Was there a Funimation channel before

• Hey I got a question was there a Funimation channel before on Xfinity and at&t Uverse I am curious was there before is it still there

• It was on Verizon FiOS and dropped in 2012. I don't think Comcast ever had it. Funimation channel went completely defunct in 2015

• @HOOfan1 said in Was there a Funimation channel before:

It was on Verizon FiOS and dropped in 2012. I don't think Comcast ever had it. Funimation channel went completely defunct in 2015

DirecTV or Time Warner Cable never had it. The only time ever seen the channel was at my Aunt House who had Verizon FiOS at the time. Some of Anime I seen I did not even know what that where. Or even understand half of them. And some I mostly forgot about because I was not also at my aunt and this was during high school time when I was wrestling and football so I never really had time on my Dad side because I live with my Mom and this Aunt I talking about was on my Dad side and that live far away from where I live both my Dad and Aunt did. I wanted to stay close so I could hang out with the "boyz". Most seen my dad and aunt on Sundays at this time because there no practice on Sunday for school. Since I was never that much breaking during High School. I used to homework until like 2am a few time. So I never really had a change to get into the channel and what was being shown at time on there. Funny thing is I found it not even knowing what was it was and when I when though channels I seen "Funimation" on it and I was hmmm that did Dragonball Z. Though that never air DBZ on there. -_- So I watch something from time to time when ever I when to my Aunts. I think I ones I seen a girl with some guy with sunglass or something. I remember that one being weird though. I think another one have some boy be sent into space he wanted to be some thing for a job that it was to be in space or something? I don't remember? I trying remember some the other that show but not remember to much of it. It was along time ago. Like I said never really getting into the show anyway because I was never able to watch it that much since it was only on my Aunt TV. Guess it was not mend for me lol.

• It was on U-verse but Comcast never had "Funimation Channel", just streaming on demand.

• @tawkz765
    Yes there was and it was AWESOME! a 24/7 channel of anime from Funimation all day everyday! One of the biggest mistakes ever was it being cancelled after 2015. It was available from 2005-2015. I miss it, and feel bad for those who knew of it and wanted to see it. All there is now is Toku which isn't even Funimation its Medea Blasters or something; they used to show their small collection of anime but now its all live action Japanese shows in sub. I'm shocked no one tried to sue because of all the false advertisement of Toku being the new Funimation channel when it obviously wasn't. Whatever department at Funimation that ran it or Olympusat need to to bring it back!

• Does anyone know Olympusat’s email address? I want to contact them to see if they still have the schedules for the channel, because there’s a bunch of missing information on Wikipedia that we could fill in if we have the schedules.

• @JIMBOYKELLY said in Was there a Funimation channel before:

Does anyone know Olympusat’s email address? I want to contact them to see if they still have the schedules for the channel, because there’s a bunch of missing information on Wikipedia that we could fill in if we have the schedules.

Did you check their website? If not, here is their general information e-mail:

info@olympusat.com

If you do not get the info you want, I can give you contact info for some one who who worked on the FUNimation Channel.

• @jlaking I sent an email to the address you linked and they said they forwarded it to Carlos Lopez, the VP of Marketing and Communications at Olympusat. Just in case he doesn’t have what I’m looking for, do you think you could give me the contact info for the former Funimation Channel employee?

• @jlaking
    Is there anyway we could convince them to bring it back?

• @darkmatterkakine said in Was there a Funimation channel before:

@jlaking
    Is there anyway we could convince them to bring it back?

Broadcast TV is a fading medium. I loved the Funimation Channel, but that's a lot of work and money to bring back a channel and rely on cable companies to broadcast it when they control their own streaming service

• @jlaking Did you by any chance work for the Funimation Channel? Because you have a banner for the channel under all of your replies.

• @jlaking Also, what's the contact info?

• See if you have TOKUHD channel . This is their stepchild . Not all services have it . I have Consolidated Communications . Uncensored content too !

• @JIMBOYKELLY I am going to contact them first to see if it is alright to for you contact them about the Funimation Channel.

If they say yes, I am not going to give their contact info on the forums. I will need your Twitter or Facebook names or if you prefer, I can send you a private message of Toonzone (since you mention that forum before).

• @jlaking said in Was there a Funimation channel before:

@JIMBOYKELLY I am going to contact them first to see if it is alright to for you contact them about the Funimation Channel.

If they say yes, I am not going to give their contact info on the forums. I will need your Twitter or Facebook names or if you prefer, I can send you a private message of Toonzone (since you mention that forum before).

@jlaking He asked if you worked for the Funimation channel which now I am curious to.

• @jlaking Heres my Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesKe12783922 I’m replying from my phone, so that’s why it’s linking to the mobile version of Twitter.

• @jlaking Where in Twitter can I see the private messages that are sent to me?

• @JIMBOYKELLY said in Was there a Funimation channel before:

@jlaking Where in Twitter can I see the private messages that are sent to me?

I'm not sure about mobile, but in the desktop version of a web browser, just go to Twitter.com and select Messages at the top of the window. This is where all of your direct messages are, which are the same thing as private messages on most other services.

EDIT: I just checked your mobile link and it seems the icons at the top serve the same purpose as on the desktop site. Just go to the envelope-looking icon at the top to find your DMs.

• @jlaking Did you ever get a response?

• @jlaking Just in case you didn’t, I know a way to contact current or former employees of Olympusat.