Issues with queue

• I seem to find across all platforms the same problems in the "my queue" section of FunimationNow. Either a certain show or episode may end and not actually read as having been finished even if it has, or you'll have a massive backlog of shows that haven't been finished even if you just watched one episode. There should be an option to clear select episodes or shows from your queue.

• I'll add my voice to having this same problem. Very annoying to see completed episodes still 'waiting to be viewed'.

• It is already possible to remove Shows from your Queue, but it can only be done on the website. Please go to https://www.funimation.com/account/#queue to manage your Queue. Then refresh the Queue screen on the app.

The issue with the watch next logic is known. It's because the player isn't recording enough progress for the previous episode when you marathon to the next episode. A video's progress is determined to be "complete" when the video has been watched to the next whole minute after 95% of duration. Because of the bug, though, this progress is not recorded when the player marathons. To get around this for now, you can scrub to just before the last whole minute mark of an episode and let the player play through that mark. Then exit the player before it marathons.

I'm not sure I understand this statement: "or you'll have a massive backlog of shows that haven't been finished even if you just watched one episode." If you've only watched one episode of a Show in your Queue, why would the Show read as "finished"? Wouldn't you want it to say "Watch Next: Episode 2"?

Also, we will be introducing filters to Queue a bit later, which should hopefully help with working through your to watch list.

• I too am encountering this problem. I watch an episode - I even watch it all the way thru the end credits until the screen goes white. I even let it sit on the blank end screen for three or four minutes. Then I go back to my queue and it's listed as "Continue Watching." ARRGH! And while it's stuck in that mode, it won't let me know if a new episode shows up. I'm currently having that problem with both "Garo" and "Citrus." I've tried Sophie's suggestion of replaying the last few minutes several times, letting it go all the way to the end (and frankly, a paying customer should really not have to jump through these kinds of hoops just to make something work properly) but nope- still marked as "Continue." Please - either fix this bug or give us a way to mark episodes as "watched" so the queue will actually work in alerting us to new eps. Thank you.

• @Otaku-Jiisan Thank you for trying and for reporting what happened. I'll have our QA team see if they can reproduce the issue. Could you please tell me which episode you watched all the way to the end? Is it always the latest episode? Does the issue happen if you watch the first episode all the way to the end?

Do you see the "Continue Watching" and the episode you just watched on its Show Detail or is it just on Queue?

• I watched "GARO" Episode 13 all the way to the end. It showed in my queue as "Continue" so I went back and started it again, jumped to a couple of minutes from the end, and let it play to the end once more. I even left it there a few minutes so that Funi would register it as complete. But when I went back to my queue, it still shows "Continue." And when I check the Show Detail it only shows the ep as half-completed.

I did the same things with "Citrus" Ep 01. Same problem. If it helps, I am on a Mac, using Firefox, latest version. It does not happen with every episode, but enough so that it becomes frustrating. It is especially problematic with shorts.

• TLDR; I'm not able to reproduce the prefix text issue. This is what we call "Continue Watching", "Watch Next", and "Watched".

Long Version:

I have found out that the web player is actually posting every 2 minutes right now instead of every minute while we work out the performance issue. So many people watching at once causes a lot of posts to history, which is overloading things. The apps are still posting every minute.

So, to get something to register as complete on the web player, you need to skip to the whole-minute mark that is 2 minutes before the end, and then let it play through until it reaches 95% of duration. Complete is not triggered at the end of a video. This is more problematic on the shorts as you've noted, but that's just how it is for those for now until we can work on certain feature updates.

Testing in Chrome on Windows 10:
    I marathoned through episode 5 of Fairy Tail and stopped before it marathoned to 6. My Queue and the Show Detail both correctly displayed "Watch Next Episode 6".

I tested on Garo Vanishing Line 13 and Citrus episode 1 and was unable to reproduce the issue. The site correctly updated to "Watched" in My Queue and on the Show Detail on both. For Citrus, I skipped to 20 minutes. For Garo, I skipped to 21 minutes.

I'm having our QA Team test Mac/Firefox.

• @Sophie

No. It only happens on certain episodes and only using Firefox (from what I can tell.) I can generally clear them by rewatching the last few minutes on my Android app or on Chrome. (I just tested all these.) So what I'm simply reporting is there appears to be a bug with Funi's player in Firefox. Not a major issue I suppose but Firefox IS the second-most popular browser, and it might be worth fixing.

• OK. Thanks for the update. Which Mac OS are you on?

• @Sophie
    Yosemite - 10.10.5

• Thank you!

• And... now it is happening again. I think all the various browsers updated (your IT people must groan when that happens) but I have had trouble clearing recently watched shows out of my queue again - I tried playing them to completion on both Firefox and Chrome and no dice. I was able to successfully get "Darling in the FRANXX" to register as "Watched" by playing it again on my Android app, but I'm not having any luck with GARO. Just letting you know.

Once again, a polite request for some way to simply toggle an episode as "Watched" without having to replay it multiple times.

