Will Haganai NEXT be dubbed soon?

• Does anyone know when the second season of Haganai will be dubbed? I've been looking forward to it since I watched the dub of season 1.

• I hope so. I don't normally go SUB if there's a DUB but I HAD to for this. I want to share the dubbed love with some people who can't read subs on TV.

• I'm in the can't wait for this to be dubbed boat as well. Loved the first season and found out there was a second that wasn't dubbed lol.
    However I can give funimation their time since they have much to dub. Voice actors can't dub in their sleep ya know lol.

• I hope that they can put this one up as a priority myself really liked it a lot

• I don't believe FUNimation have yet confirmed they even actually have home video rights to Haganai Next.

• I would be surprised if they didn't secure the home video rights since they have the streaming rights, but who knows? I know I voiced my interest in a season 2 by buying season 1, though! wink wink

• having streaming rights doesn't automatically mean they will get home video rights

• It's not preventing me from watching the season 2 subs but I like the voices for the characters better in the dub. So I'll also be happy to see them dubbed for season 2.

• the season 2 dub I think will be in late 2013 or early 2014 can't wait for the dub I am almost finished with season 2

• Dunno…I prefer watching Anime in the original language...I've gotten to the point where I cannot watch dubbed after watching in Japanese...the translations at times aren't even close to the original dialog...and the voices don't "match" the characters a lot of the time either...

...I'm just waiting for the BD of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: NEXT...

• @FiverOtaku:

Dunno…I prefer watching Anime in the original language...I've gotten to the point where I cannot watch dubbed after watching in Japanese...the translations at times aren't even close to the original dialog...and the voices don't "match" the characters a lot of the time either...

If you aren't fluent in Japanese than you don't know what the "original dialog" is. I prefer dubs because they "make" a character whereas the modern Japanese voice actors just play out a stereotype: every tsundere is played the same in Japanese, for example, and I find this extremely grating as every show thus "features the same characters", with only the story setting them apart. Modern Japanese dubs also tend to be much to melodramatic for me; overacting is bad acting.

I couldn't watch this subbed as Yozura was played as nothing but a heartless, "toxic witch" by her seiyu, cutting out the intricacies of her char (ie:why she acts like a jerk all the time) and thus making the revelations about her character seem forced and awkward instead of fluid and natural. The seiyu for Sena couldn't handle the "dichotomy" of the character, she flubbed the "cocky and arrogant but collapses when pressed" routine.

Though the dub had its flaws, chief among them is not casting Monica Rial as Sister Maria. After Index (which had the same dub director), this should have been obvious.

• I cannot claim Japanese fluency greater than conversational (for the most part) and tend to keep a dictionary at hand when watching Anime and J-Drama…

BUT...being a continual (and eternal) student of Nihongo...Anime is one of the things which keeps my brain thinking in Japanese...so I don't have subs on and tend to ignore dubs completely...I usually have to wait for the "Localized" releases of Anime DVD and Blu-Ray for any series (anyone who's shopped for original releases knows how freaking expensive they are in Japan...yet Amazon.co.jp still gets far too much of my money every month)...there are many series which I end up biting the bullet and buying from over there (like anime and drama which are never licensed here)...

I realize the seiyuu aren't perfect...and I didn't realize how far off some translations are until I had learned enough to enjoy them in "original dialog"...and enough to know a few things (ok...a whole lotta things) do not translate well, if at all...but I do not agree with the assessment of the intricacies of characters being removed by the original seiyuu...

• Can't wait for season 2 dub myself. Prefer dub if I have a choice, find I need to pause/rewind sub episodes for fear of missing something. There you are enjoying your story and if overtalking occurs you're reading a bunch of dialogue and bound to miss something. Doesn't stop the sub watching mind you! Good thing I'm so tuff.

• @FiverOtaku:

Dunno…I prefer watching Anime in the original language...I've gotten to the point where I cannot watch dubbed after watching in Japanese...the translations at times aren't even close to the original dialog...and the voices don't "match" the characters a lot of the time either...

Any script done by Jamie Marchi is better than the original anyways! Come on dub of season 2!

• I'm pretty sure they will, it's a pretty good series.. Good thing, I forget the full episodes so I can watch them each and every day in dub over and over again.

• @Whiteiswong:

Any script done by Jamie Marchi is better than the original anyways! Come on dub of season 2!

Well, I can think of one exception to that…but it is "true enough" lol.

More importantly, Alexis Tipton is worlds above her Japanese counterpart as Rika. She was good, but Tipton blew her away. I cannot watch the subbed version now that I know the greatness of Rika in English. I'd be ripping myself off. :)

• I watched series 1 in dub and it was great couldn't Stand the subs so im just gonna wait till the second series is dubbed and watch something else in the meantime. Hopefully it will be sometime this year. Glad to see other dub fans.

• Please get the DUB done soon really want to watch the rest.

• I agree. Dubbed is way better than sub. It's just so boring having to read the story line and watch the show at the same time. I must say that the English cast is way better. COME ON SEASON 2 DUBBED :)

• Wow, Funi has announced this for May. It'll probably be delayed longer-delays are a "rite of passage" for Funi releases-but still that's something.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=3721

• Really looking forward to how they translate the roller coaster scene. It should make for a lot of interesting script lines [NSFW - language]

HIDDEN TEXT WOOHOO