2018 Best Non-Humanoid Character Tournament - Discussion

• 0_1523478142410_Non humanoid banner.png
    Welcome to the First Annual Best Non-Humanoid Character Tournament!
    I will be hosting, and @Emdier will be helping!

There are 64 characters competing! Where more were nominated, there were not enough for a larger tournament, so a few sadly were no favoured by the Randomizer Gods. They will be greatly missed.

It will run in the same style as other tournaments, with your post updating the current score with your vote.
    Example:
    Person 1 votes for character A:
    Vote for character A:
    Character A – 1
    Character B - 0
    Person 2 votes for character B:
    Character A - 1
    Character B – 1
    If multiple voters post at the same time, voters are allowed to check their score tallies and can edit them if they are incorrect. If after 24 hours there is a tie, the tie will be broken through random coin flip.
    We're doing something a little different for the finals, should it come down to tiebreaker. The tie will be broken by which character had the most votes over the entire tournament. If THAT comes down to a tie, then the character with the least votes against will be the winner. If THAT is still a tie, then it comes down to a coin flip.

All rounds will be up for voting for 24 hours after they are posted. Any votes made after the 24 hour mark will not be counted.

After the semifinals of each bracket, there will be a third-place match between the two losers before the finals.

This is a tournament with 64 spots.

Everyone is welcome to defend their choices. Light hearted debates are encouraged, but any fighting will not be tolerated.

Tournament will start either April 12 or 13. I plan to get rounds up daily, but may have some conflicts.

Our Nominees:
    9 tailed fox (Kurama) – Naruto
    Alpaca - Love Live (the white one since it's more common)
    Antoinette - Ouran High School Host Club
    Ao –Yona of the Dawn
    Artemis - Sailor Moon
    Ash's Charizard - Pokemon
    Blue Eyes White Dragon - Yu-Gi-Oh
    Boota - Gurren Lagann
    Buu-chan - Flip Flappers
    Canti - FLCL
    Carla - Fairy Tail
    Chi - Chi's Sweet Home
    Chou Chou - One Piece
    Corsola - Pokemon
    Daru – She and Her Cat: Everything Flows
    Dog – Blood C
    Ein - Cowboy Bebop
    Elemental HERO Flame Wingman - Yu-Gi-Oh GX
    Gatomon/Tailmon - Digimon Adventure
    Guilmon - Digimon Tamers
    Happy - Fairy Tail
    Hawk – Seven Deadly Sins
    Hawk’s Mama – Seven Deadly Sins
    Hermes - Kino's Journey
    Iggy - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
    Ioryogi – Kobato
    Isao - How to Raise a Mummy
    Kero - Cardcaptor Sakura
    Kohaku - In another world with my smart phone
    Kon - Bleach
    Konnosuke - Touken Ranbu
    Kuro - Blue Exorcist
    Kuroneko – Trigun
    Kyubey - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
    Looser - Tokyo Ghoul
    Luna - Sailor Moon
    Makkachin – Yuri On Ice
    Mechazawa - Cromartie High School
    Migi - Parasyte
    Mii-kun – How to Raise and Mummy
    Mokona - Tsubasa Chronicles
    Monokuma - Danganronpa
    Morgana - Persona 5
    Mukumuku - How to Raise a Mummy
    Nigou - Kuroko no Basket
    Nyanko Sensei – Natsume’s Book of Friends
    Oolong - Dragonball Z
    Panther Lily - Fairy Tail
    Pikachu - Pokemon
    Poipole - Pokemon
    Puar - Dragonball Z
    Riku - Kino's Journey
    Sadaharu – Gintama
    Shiitake - Love Live Sunshine
    Shiro - Hozuki's Coolheadedness
    Sisi - Code Realize Guardian of Rebirth
    Spinnel Sun - Cardcaptor Sakura
    Terriermon - Digimon Tamers
    The Tachikomas - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Tony Tony Chopper - One Piece
    Wooly Bug - The Ancient Magus' Bride
    Wooper/Axolotl - The Ancient Magus' Bride
    Zaruba- Garo franchises
    Zeke - Zoids: Chaotic Century

Bracket:
    https://challonge.com/s95a7vk5.svg

alt text

• @korrailli Where Zeke?

