Release date for Evangelion 3.33

• Sadly, I didn't get a chance to see the film when it was playing in my town (it was a one night screening only deal). So my question is since it is unlikely that the movie will get an extended engagement or be played again in my town, I wanted to know when can we expect a home video release date for the film? I know Funimation stated the date was moved to a TBA status because of the film's theater showing demand but because there hasn't been any new announcements in a while, I wanted to know if anything new has come up?

• No statement has been made, still TBA.

• thanks bro. the waiting game continues. this AND the bluray release of cowboy bebop.

• Haven't been release date yet for cowboy bebop but it will be release sometime this year

• Didn't they move the release date to March?

• @Forlorn:

Didn't they move the release date to March?

I believe originally but they decided to extend the theatrical run and pushed the home release till later or i believe that was what i heard last time

• This is no surprise, They'll milk it out until like November and release it then. Evangelion and Bebop.

• @notoriousbjc:

This is no surprise, They'll milk it out until like November and release it then. Evangelion and Bebop.

Some one does not know the meaning of "milk it". If FUNi wanted to "milk it", they would have already released it.

• @jlaking:

Some one does not know the meaning of "milk it". If FUNi wanted to "milk it", they would already released it.

More like tease us with trailers, previews, and packaging details about a month or two in advanced then release it

• Funimation is waiting for the Third Impact to actually happen before releasing 3.33.

• wouldn't that hurt sales though?

• I imagine it would be of significant detriment to sales but Funimation knows more than I do about selling anime.

• Milking doesn't make much sense, wasnt the last screening over a month ago ? So they aren't making any theatre money . what's the hold up ? ( unless im wrong but eleven arts has nothing listen since feb 6 i think )

• @tattooedangel:

Milking doesn't make much sense, wasnt the last screening over a month ago ? So they aren't making any theatre money . what's the hold up ? ( unless im wrong but eleven arts has nothing listen since feb 6 i think )

Japan and their fear of reserve imports.

• By the time Eva 3.33 released (sometime in fall or winter), Eva 4.0 will be hyping up on trailers.

• Ok, this has just gotten ridiculous.

If this is the kind of treatment we can expect for Final, Funimation is hilariously delusional to assume that people are going to just sit around waiting for 2 years.

• @kanten:

Ok, this has just gotten ridiculous.

If this is the kind of treatment we can expect for Final, Funimation is hilariously delusional to assume that people are going to just sit around waiting for 2 years.

No,you're wrong.things happen and remember,Evangelion 3.33 was made by Studio Khara in japan.at the end of the day'it's their product,it will come out here in the states,you just need patience.

• @joe-funi:

No,you're wrong.things happen and remember,Evangelion 3.33 was made by Studio Khara in japan.at the end of the day'it's their product,it will come out here in the states,you just need patience.

The US release has absolutely nothing to do with Khara, Funimation secured those rights years ago and the 3.33 dub is obviously complete seeing as it was premiered nearly a year ago, the DVD/BD release is entirely Funimation's responsibility to get out and they've been completely silent about it since February.

• They got the chance to work with Anno, so they are now dedubbing it under his guidance. we should be hearing updates very soon

• @kanten:

The US release has absolutely nothing to do with Khara, Funimation secured those rights years ago and the 3.33 dub is obviously complete seeing as it was premiered nearly a year ago, the DVD/BD release is entirely Funimation's responsibility to get out and they've been completely silent about it since February.

It's still their product,it was made in Japan and they have final say in everything.

• Man what the hell kindof NDA did Funi sign? might want to put an addendum in the next contract that allows you to say something after 2 years :P.