Buying from Funimation

• Does buying from Funimation count towards blu ray's sold in Japan for the original creator or no? Cause I was wondering if i should buy the a blu ray from the official release website, if it supports the anime I like more, or if it still counted towards their official sales if I purchased it from Funimation.

• I don't think buying from Funimation counts toward Japanese sale numbers, but it still supports the creators (through the licensing), and helps keep new anime getting dubbed and released in North America.

• I don't think there's anything wrong with buying imports if you think of your purchase as a donation, but you're basically paying a hefty price for what only amounts to a paperweight on your end, since the discs won't have any English language options. Some of that cost is going to be watered down by import fees and shipping too.

Buying from north american distributors shouldn't count towards Japanese sale numbers, but you're instead sending the message that you appreciate said title being licensed and translated and will encourage them to do more of the same. Plus you'll actually be able to watch the show you purchased.

Pick your poison I guess.

• @MyOnlyFarph said in Buying from Funimation:

I don't think there's anything wrong with buying imports if you think of your purchase as a donation, but you're basically paying a hefty price for what only amounts to a paperweight on your end, since the discs won't have any English language options. Some of that cost is going to be watered down by import fees and shipping too.

Some Japanese BD's do have English subs on then. Not Many do but if it's a tirle you are particularly interested in, it's worth a shot to check out. Just Be warned you'll be paying a hefty price to do so.

• I just like having a physical copy and not relying on sucky internet streaming, but they seriously need to stop making SAVE editions and just make more standard editions.

#BringBackFUNIchannel!

• @darkmatterkakine said in Buying from Funimation:

I just like having a physical copy and not relying on sucky internet streaming, but they seriously need to stop making SAVE editions and just make more standard editions.

#BringBackFUNIchannel!

why can't they just lower the price of the standard edition after a couple of years?

Either way SAVE and Anime Classic allow me t grow my collection. $50+ for a 12 episode cour is rather steep...and this coming from someone who spent nearly $700 to buy Fate Stay Night UBW and Fate Zero

• Fate/Stay broke the bank?
    Standard, Classic, and Limited are fine but save shouldn't of been a thing ever, like you said after a year or so when the standard edition is all that's left then lower price

• SAVE makes sense. its for shows that are no longer going to sell well enough to justify keeping them at standard edition prices, which do still have life to them

• SAVE and Anime Classics are basically the same thing in different packaging.

I am not sure why they don't just have one line for discounted shows.

I suppose the biggest reason they don't just discount the standard edition after a while is the fact that re-releasing the show under a new banner puts more eyes back on it and let's people know the price has dropped. It still seems odd though when you see the standard edition and SAVE or Anime Classics Edition (and they usually contain exactly the same content) selling side by side on the same site, and the standard edition is still selling for nearly twice as much.