• Aww. Gokotai's tigers didn't make or past the randomizer

0_1523478739748_c1cf194e-ddbb-4bf4-8194-2aa50f58d3aa.gif

• Randomizer is particularly cruel this time. Even best Octopus didn't make it.
    alt text

• @korrailli said in 2018 Best Non-Humanoid Character Tournament - Discussion:

Randomizer is particularly cruel this time. Even best Octopus didn't make it.
    alt text

@korrailli The rule was 1st come. So the pick that came after people 1st 10 should been the one put not the the one people pick in the next 5. It seen rather unfair for you to change the rule like that. Zeke was my 1st pick and I wanted him in over the others.

• God I am going to be so salty. Daru vs Migi, Ioryogi vs Kero, Spinel Sun vs Kyubey.

I thought couples made me salty. Ain't got nothing on this.

• @emdier said in 2018 Best Non-Humanoid Character Tournament - Discussion:

God I am going to be so salty. Daru vs Migi, Ioryogi vs Kero, Spinel Sun vs Kyubey.

I thought couples made me salty. Ain't got nothing on this.

@emdier Well rules where change for no reason why I feel rather unfair so I already salty about this contest. You change the rules like this it very unfair. Just b/c you did not get number wanted doe not mean you change the rule so people 1st come pick don't get in then. That not right.

• @korrailli @emdier Also something to note here "Polygon – Zatch Bell" I did not even pick him. I just ask if he was ok for this contest I never got around to edit on my pick list to my nomination list post. There for he should not even be in here.

• If people have issues with this then don't participate. Any harassment towards the runner of this will be personally banned from any events I run.

• @Queenira said in 2018 Best Non-Humanoid Character Tournament - Discussion:

If people have issues with this then don't participate. Any harassment towards the runner of this will be personally banned from any events I run.

@Queenira Well this is not harassment. I asking question what where stated. Not to mention something that was put in here that was not Nomination official as I was just asking if he was ok after we where all taking about Tia and Zatch never edit my Nomination to put him in or that I was.

@korrailli said in 2018 Non-Humanoid Tournament Nominations:

0_1523129465556_Non humanoid banner.png
    Welcome to the Inaugural Best Non-Humanoid Character Tournament!
    I will be hosting this tournament, and @Emdier will be helping.
    The nomination rules are as follows:

1. Characters must not be human
    2. Characters must not look human (This means no ‘Cat Girls’ or others that have small things that make they slightly different than a typical human).
    3. Shapeshifters are allowed, provided that we (the audience) knows they are not human AND they spend a good portion of their screen time in their non human form.
    4. Entries will be limited to Japanese anime only. No Avatar (sorry Appa), RWBY, or other Non-Japanese series.
    5. Characters do not have to be named in the series, or need much screen time. One off characters are fine. For these ones, please include a link to a picture to make identifying the character easier.
    6. I will have final say for nominations that may fall in a grey area.

For Nomination, please list them as follows. Please include a link to a photo for each character.
    Character name and/or description – Anime – (link to picture)

"Each poster may nominate 10 Characters. Nominations will be based on first come, first served (As long as they fit our other rules, of course)"

Only 5 characters from each anime series will be allowed. Each person may nominate 2 per series.

There will be 128 entries accepted. Each character may only be nominated once.

Couple cannot be swapped out or changed later, so please be aware of that when you do your nomination post! Exceptions only apply if someone has nominated one of your choices already, if that is the case, please bold or otherwise mark changes.

