An unusual request

• This is probably the first (maybe only) time you'll ever see me make this suggestion because it's something that I'm usually on the other side of the fence on. However, because of IRL issues, I've only now managed to watch "Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody". I'd actually been waiting on this series for months, so I'm actually surprised that it took me this long to find the time.

Anyway, because of the nature of the show, there are constant "in game" pop-ups. I watch on a reasonably sized TV, but can't manage to even differentiate the kanji to recognize most of them because of size. I'm curious if there's a way, I realize it's not likely for the broadcast dub (but hopefully for the home release), to get the people in Japan to offer up what they're saying. I don't think anybody is going to be able to read that kanji font, so the creator is going to have to say what it's saying if anybody is ever going to know. I'm assuming that the Funimation translators ran into the same brick wall I did with the small font because some of them are actually translated when they're not microscopic.

• @pleco_breeder said in An unusual request:

This is probably the first (maybe only) time you'll ever see me make this suggestion because it's something that I'm usually on the other side of the fence on. However, because of IRL issues, I've only now managed to watch "Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody". I'd actually been waiting on this series for months, so I'm actually surprised that it took me this long to find the time.

Anyway, because of the nature of the show, there are constant "in game" pop-ups. I watch on a reasonably sized TV, but can't manage to even differentiate the kanji to recognize most of them because of size. I'm curious if there's a way, I realize it's not likely for the broadcast dub (but hopefully for the home release), to get the people in Japan to offer up what they're saying. I don't think anybody is going to be able to read that kanji font, so the creator is going to have to say what it's saying if anybody is ever going to know. I'm assuming that the Funimation translators ran into the same brick wall I did with the small font because some of them are actually translated when they're not microscopic.

In the later episodes quite a few of the popups are translated

• @pleco_breeder

Not translating anything in the first episode is bad since there is supposedly story-related information in some of the pop-ups (and other text). I was able to find a fan-sub that had translations for everything up to the first "Achievement" a little over a week ago, so there might be one that has everything translated now (if you're willing to go down that route)

I just put this show on hold after the first episode until the home release, under the assumption that translations will be added for at least the achievements and skills. If they aren't, I'll probably just end up skipping this show, since this stuff drives me crazy