Should Funimation Pick up the Original Neon Genesis Evangelion and movies?

• I know the rebuild movies are everything an Eva fan could really ask for, a remake with a budget, but there's a lot that's special to the original series, and I know that I for one would buy the show just so I could show all my friends. It's a great series, and since Funimation already has the rebuild movies, wouldn't it make sense for them to get the original series out there too. Not to mention the End of Evangelion movie. They're very hard to come by and are pretty much collectors items at this point, so if Funimation picked up the license and sold the show for even $50 I'm sure it'd get a ton of attention. I know they recently got Eureka Seven re-licensed, so why not Eva too? Anyone else interested in getting their hands on the original series? A remastered blu-ray could probably go a long way too.

• According to Madman Entertainment, no one can license the series or the previous movies until at the very earliest after the final renewal movie is released.

• Since Eva 4.0 might be released in 2015, Hideaki Anno might release NGE on Blu-Ray sometime of that year (since the story took place in 2015 and it will be the series 20th Anniversary.)

• Okay, maybe I'm a little clueless here, but why are they so worried about these movies when all they're going to do is release the series yet again on Blu-Ray? What is the importance of these movies? I don't understand.

• @reionpremente:

Okay, maybe I'm a little clueless here, but why are they so worried about these movies when all they're going to do is release the series yet again on Blu-Ray? What is the importance of these movies? I don't understand.

I think it's that they've already started something and want to finish it before getting sidetracked with another project. The 3.33 dub has been particularly difficult for Funi.

I would absolutely love to see a new Evangelion dub with a better translation and voice acting. That's, like, my wet dream. But if Funi isn't going to redub the series, there is literally no reason for them to pick it up. They'd just be reselling something that has already been available for decades, and I sure as heck wouldn't buy it.

• I think that FUNimation is keeping the licensing thing a secret with Khara. Just my opinion.