Darling In The FranXX Series Discussion Thread

• This is a thread where we discuss everything from the Darling In The FranXX from Characters, Episodes, and theories.

• Sounds great.
    Go ahead.

• I'm only on episode 2 and I really don't understand why they don't let the MC pilot with the pink haired girl. No one else can pilot with her and she tells people that he can so it just seems odd they wont let him. So far it reminds me too much of Aquarion and I was not a fan of that show. But Ill give it a few more episodes before deciding on dropping it since the story hasn't developed yet.

Current Pluses for me:

• It looks pretty

Current Minuses for me:

• Robots fighting monsters
    • Bland MC
    • The shorts they wear as part of their uniform

• @MRy27 said in Darling In The FranXX Series Discussion Thread:

I'm only on episode 2 and I really don't understand why they don't let the MC pilot with the pink haired girl. No one else can pilot with her and she tells people that he can so it just seems odd they wont let him. So far it reminds me too much of Aquarion and I was not a fan of that show. But Ill give it a few more episodes before deciding on dropping it since the story hasn't developed yet.

Current Pluses for me:

• It looks pretty

Current Minuses for me:

• Robots fighting monsters
    • Bland MC
    • The shorts they wear as part of their uniform

Remember when the Adults were in that room and said that Hiro is special and that he doesn't age or something like that? It's the main reason he's been given permission to stay, even though he's technically not a parasite. Since everyone who has ridden with 02 has died after 3 times, they're afraid they might lose him and whatever it is they really want to use him for.

• @Series5Ranger ah yes that is a fair point I don't know their true intentions. Also I think I missed the part about him not aging. So I guess he's not human and that's why he can't ride with anyone similar to pink hair lady.

• If I were actually going to compare this to another anime, I think I'd be more inclined to say Daimidaler. So far, nothing saying anything about ero particles, but it's pretty easy to guess that there's more than just piloting taking place in the robots (combined with the fact that all the pilots are set as male/female teams.

I'm only guessing this next part because of things I read online prior to the series start, but it's because he ages differently that he's considered important. As the pilots mature, they apparently lose the ability to pilot, so having someone that could remain a pilot for a longer time would be an obvious advantage.

Again conjecture, but I'm thinking that the same vitality will be what allows him to pilot with the demon. Everybody else is drained of all their life after a third time (I saw them referred to as broken a few times while researching, and after seeing her last partner I can understand why).

• The show is a big disappointment to me. The only good things I like about it is that it looks nice and 002 is great.

• @pleco_breeder I wish it was Daimidaler but I don't see the comparison between those two as much. Also Daimidaler would of been a great show if not for the Shoma parts.