, regardless if they are effective in non-Latin-American VAs. (obviously he diosn't realize that IT DOESN'T WORK HERE IN THE STATES AND CANADA!)). Arvintel's dubs are so bad that they make 4Kids' dub of One Piece sound professional by comparison and pretty much serve as an insult to whoever VAs appeared on their dubs (the worst part about it is that it's where Bryce Papenbrook used to do VAing until he broke himself out of the VA scrappy heap when he began doing much better dubs towards the 2010s with Blue Exorcist and SAO, as well as that many of the VAs used (which reside in California) are normally good). For all of the above, Arvintel needs to stay away from making any more dubs, because they're frankly so abysmal that the art of voice acting, Hollywood, and the anime industry need to file a restraining order. Pray Arvintel goes out of business and Arvizu packs up his bags and heads back home south of the border.

• Explains alot right there. Kina why I wish they'd just stop, not that I'd want to see anouther comp go under, or go sub only. Thats better than nothin and in this case better than them dubbing anything.

• @Domayv:

The reason why Kanokon's dub is because it was dubbed at Arvintel Media Productions, an LA-based recording studio and basically The Asylum of anime voice acting, which also dubbed Eiken, Ah My Buddha and Green Green (also abysmal dubs).

wow… other than Eiken i own all of those (they were cheap and gave them a shot... and found out why they were cheap) and in general they are the worst purchases i have ever made. It's nice to know what studio to avoid now. (though in general the material wasn't the greatest, especially green green)

• I disagree with all the negative comments to Media Blasters, If they were not around all the animes they licensed in north America, never would have. As far as dubs go on some of there animes, at least there is one It beats listening to a language you don't know. Also Media Blasters prices beat any other anime studio, look at "NIS America" if you want to bitch.

• @Chrisc:

I disagree with all the negative comments to Media Blasters, If they were not around all the animes they licensed in north America, never would have. As far as dubs go on some of there animes, at least there is one It beats listening to a language you don't know. Also Media Blasters prices beat any other anime studio, look at "NIS America" if you want to bitch.

I don’t have too much of an issue with Media Blasters; they did manage to get the original Queen’s Blade series with a pretty good dub out after all, so my hat goes off to them in that respect.

However, shows like Green Green, while I didn’t like it too much to begin with, had a pretty poor dub on them. But more importantly; Media Blasters do seem to struggle to get their releases out on time and from my experience, have delayed some of their shows up to a few months. You have to agree with me there.

While this may come off negative; it’s more of a criticism, especially when you compare Media Blasters to Funimation, Sentai, Viz and Aniplex of America in regards to meeting their release dates. Honestly, other than that, I really don’t have anything in particular against them.

• AS far as pricing yes. NIS and Sentai for that matter with their Sub only sets are rather expensive. NISA more so. MB definetly has cheaper prices which is nice but that also come with a 2nd price you get what you pay or too. I haven't heard the dub on Queens Blade so I can't say much on how the dub sounds. Though it is one I would like to get at some point. And since RS convinetly has a sale starting I may just get it. But overall MB isn't realy a company I like to go to since quality isn't usualy too good with them. Not like its gunna stop me form buying anything they get that I happened to like though.

• @Dragon0:

AS far as pricing yes. NIS and Sentai for that matter with their Sub only sets are rather expensive.

That’s one issue I have with Sentai’s sets regardless whether they’re subbed or dubbed; on rightstuf they tend to exceed Funimation’s prices by around $12 for 12 episodes. Of course, there are exceptions; I pre-ordered Queen’s Blade Rebellion the moment it was announced in the spring so I paid $38 for it, more than well worth it, a great buy. However, if a person chooses to go to a retail outlet like HMV they could be paying way more.

@Dragon0:

I haven't heard the dub on Queens Blade so I can't say much on how the dub sounds. Though it is one I would like to get at some point.

I would say the dub of the first Queen’s Blade series is more or less on par with Funimation’s quality; which caught me by surprise mind you because I was really expecting that I was going to have to watch it subbed when I got it on Blu-ray but I tried to English dub in the first episode and was unexpectedly pleased with it.

Which reminds me; I don’t how, but I completely forgot to mention Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit as another great Media Blasters title that also has an amazing English dub on it. I’m quite glad I purchased this series on Blu-ray as well.

Both the Queen’s Blade and Moribito have a nice helping of special features; interviews, anime-con footage and some other neat stuff. So, even though the cases they came in are generic, that’s made up for with great special features, cover art, competitive pricing and the quality of the shows themselves.

• I'm only bad mouthing the recording studio not MB (other than for poor judgment for using the studio)

As for their problems otherwise and what might relate to the confusion with whether this show is to be sub dub or otherwise there was a blurb in Answerman on AN recently about MB and all the issues they have been having: http://beta.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2013-11-08

• Why isn't Kanokon on funimation?