dxd starting late here. already seeing on other anime sites

• why is this, already seen first episode and got to say was a real let down. if the rest is anything like it i hate to say it but dxd is over and wont be renewed after this season. starting on may 1st here but subversion already out other places

• @tonypinkston said in dxd starting late here. already seeing on other anime sites:

why is this, already seen first episode and got to say was a real let down. if the rest is anything like it i hate to say it but dxd is over and wont be renewed after this season. starting on may 1st here but subversion already out other places

Because writing a script, assembling the VAs, recording the lines and editing the video to add the sound and credits of the English cast takes time.....

If Funimation didn't have an agreement with Crunchyroll, I am sure they would have the subtitle version on their own website.

Although I agree, I was not impressed with the first episode at all. It was a retcon episode, that started right in the middle of the action with very little explanation. Opinions about the art and animation seem to be evenly divided by English speaking audiences, but it is what the Japanese audience thinks that really matters to the publishers. I wonder what they think of the simpler art and animation style.

My own opinion....the art and animation from Seasons 1-3 was far superior. I don't like the limited color palette, or chubby faced, droopy eyed character models. Vali Lucifer looked horrible IMO

• its not late, May 1st is within the normal 2-4 week simuldub schedule. Retconing the end of season 3 was a smart move. sales of season 3 dropped by half mostly because of that bizarre anime original ending. its back on track now.

• @Getchman said in dxd starting late here. already seeing on other anime sites:

its not late, May 1st is within the normal 2-4 week simuldub schedule. Retconing the end of season 3 was a smart move. sales of season 3 dropped by half mostly because of that bizarre anime original ending. its back on track now.

I don't mind the retcon, but they dropped us in midway through the action.

• funimation has always put out sub before dub, but also the new art sucks it looks like a cutesy anime now. the art is horrible to see. they have butchered the characters. the new rias is so messed up, looks like she had real bad plastic surgery. the episode posted was more like a bad recap of past season and it was so far off from what really happened. back on my topic was looking for sub here before dub. like to watch both of them. i know dub takes time and not looking for rush on it

• @tonypinkston said in dxd starting late here. already seeing on other anime sites:

funimation has always put out sub before dub.....back on my topic was looking for sub here before dub.

Like I said, they have a contract with Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll gets the subtitle versions. Funimation gets the dubbed versions.

In return both companies get the rights to license more shows, and Funimation gets the rights to release home video of their catalog as well as Crunchyroll's. That's why we are getting Re:Zero on Home Video. That's why we got Testament of Sister New Devil on Home Video.

• This post is deleted!

• @HOOfan1

yeah, i can see how that would be a problem. personally, i remember what happened, so i'm fine with it

• @tonypinkston
    I know the new art sucks so much. People keep saying it looks just like the light novels but that's furthest thing from the truth its not even a comparison, the new art style looks REALLY CHEAP and basic compared to the last company's art style.

• @darkmatterkakine said in dxd starting late here. already seeing on other anime sites:

@tonypinkston
    I know the new art sucks so much. People keep saying it looks just like the light novels but that's furthest thing from the truth its not even a comparison, the new art style looks REALLY CHEAP and basic compared to the last company's art style.

Yeah, it certainly doesn't look like the art in Novels 9-10

here is a couple of pictures I spliced together. Top picture is from LN 12 and bottom picture is from Season 2

alt text

Compare that to the Season 4 art style

alt text

neither Season 2 nor Season 4 styles are exactly like the Light Novels, but Season 2 is much closer. The art style changed in Volume 22, but it still doesn't look like the Season 4 art style

• @HOOfan1
    Yeah the old art style wasn't exactly like the novels but it was close enough, people act like the new art style looks 100% like the novels when it doesn't, even fewer have noticed that Rias's hair is no longer CRIMSON! the new one just made her hair plain red and not Crimson at all!

• Moving this to the official High School DxD forum. Please post any future DxD related topics there from now on.

• Honestly, I'm rather pleased they retconned the ending of BORN, because it really made Rias look weak, and she's anything but that.

• @Series5Ranger said in dxd starting late here. already seeing on other anime sites:

Honestly, I'm rather pleased they retconned the ending of BORN, because it really made Rias look weak, and she's anything but that.

She didn't exactly look competent in episode 0 either, but she was in shock