Stop giving robotic responses to support requests

• I find funimation support extremely annoying to deal with. The messages ALWAYS come off as robotic and pre-written, and the questions asked are more often than not things I stated in the initial inquiry, and often new questions are repeated asking the same thing. Finally, they tend to "close" cases without EVER actually fixing anything.

and the same time, how about you stop locking threads where people are talking about bugs? You clearly don't have anyone other than bots handling technical support, so when I am having a problem I'd like to be able to read about others who had the same problems, and just as I start to read about workarounds I come across the posts where moderators lock the threads.

I am dealing with buffering issues on the PS4 and Android apps, regardless of speed. On the same devices where I get buffering issues I get full speed at high quality in a browser, but the bar on the bottom won't go away. "Support" is useless, doesn't take anything that anyone says seriously, and issues never get added to your lists of known issues.

The impression this gives me overall is that Funimation is trying to make it's services seem more stable than it actually is by censoring discussion about problems. Since I have to be a paid subscriber to use certain apps apparently I have no way of knowing if anything is fixed without first re-activating my subscription and then seeing if it works or not. If it doesn't, then I just wasted my money. If I could read about the problems people are having recently by searching for threads on the topic and seeing if anyone is having recent issues I could save my money, so basically I am left with the impression that Funimation is scamming me.

Meanwhile, I have no problems with Netflix or Youtube or Hulu or Amazon with full HD on any device whatsoever. Funimation is the ONLY service that seems to screw with it's customers like this.

Even if this isn't intentional, that is the impression it leaves me with, so if any real person is hired to read anything at all, maybe take note of this and improve the way you interact with your customers and respond to problems your customers are having.

• Bug threads are locked if one already exists. It helps to cut down on forum clutter if one main thread exists for each issue

• @Elliander said in Stop giving robotic responses to support requests:

The messages ALWAYS come off as robotic and pre-written, and the questions asked are more often than not things I stated in the initial inquiry, and often new questions are repeated asking the same thing. Finally, they tend to "close" cases without EVER actually fixing anything.

I agree with you. It just seems like all support answers are all robotic and pre-written. Its as if they can't personally write their own response to specifically address your needs. Like they can only choose from a list of existing answers where they just fill in some blanks.

That is why I am hesitant to use the contact form, because i'm not satisfied with the responses they give.

• Tech problems are often really hard to diagnose.

People, for some reason, like to ask me why something wouldn't be working and all I can really say is "other than saying the stupid obvious 'have you tried turning it off and on again?' I won't be able to help without seeing the problem."

The copy pasta that tech supports use, i'm willing to bet, probably fixes the problem(s) for most people.

I'm not a software person though.

• @Elliander As I said in the main PS4 thread, the reason why you are experiencing buffering on the PS4 app is because your internet connection download speed does not meet the minimum speed required. I was told that Customer Support did provide you with this information.

• @Sophie These kind of posts happen rather frequently, talking about the robotic nature of the information requested by support, so I just came up with a BRILLIANT idea (if I do say so myself). Why not create a sticky in the help forum explaining the details of the support process??? If that were done, every time we see one of these repetitive, always saying the same thing, "stop giving robotic responses" type posts, we could simply link them to it where all the information is provided.

THEN, we'd have a "repetitive answer" to provide for a "repetitive question" about a "repetitive request" for issues which have already been "repetitively answered".

• @pleco_breeder said in Stop giving robotic responses to support requests:

@Sophie These kind of posts happen rather frequently, talking about the robotic nature of the information requested by support, so I just came up with a BRILLIANT idea (if I do say so myself). Why not create a sticky in the help forum explaining the details of the support process???

But nobody reads st-

THEN, we'd have a "repetitive answer" to provide for a "repetitive question" about a "repetitive request" for issues which have already been "repetitively answered".

Ooh.