Are they going to do anything with this franchise or what?

• Seriously they got the rights since July 2013 and yet they haven't done anything with it. No stream, no re-release, nothing. Not even a single update since the announcement. What was even the point of acquiring the rights if they aren't gonna do anything with it? Seriously what the hell is going on here?

• well, chances are, they haven't gotten any of the materials they need to work on the show from Japan.

• @zetsuei380:

Seriously they got the rights since July 2013 and yet they haven't done anything with it. No stream, no re-release, nothing. Not even a single update since the announcement. What was even the point of acquiring the rights if they aren't gonna do anything with it? Seriously what the hell is going on here?

You know that license recuses can take over a year to be released after the first announcement, case is point Tenjho Tenge. Announced on 2013-02-01, release date set for May 27th 2014.

• @Getchman:

well, chances are, they haven't gotten any of the materials they need to work on the show from Japan.

You think they'd get the original masters? I'd just assume they'd work with whatever Bandai Ent. gives them but I can't say I know how it all works when bringing a show over or in this case re-issuing a show. I'm kind of interested to know if they'll keep the Isolated Music tracks that the Bandai DVDs had and if they'll go back and translate the titles and credits, which Bandai didn't do. Well happy Funimation is going to reissue the .hack franchises. I know folks who'd like to get them but old DVDs are expensive now.

• @shadowalex:

You think they'd get the original masters?

That's how it works. ~_^

• Hoping that FUNimation at least releases the subbed versions on EVS, as the only viable alternative is watching pirated copies on less than desirable sites. I'd much rather give FUNi the money for: (1) EVS subscription, (2) FUNimation channel subscription on U-verse, and (3) Pre-ordering the DVDs. Granted, I already pay for the first two, but adding more of the .Hack series would be extra incentive to maintain my subscriptions. ~_^

• If anything interests me in this acquisition it'd be the possible release of the 3D Animated Motion Picture: ".Hack//The Movie" I believe it was a 2012 release… Anyways, I already had the full release of the entire series from .Hack//Sign, .Hack//Infection-Quarentine (by which came with Liminality), .Hack//Twilight, and .Hack//Roots...

It seems to me that Bandai's licenses are finally being grabbed.
    -I wonder if any of the ones that they "Acquire" will ever see DUBS:

****"Hayate the Combat Butler" (Seasons 1, 2, the movie, and the two spinoff series) -- I was SUPER upset with Bandai, since I learned that Animax Asia was able to release the first 2 Seasons (70+ Episodes) in Dubbed English. -- I ended up finding it on an Indian Website, but very scratchy audio.
    Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens...
    --Wasn't really in love with these, but:
    Haruhi Suzumiya
    Lucky Star

-.0 _(I could be hoping for too much)

• @falconeml:

Hoping that FUNimation at least releases the subbed versions on EVS, as the only viable alternative is watching pirated copies on less than desirable sites. I'd much rather give FUNi the money for: (1) EVS subscription, (2) FUNimation channel subscription on U-verse, and (3) Pre-ordering the DVDs. Granted, I already pay for the first two, but adding more of the .Hack series would be extra incentive to maintain my subscriptions. ~_^

I would guess that they plan on parsing out the release's of the rescue properties over time (possibly using them to fill any gaps in their release calendar of their original dubs) and they will probably go by which properties they think are in highest demand such as first one out was Eureka Seven and i would guess that probably the next ones will probably be either Code Geass or Cowboy Bebop.

.hack has a decent following but its not quite as big as some of the other rescues so it's probably not going to get priority.

Of course it doesn't matter to me personally when they rerelease them since i have all the series and in their nice and snazy CE box's which came with a bunch of swag. My only hopes are that maybe they might dub the .hackGU trilogy movie and, like nick, I dream of them acquiring and dubing the 3d movie… both are probably unlikely but hey you can always hope