simulcast and uncut

• Whats the difference between simulcast and uncut?

• Simulcast is the footage that airs on Japanese television. We see what a person in Japan does. Do the Japanese television laws and standards some footage has censorship

Uncut is what a person in Japan would get when they buy a bluray. It usually contains higher quality footage, removal of censorship (most times) and anything else not aired on TV

• I fear there were some anime released on home video which to me, seems to be simulcast material, especially with the text in the opening/closing being left untouched with a generic credit sequence attached at the end.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in simulcast and uncut:

I fear there were some anime released on home video which to me, seems to be simulcast material, especially with the text in the opening/closing being left untouched with a generic credit sequence attached at the end.

why would the text be changed at all..and why would you care about the credits?

• @HOOfan1 I'm just concerned about Funimation copying what Sentai Filmworks does.

That what is released on home video is essentially the same as the simudubs with all character singing not dubbed, credits left completely untouched, no extras, just the complete bare bones stuff. Handshakers would be a great example. And in that case, why see the uncut version if it looks and sounds exactly the same as the simulcast version with no additions.

• Why would anyone care about the credits???

The difference between simuldub and uncut is censored elements...not the superfluous credits.

To be honest, the only show I've seen where dubbing the songs even matters to me is Beck : Mongolian Chop Squad, because the Engrish songs just sounded horrible.

• This post is deleted!

• please, just stop responding to him. I know you guys mean well, but nothing you say is ever going to matter. once he gets idea in his head, nothing anyone says is going to change it. so please, ignore him