General Anime/Manga/Video Game Merchandise Thread

• It was brought up a while ago when some of us were talking about the Fire Emblem Awakening keychains that will be coming out at the end of this month, but a thread like this never got made so I guess it's time to fix that.

Come here to talk about figures, CDs, keychains, plushies, art books, and other collectible goods related to anime, manga, and video games!

I only just recently caught the figure bug, last October actually, and I've already started building a small collection. It's mostly Nendoroids and figmas at the moment, and likely will remain that way mostly because I like how cute Nendos are and figmas are truly a ton of fun (not to mention they're cheaper than scales), but I do have 3 scaled figures currently on order and the recent Wonder Festival gave me some things to look forward to (Union Creative's Levi, Sentinel's Hange, Max Factory's Cordelia). I've also been very heavily tempted by Medicom's Levi RAH, but it's so expensive I'm having a hard time justifying it, even as a Christmas present and despite my fondness for his character. Thankfully pre-orders haven't started yet so I still have time to think it over.

Anywho, I'm already running out of space. I've got manga and anime packed in boxes and in drawers to make room for my growing figure collection and it's still not good enough, and those boxes are just eating up space. I've had to revise my wishlist several times now to narrow it down to things that I'd really really want. I've made a couple of "I like the character design" purchases, in the form of my Asuna and Black Rock Shooter figmas, and while I don't regret them at all, I can't afford (both in terms of space and money) to make very many more of them.

Right now I'm waiting for the trio of Steins;Gate figmas to arrive, and I got my hands on a January-batch Mikasa Ackerman figma thanks to Terraformer on Rakuten (I think she's coming with the GSC exclusive di:stage based on the product description, but I'm not 100% sure) and she should be here soon as well. I'm hoping that US shops get Sentinel's Levi in by the beginning of March because I can't wait to see what he looks like in person. From what everyone's been saying, the photos simply aren't doing the figure justice. I'm also waiting for Nendoroid Mayoi Hachikuji to arrive in US stores, but she came out in the middle of January so it hopefully won't be that much longer.

I've also been adding to my collection of OSTs, opening/ending singles, and art books, but books are so expensive to have shipped from Japan that I'm not buying too many. I'm planning on completing the set of animation art books for Attack on Titan, but I think I'll have to put that part of my collecting on hold for a while.

So what do you like to collect when it comes to anime merchandise?

• @Firefly:

I'm already running out of space. I've got manga and anime packed in boxes and in drawers to make room for my growing figure collection and it's still not good enough, and those boxes are just eating up space.

Pretty much one of the main reasons I've really cut back on the figures I decide to buy. Space for nendoroids I usually don't consider, but scale figures and even figmas tend to easily eat up display space. For what I have on preorder at the moment: there's the Tomoko Kuroki nendo, a Lineage 2 Kamael figure (never actually played Lineage 2, but stick some wings [or in this case a wing] on someone and it'll at least gain my interest), the Charlotte Dunois Figuarts ZERO figure (this one was something of an impulse buy, but its relatively low-priced and given how quickly Charlotte figures tend to sellout I try not to hesitate when one comes up), and finally the Beach Queens Yukari Akiyama. Oh, and also, if you count it (and I will), the Rachel Alucard nendo petite which should come with the BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma limited edition.

@Firefly:

and art books, but books are so expensive to have shipped from Japan that I'm not buying too many.

Do have an artbook or two on preorder. Udon's growing library of translated art/source books is great, but also making me ever more hesitate to import books. There have already been several instances where I've imported a book to only have Udon eventually release a localized edition. Thinking of what I could have saved in shipping costs is something of a punch to the gut :/

As far as other various merchandise, can't think of anything I'm planning to get or particularly looking forward to at the moment. Am always somewhat on the lookout for dakimakura covers or an oppai mousepad simply because I don't have either, but both are pretty low priority.

• I accumulated some figures, wall scrolls and some other cool stuff over the years, and, if I can get motived to reorganize my storage area and dig up a lot of my old stuff, I might just take pictures and post them.

I would like to add, I like it when Anime Sets include cool little collectibles and such; I understand the show is the main priority, but it really sweetens the deal.

• I remember we had a thread like this in the old forum (Hi by the way, I didn't realize the new forum was up) showing off members collections of Anime/Manga related goodies. On topic though I've been building my collection of Scaled figures (still got 5/6 more on preorder…dam you Strike Witches for having so many characters >_<) and I'm currently at 20 in a single display case. Up until I bought the case I still had them in boxes dotted around as I didn't want them out due to dusting being an absolute nightmare.

