The What Have You Been Playing Thread!?

• Come here to talk about the latest dose of gaming goodness or not so goodness that you have endulged in.

I myself am not a huge gamer these days, but I have been enjoying Wayford's release of Ducktales: Remastered. Fun little game, can't wait for more of Wayford's projects to pop up on PSN if they are even half as fun as this one!

• I've been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf. It's my first time picking up an Animal Crossing game and I'm glad I finally did. It's so much fun! I love how cute and calm it is, and there's a variety of things to do each day.

And before that I was marathoning Wind Waker before having to come back to school, but I'm still working through it whenever I'm home. Such a great game and I can't wait to get the HD version for the holidays. ^_^

• Lately I've been playing Pokemon Black 2, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl, and Project X Zone. Going to get Pokemon X on the weekend!

• The three I've primarily been playing lately are A Virus Named TOM, Borderlands 2, and Trine 2. TOM's decent, there's a huge difficulty curve where it stops being about puzzles and starts being about avoiding the enemies, so that's kind of a total pain. Blands 2 has been overly boring, there isn't much variety to it so the hit-and-miss jokes are what's getting me through the game. Trine 2, I'm on the fence about, but I'm leaning towards 'not fun' after playing a few levels

Beyond that, there's the constant play of both TF2 and Awesomenauts

I have too many games I haven't played yet

• Been playing Armored Core: Verdict Day (PS3), Gods Eater Burst (PSP), and Project X Zone (3DS).

ACVD is, as expected, pretty much just an Armored Core 5.5. Compared to Armored Core V there are some noticeable graphical improvements, some rebalancing (seems more difficult to me), and, despite the ability to add CPU controlled teammates to your squad, an even larger emphasis and multiplayer/PvP. Speaking of those CPU teammates, customization of them seems very overwhelming at first, but is kind of engaging once getting into it a bit.

Been trying to finish Gods Eater Burst after taking a nearly year long break from it. Still as fun as I remember, though once you start having to face two or three boss-level Aragami at the same time it can get frustrating. If you're like me and too impatient to use engage/retreat/engage tactics, then expect to need revived 15-20 times per mission :/

Project X Zone isn't the most challenging of games, but its a ton of fun. Seeing all those different characters together, and the interplay between characters from different franchises, I think that alone might be enough for any anime/video game fan to enjoy. And being able to pair Imca of Valkyria Chronicles 3 with the God Eaters is pretty much a dream come true.

• I've been playing, Battlefield 4 Beta, and Final Fantasy XIV: ARR.

• I'm not much of a gamer, but I've also been playing the BF4 Beta. Definitely buying the game as soon as it comes out, although I can't say the same for the Xbox One, since I don't buy that many games. Maybe next year.

• I've been working on a slow re-play of Pokemon White to be followed up with White 2. It's totally not cuz I'm jealous of everyone else getting to play X and Y, at all. >_>;

• Now that the GTA Online serves seem to be running smoothly I've been getting my fair share of time playing that. You finally get a feel for what all those npc players are going through when your terrorizing the city. I can't tell you how many times I've been side swiped and gunned down by other players while just running along the street minding my own business…

I've also been playing a little Chrono Trigger whenever I have the chance. I never got to play it way back when and being able to do that with my Vita is great.

Last but not least I've been playing a freebie game called Dragons Prophet. It's like a WoW or whatever other mmo, but you have the ability to tame dragon's and use them in combat/fly around with. It's pretty cool, I think it's still in beta right now which would make sense as there are a couple of things that need tweaking to make it run smoother, but all in all a pretty fun game.

• I've been playing Minecraft and Far Cry 3 these last few weeks.

• @7jaws7:

I'm not much of a gamer, but I've also been playing the BF4 Beta. Definitely buying the game as soon as it comes out, although I can't say the same for the Xbox One, since I don't buy that many games. Maybe next year.

@Davidism:

I've been playing, Battlefield 4 Beta, and Final Fantasy XIV: ARR.

I downloaded that for the 360, too, and I highly dislike the way EA handles online play, so I haven't given BF4 a chance.

Played a little of the World of Tanks beta, though.

