Cosplay (not my normal post)

• OK, I'm finally settled in from the festival this weekend, and want to share at least a description of something with the group. For obvious reasons, I'll explain, I don't have a pic to share, but this was EASILY the best cosplay I've ever seen, and was also a very untraditional cosplayer.

It was a group project, but not your normal group either. This was done as a family project. Still not that unusual. HOWEVER, this was two sisters and one of them's daughter. As seems to be popular, this was a Dragon Maid theme. Mom was Tohru. Sister was Lukoa. BUT, the best cosplay I've probably ever seen was a seven year-old girl dressed as Kanna. I'm not one of those fanatics that thinks Kanna is the cutest thing to ever grace anime. She had a couple of great lines in the anime (which got screwed up in dub), and I'll never forget the see-saws, but she was just a character. Seeing this kid cosplay her though, probably was the cutest thing to ever grace anime.

I wasn't about to ask permission to photograph a kid that age for their costume. However, parents that tend to go to conventions/festivals with cosplay could learn something from this group. They were all having fun, and it was fun just to see it.

• @pleco_breeder

Intresting, the only cos play stuff I do is with the 501st Legion. Probably the best I did was a convention called Nerd Year's eve, that was fun. I was an Imperial Staff officer, people there wanted to shoot me, a game called 'blast a trooper' take a nerf blaster and shoot a Stormtrooper. But everyone wanted to shoot me, lol. It was fun, we also did something to help the Wounded warrior project. That, truly was an honor, I myself am a Navy guy so doing that was an honor.

• @pleco_breeder said in Cosplay (not my normal post):

OK, I'm finally settled in from the festival this weekend, and want to share at least a description of something with the group. For obvious reasons, I'll explain, I don't have a pic to share, but this was EASILY the best cosplay I've ever seen, and was also a very untraditional cosplayer.

It was a group project, but not your normal group either. This was done as a family project. Still not that unusual. HOWEVER, this was two sisters and one of them's daughter. As seems to be popular, this was a Dragon Maid theme. Mom was Tohru. Sister was Lukoa. BUT, the best cosplay I've probably ever seen was a seven year-old girl dressed as Kanna. I'm not one of those fanatics that thinks Kanna is the cutest thing to ever grace anime. She had a couple of great lines in the anime (which got screwed up in dub), and I'll never forget the see-saws, but she was just a character. Seeing this kid cosplay her though, probably was the cutest thing to ever grace anime.

I wasn't about to ask permission to photograph a kid that age for their costume. However, parents that tend to go to conventions/festivals with cosplay could learn something from this group. They were all having fun, and it was fun just to see it.

If you enjoy, cosplay. Check out the 501st Legion, its a great cosplay group that does charity work it's really great.