VRV any good?

• So, I've been a long time sub to both Crunchyroll and Funimation for some time (around 2-3 years). Is the VRV premium service a decent value when I am only interested in that services? Do I lose anything by canceling my Crunchyroll and Funimation(already let this one run out)?

• For $10, you get access to programming from 13 providers (currently).

Cartoon Hangover, Crunchyroll, Curiosity Stream, DramaFever, Funimation, Geek & Sundry, Mondo, MUBI, Nerdist, Rooster Teeth, Shudder, Tested and VRV Select.

I think the service is great. There have been a few times I've had to go back to CR's site because of missing subs. But, they are always working to make the service better. I seldom visit CR or Funi's site anymore.

• There are a few things that VRV is missing, though. While it gets practically all of their new shows, there are a few of Funimation's back catalog shows that are missing. Also, unless they've changed something recently, they don't support supertitles (or subtitles for music lyrics and on-screen text), making certain shows such as Ping Pong, Devil is a Part-timer, Drifters, and occasionally Star Blazers almost impossible to watch properly.

Other than that, though, it's a great deal.

• there's no reason to pay for Crunchyroll and VRV, because you can link accounts. unfortunately you can't link VRV to Funimation and shows like Dragonball are not on VRV

• @HOOfan1 said in VRV any good?:

there's no reason to pay for Crunchyroll and VRV, because you can link accounts. unfortunately you can't link VRV to Funimation and shows like Dragonball are not on VRV

Not classic Dragon Ball, but they did add Super just recently.

• @SpacemanHardy said in VRV any good?:

There are a few things that VRV is missing, though. While it gets practically all of their new shows, there are a few of Funimation's back catalog shows that are missing. Also, unless they've changed something recently, they don't support supertitles (or subtitles for music lyrics and on-screen text), making certain shows such as Ping Pong, Devil is a Part-timer, Drifters, and occasionally Star Blazers almost impossible to watch properly.

Other than that, though, it's a great deal.

They also, for the most part, don't get any of the uncut version of Funimation's anime, mostly just the broadcast versions. The only exceptions seems to be for the ones that came out before VRV launched.