• Replaying Tomb Raider on Steam since I got it as part of a Hitman Absolution/Sleeping Dogs combo pack. Not much replayability here, and I'm realizing now that the most interesting parts of the story are entirely dependent on shock factor, making this a pretty uninteresting replay. I should be able to 100% the story much more quickly this time, but I doubt I'll be able to get all the multiplayer achievements on Steam, since I used a couple cheap offline tactics to get a couple of the ranked achievements on 360

• Playing Disgaea D2 (PS3), Rune Factory 4 (3DS), and Ecolibrium (Vita).

Gameplay-wise, Disgaea d2 is pretty much the same as all previous Disgaea games. There are a few new features and gimmicks, but, for the most part, nothing all that unexpected or ground-breaking. The real draw, for me at least, are the characters and story, and they certainly deliver. Nice to see Laharl and gang back to their hilarious antics and back as main characters.

Rune Factory 4 has been the game taking up most of my time these past few days. Quite engrossing and fun. Some might say it lacks difficulty, but I'm enjoying it. Seems to me these sorts of games are more about the ambiance and feeling rather than the challenge anyway. A lot of the monster/item descriptions are very and unexpectedly funny. Always nice to find that what could just be (and typically is) a dreary and matter-of-fact aspect of a game instead is filled with wit and humor.

Ecolibrium is something of a simplistic god-game/life-sim. Engaging enough at the moment, but I suspect I might become bored with it quite quickly. Is free though, so I can't really complain.

• pokemon x and tales of symphonia 2

• BattleField 4 beta (whenever my friend gets on.) On my PS3.

Skyrim, Rome 2 Total War, Mount And Blade, Outlast, Slender, Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines, World of Warcraft, Romance of the three Kingdoms 10, King Arthur The role playing game, Dynasty Warriors Online, Rpgmaker VX ACE, Scarlet Blade, Terraria, Don't Starve, …i think that is all i'm playing on my PC at the moment (Obviously the activity on them adjusts accordingly to what i'm doing haha.)

• GT5, waiting for GT6.

• Well recently I beat Tales of Xillia and decided to go through it again to play Milla story but to be all honest the differences are so small it barely seeming worth the trouble. Also been playing a good amount of Card Fighters Clash on the Neo Geo Pocket Color and finding it rather addicting.

• Just finished the campaign of Aliens: Colonial Marines. The game itself was very average, but I can't say I didn't enjoy walking with the old motion tracker through the empty corridors of Hadley's Hope.

• I play Street Fighter IV and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 competitively so they take up most of my time. I plan on playing a lot of Killer Instinct when it gets released.

• Pokemon X , Disgaea D2, and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD

• @7jaws7:

Just finished the campaign of Aliens: Colonial Marines. The game itself was very average, but I can't say I didn't enjoy walking with the old motion tracker through the empty corridors of Hadley's Hope.

Much as I wanted to like that game, well… yeah, average (on a cynical note, its pains me to give it even that much praise). Using the motion tracker and the pulse rifle sound effects were kind of fun though ;)

Put Disgaea D2 on the backburner, and have been playing Valhalla Knights 3 (Vita), going back and forth between Pokemon X (3DS) and Rune Factory 4 (3DS), and have been playing a bit of Hatsune Miku Project Diva F (PS3).

Wasn't certain if I'd like Valhalla Knights 3 or not. A while back played a demo of the first Valhalla Knights and wasn't too impressed, but I'm liking 3. Though the combat, depending on weapon choice, seems slightly cumbersome at times, after getting used to it a bit I found it pretty fun. Not too far in, but there's definitely more to the story than I expected. Thought there'd be something of a Monster Hunter-like vagueness to the plot, but there's much more to it. Any familiar with VK3 might be aware of the, uhm... somewhat revealing mini-game involving the hostess characters, and while I personally don't have any problems with that content, I might note that it is possible to go through the game without using that feature (and would actually be kinder on your in-game wallet to avoid them). I might also note though, that I was surprised to find that continued interaction with these hostess characters shows further depth to their respective backstories and personalities, so that was kind of nice to discover. Haven't tried multiplayer yet, so can't really comment on that. One other thing which really impressed me with this game was the soundtrack. Was expecting some generic sounding, simple music, and while it certainly does sound like something you'd expect from a fantasy game, its much better than I thought it'd be.

I hardly need to say much about Pokemon X except that I'd agree with all the praise its getting. A lot of fun, and looks great. If I've any complaint about it, its just that its taking time away from playing Rune Factory 4 :P