Let's talk about shoujo...

• Shoujo anime and manga is my biggest addiction. I love the characters and cute style and hot guys and especially the romance between the cute girls and hot guys. XD
    My #1 will always be Full Moon Wo Sagashite which is amazing; closely behind it is Princess Tutu. (PLEASE WATCH BOTH IF YOU CAN) For more recent titles, I am fond of Yona of the Dawn and Dengeki Daisy. I would love to know what other people like here; do please share your opinions. ♥

• While I'm usually more into the more macho/manly stuff, I do admit that I really like shows such as Ouran High School Host Club and Skip Beat.

Snow White with the Red Hair is another really good romance title, as well.

• I love, love, LOVE shoujo and have seen a ton of it so I am more then happy to share!

Both the shows Spaceman recommended are must sees, both for being awesome Shoujo and excellent comedy series as well. Ouran High School Host Club was among the first shows I watched when I was really getting in to anime, and it remains one of my overall favorites. Skip Beat actually just recently was dubbed and will be getting its physical release through RightStuf soon if you're a dub kinda person!

Cardcaptor Sakura is an absolute classic and one of my favorite shows. It's pretty long but it's well worth it and has easily one of the most adorable relationships in anime, as well as pretty art, excellent characters and interesting storylines. There is also a brand new season for the show airing currently, which is proving to be an excellent addition to the series!

The Ancient Magus' Bride is listed as a shounen series I believe, which feels strange because it has more of a shoujo feel to it, personally. It's another personal favorite that just recently finished airing so it's a good time to binge it!

Fruits Basket is one I consider a classic and a show for anyone really looking to delve in to the shoujo series. It isn't a complete adaptation (Although they do shuffle some things around in the anime so the ending isn't a cliffhanger or anything, but if you want the full story, then like with Yona you're going to need to read the manga) but it's an excellent show.

Snow White with the Red Hair is not only a beautiful show to look at but has an excellent cast of characters and is just, all around, a feel good show to watch. Not to mention the lead Shirayuki is incredibly likeable.

Natsume's Book of Friends isn't your typical shoujo, but it's one that's quite popular and is a good watch. It's on the soothing side (I actually have a hard time watching more then an episode or two before I start feeling sleepy, but that's not a bad thing in this shows case, it's just relaxing) and has memorable characters and great "friend of the week" stories.

Other favorites of mine include,
    Kamisama Kiss
    Maid-sama
    Kodocha
    Kimi ni Todoke
    School Babysitters
    The World is Still Beautiful
    Gakuen Alice
    Orange
    My Little Monster
    Hal
    Monthly Girl Nozaki-Kun

Chihayafuru is technically Josei but it's one I really recommend as well, it has a shoujo feel to it!

• @emdier

Thanks for your input. I've owned/seen/heard/ of most of those titles and enjoyed them. XD

AMB is on my PTW list. Clear Card Hen is the highlight of my Saturdays, currently. XD Nozaki-kun is pure GOLD for sure.

• I guess I don't watch too many dedicated shojos. Sometimes the genres blend and I'm not sure what exactly qualifies. It's easy to identify a shounen; anything that centers around fighting/battles is usually a given. But Shojo? Not exactly sure... What separates a shojo from a school-life, romance, SOL-type show? That's where the lines are blurred in my head.

I think my favorites are limited to: My Love Story!! and Magic Knight Rayearth, both of which are precious. Yona is also up there, and while I did enjoy it I'm not totally in love with it either.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-Kun seems like it would qualify, but it's actually a satire on romance anime moreso than a straight shojo.

Chihayafuru also has some elements, but I'd call that more of a sports anime with only light romance sprinkled in.

• @MyOnlyFarph

That's a great question to address!! Glad you brought it up. :D

"What makes a shoujo series a shoujo?"

There are actually no rules in stone when it comes to shounen, shoujo, josei, or seinen. So we cannot say
    "All shoujo must have THIS" or "if it has this, it can't be shoujo" etc and same holds true for the other
    three types.

The true answer is a lot more simple than you might think:
    It's all about the demographic of the source material.

"If the anime came from a shoujo magazine, it's a shoujo series".

That's really all it is. Now for anime-original series, that's a bit more tricky but only slightly.
    For example, Princess Tutu is anime-original BUT it aired in Japan in between two other shoujo anime (Pretty Cure was one)
    so from that, we can easily determine the target audience was the same: young girls.

MKR certainly takes me back! I believe that was my second manga after Sailor Moon. XD

You are correct on Nozaki-kun; it is a webmanga that may be (I have no way to be sure) targeted at a male audience.
    But the author also writes shoujo manga (Oresama Teacher is one) so she is pretty much satirizing her own works. XD

Chihayafuru is a josei series aimed at adult women.

• I've liked some shoujo/Jousei (the bolded ones are my favorites):

The Ancient Magus' Bride
    Anohana
    Aquarian Age
    Black Butler
    Bunny Drop
    Chihayafuru
    Chobits
    Haibane Renmei
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Honey and Clover
    Inu X Boku SS
    Itazura no Kiss
    Karin
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Kodocha
    Kobato
    Library War
    Lovely Complex
    Maid Sama!
    Mermaid Forrest
    My Love Story
    Orange
    Our Home's Fox Deity
    Red Garden
    Skip Beat!
    Snow White With the Red Hair
    The Third-The Girl with the Blue Eye
    True Tears
    Tsukigakirei
    Twelve Kingdoms
    Vision of Escaflowne
    X TV
    XXXHolic
    Yona of the Dawn
    Zakuro

Despite not being the target audience as a straight dude. Currently watching Fushigi Yugi actually.