It will run in the same style as other tournaments, with your post updating the current score with your vote.
    Example:
    Person 1 votes for couple A:
    Vote for couple A:
    Entry A - 1
    Entry B - 0

Person 2 votes for couple B:
    Entry A - 1
    Entry B – 1

If multiple voters post at the same time, voters are allowed to check their score tallies and can edit them if they are incorrect. If after 24 hours there is a tie, the tie will be broken through random coin flip.
    After the semifinals of each bracket, there will be a third-place match between the two losers before the finals.

Ties will be settled via coin flip. For the semi finals and finals, total votes in all rounds will be used, the competitor with the most votes will win. If it is still a tie, then total votes against will be used (least votes against). If it is still a tie, then a coin flip will be used.

Nominations will be open for 1 week, or until they are full.

@gohan6425 said in 2018 Non-Humanoid Tournament Nominations:

Megumi Oumi: Tia from Zatch Bell
    Naruto: 9 Tail Fox from Naruto

I drawing a blank for the last 3...

@emdier said in 2018 Non-Humanoid Tournament Nominations:

@gohan6425 Nothing that is human shaped/human looking is allowed.

alt text

For example, Ryuk is pretty humanoid, therefore not allowed. If he's enough that he would get disqualified, then your example wouldn't either. He looks less human, but is still against the rules.

@emdier @korrailli

You girls are making this way too complicated but ok...

How about him http://zatchbell.wikia.com/wiki/Ponygon_and_Kafk_Sunbeam

@Queenira said in 2018 Non-Humanoid Tournament Nominations:

How is this complicated? If it looks like a person its probably not allowed.

@Queenira Zatch Bell look like a Doll though.

@korrailli So I guess Zatch Bell Evil Twin can be in this contest right?

http://zatchbell.wikia.com/wiki/Zeno_Bell_and_Dufort

0_1523387083813_Zeno Bell Evil Zatch.jpg

• All of us had characters knocked out (TOBOE :*( ), just gonna have to live with it. It's Korr's tournament, and it's all in good fun.

• @emdier said in 2018 Best Non-Humanoid Character Tournament - Discussion:

All of us had characters knocked out (TOBOE :*( ), just gonna have to live with it. It's Korr's tournament, and it's all in good fun.

@emdier That still does not tell me why Ponygon was add when I did not really pick him.

• @gohan6425 I do apologize for not understanding that you didn't want Polygon as a nomination. I can change him out for someone you meant to nominated. Since you seem most concerned about Zeke, would he be the one you want in instead? This would be the only change I am willing to make at this point.

The be honest, the constant bickering about what is 'non-humanoid' was a major motivation for me closing nominations early. I did try to be fair to the characters already nominated at that point and used a randomizer to determine who would be in.

• @korrailli said in 2018 Best Non-Humanoid Character Tournament - Discussion:

@gohan6425 I do apologize for not understanding that you didn't want Polygon as a nomination. I can change him out for someone you meant to nominated. Since you seem most concerned about Zeke, would he be the one you want in instead? This would be the only change I am willing to make at this point.

The be honest, the constant bickering about what is 'non-humanoid' was a major motivation for me closing nominations early. I did try to be fair to the characters already nominated at that point and used a randomizer to determine who would be in.

@korrailli Yes please.

• Ok, I updated the first post in swap out Polygon for Zeke, and have updated the Challonge bracket as well.

• alt text

I'm showing my hand right now. I am Team Migi for this tournament.
    A+++ Character development, not to mention one of the most disturbingly adorable things ever.

alt text

• I'm showing my hand right now.

Oh, you.

1. Mods pin this

2. Dragon Maid looks better than YuGiOh ever did. Kyoto Animation makes Toei look fools.

• @Queenira said in 2018 Best Non-Humanoid Character Tournament - Discussion:

1. Mods pin this

2. Dragon Maid looks better than YuGiOh ever did. Kyoto Animation makes Toei look fools.

@Queenira No Yu-Gi-Oh better.

• @gohan6425 You haven't even watched Dragon Maid you have 0 horse in this race.

second I'm going on pure animation. Anything Kyoto Animation has done makes YuGiOh look like a middle schoolers art project