I'll warn you though once you get into buying/preordering figurines it soon becomes overwhelming, more so if you have a problem with buying things that match or are part of a set like me where I have to try and complete it.

I'm also building up a healthy Manga collection as its the only thing I can do to get 30mins break from people at work (people will ask for help knowing dam well i'm on my lunch) as they tend to leave me alone if my head is in a book :). Anime is slowing down a bit as I'm waiting for more series and films that spark my interest being released in the UK but still takes up a shelf and a half.

Here's my collection at the moment.

• @Megabiv:

On topic though I've been building my collection of Scaled figures (still got 5/6 more on preorder…dam you Strike Witches for having so many characters >_<)

! "I thought I heard something blasphemous just now…"

All kidding aside, yeah - they're really eating our wallets alive, aren't they? From Alter, there's still Perrine, Francesca and Lynne to complete the 501st. But I was really excited when I saw they were making Heidi. Easily getting her, too. And of course there's the Strike Witches manga that Seven Seas has licensed, and the latest Strike Witches and World Witches art books by Humikane coming out next month. Oh yeah, and a t-shirt with Sakamoto's most famous quote on pre-order as well. ^_^

As far as my non-Strike Witches goods go, I have figures of Homura, Nagato, Nadeko, Saber, and Mio. I also have the Tomoko nendoroid nearly ready to be shipped. Kazumi Magica, Nagato Yuki-chan and WataMote are starting to fill up my shelf as far as manga goes (which will soon be joined by Maidens in the Sky.) My anime collection has grown nicely over the last year, but as of now I don't plan on buying anything else except the Spice & Wolf Anime Classics.

• Well I did end up deciding to take my first step into the RAH world and put in an order for Levi. I kind of want to get Homura too before she's gone, and my b-day's coming up…. There are just so few RAH reviews and pictures on MFC it's hard for me to get a good idea of what they're like.

I got hit with my first AmiAmi delay notice last week too, though not for a figure. The Fire Emblem keychains were pushed back to March.

@Kam2013:

Pretty much one of the main reasons I've really cut back on the figures I decide to buy. Space for nendoroids I usually don't consider, but scale figures and even figmas tend to easily eat up display space.

figmas themselves aren't terribly big but their stands are made in such a way that they do take up more space than they should. There are a couple that I could pose without the stand but then I worry about them tipping over randomly or from somebody bumping into the shelf by accident. Nendoroids are so easy to find places for because, yeah, they're small. I've got them set up all over the place.

But man, those boxes. I'm looking at pics of Snow Miku 2014's box and it's huge. Gorgeous but huge. Sometimes even more than the figures themselves I like looking at pictures of boxes and loots. It's hard to imagine where people find space to keep everything while having such huge collections.

@neonwalrus:

I would like to add, I like it when Anime Sets include cool little collectibles and such; I understand the show is the main priority, but it really sweetens the deal.

Yeah, I love it when sets come with little bonuses. OSTs and art books (or booklets) are my favorite bonuses and sometimes if I'm not already sold on buying a show the inclusion of extras like that can end up pushing me into making the purchase.

@Megabiv:

I'll warn you though once you get into buying/preordering figurines it soon becomes overwhelming, more so if you have a problem with buying things that match or are part of a set like me where I have to try and complete it.

For me, I'm only trying to complete the Titan figma line at the moment (bought Eren and Armin to complete the main trio, kinda felt like a must) but even with those there are only a few characters left (Hanji, Annie, Petra, Erwin, Jean, Sasha) that I would absolutely have to buy provided Max Factory decides to continue with the line so others would be easy enough to pass over. I'm surprised at how content I am with just my Homura Nendoroid since normally I do have something of a completionist mindset. I have no real desire to get the other girls. I think the figmas would be more tempting to complete the set but they recently shot up in price. My Monogatari set is also going to be left incomplete but I'm okay with that as well.

So anyway….

Any favorite figures? Anything that you're really excited about this year? Any annoying delays?

• I had a big surprise waiting for me at the mailbox today. My copy of the Psycho-Pass premium set came in from rightstuf, and the last of the figures I bought for my birthday a couple weeks ago. The Psycho-Pass set is really neat, and I love the box art. I'll probably use the key chain.

The Misaka fig might be my new favorite. The sculpt is cute and it wasn't a pain in the neck to put together like Kurisu. I might have to buy an actual display case soon, I'm running outta room for this stuff

Edit: I also got this Fate/Zero beanie cuz it's been snowing like hell this winter.