• Hi. I'm having a similar problem with the Continue Watching / Recently Watched sections on both the Roku and Android apps. I play the first episode of some show and decide I want to keep watching it. I don't put it in my queue because it's now at the front of the Continue and Recent list and easy to get to. In the queue, it goes to the back of the list and I have to scroll and scroll and well :) you get it. The problem with the Continue and Recent list is two fold. One is if the show is a completed series (like Full Metal Panic!) the last episode never leaves the list. The last episode just sits there like it's the next in line. Two is if the show is a on going series (like Dagashi 2 or Star Blazers) and you play the last posted of the still coming out show the show disappears from those list. That's the total opposite of what I would expect and find useful. The only way that I've found to get that final series episode gone is to get on the web site and remove it from my history in my user account section.

I'm using Android 6.0.1 and Funi app 1.2.0 and a 2016 Roku 3 with Funi App 2.0.1038. Also I'm not sure if this is related to deleting the item from my history on the web site or being logged in on three devices at the same time but I had to re-login to both apps after closing and reopening them. BTW, I would also like to see the ability to have more options to manipulate the list in the apps.

• @xdnow Thank you for reporting.

@xdnow said in Issues with queue:

In the queue, it goes to the back of the list and I have to scroll and scroll and well :) you get it.

Queue will always follow the order you have them set on the website. The order does not change based on your watch history, so no bug there. However, perhaps we can introduce a sort or a setting to change the default sort to based on watch history instead of always following the custom order.

The problem with the Continue and Recent list is two fold. One is if the show is a completed series (like Full Metal Panic!) the last episode never leaves the list. The last episode just sits there like it's the next in line.

Working as intended. The site has no way of knowing that a Show is truly done, especially now that we do simulcasts. The way to know that it is done is the prefix text will say "Watched". If it doesn't, let me know, so I can have QA try to reproduce the issue.

Yes, the way is to remove a video from your history, but really you shouldn't need to unless you just really hate finished shows being in there. Anything you're watching should be ahead of a Show that you have finished because watch history is supposed to be in descending order of watched timestamp. If it's just that you don't want them to appear, we could add a setting to have them not display.

Two is if the show is a on going series (like Dagashi 2 or Star Blazers) and you play the last posted of the still coming out show the show disappears from those list.

That's weird and sounds like a bug that has been reported that I've been having trouble reproducing. Could you please post exact numbered steps to reproduce?

BTW, I would also like to see the ability to have more options to manipulate the list in the apps.

Which options would you like and on which apps?

• I am having the same problem with Chobits. When I am finished viewing episode 13, it is still up there in the queue.

• I have endless problems with the "Continue Watching " feature.

I have had episodes that I watched never show up in my history, so the continue watching will start the episode I have already watched instead of the next one.

When it does at least recognize that I watched an episode, it seems to choose a random point in the episode to mark that I stopped at, so that it will only give me the continue watching at that point instead of the next episode. This point will not change by reloading the episode and watching to any other point.

This issue, coupled with the fact that the ability to choose another episode from the player, makes getting to the episode you actually want to watch really cumbersome. I have to go to the show page and manually click through the seasons to find the next episode.

• I have noticed that this is somewhat cyclic. Something happens on Sunday night or Monday and it works normally for a while. I can go back to any "Continue" episode and finish it without problem. By Wednesday I have to finish an episode several times before it moves on to "Watch Next." Also, opening a show marked as "Continue" will restart from the beginning. In fact, any time I try to finish off a show, if it does not start from where it thinks I left off, it will never complete. And now, on Sunday, I can watch the entire next episode (I just finished episode 4 of Anime-Gataris) but my queue still says Continue Episode 3.

I have several computers I use: one Win7, two Win10, 1 XP, 1 chromebook, 1 Samsung tablet. I get the same issues with Firefox, Chrome and IE 11. It updates correctly across all machines as in if it says Continue at 12 min in on one machine it will be that way no matter what I open next.

• @Sophie said in Issues with queue:

you need to skip to the whole-minute mark that is 2 minutes before the end, and then let it play through until it reaches 95% of duration.

So for a 24 minute episode, 95% is 22 minutes and 48 seconds. So I should be able to set it 21:30 and play through to 23:30, stop the player and exist to make it as complete?

It doesn't seem to work for me.

• Here I am, Monday afternoon in the US and all shows are updating perfectly again.
    It's weird and has become something that people have learned to just deal with it seems.

• Thursday it took two tries per episode for the queue to finish. Now Friday and it seems to have stopped updating altogether again. I watch Episode 4 and managed to get the queue to save it at 21:30 into the episode yet after 12 (yes, 12) times of starting it back at 20 minutes and letting it run through credits but NOT going on to marathon the next it has yet to up date.

I went on to the next after growing board with the experiment. I am 16:23 minutes into episode 5. My queue still says Continue Episode 4.

I am looking forward to Monday.

BTW, does anyone actually care? I am used to my IT department ... we love to find little puzzles like this. Maybe I'm just reading into it but is seems like no one really gives a flying Foxtrot about the issues here as long as the customers can work around or simply put up with it. That's not meant to be a rant as much as just ... well, I feel sad and little bit of pity that moral has been ground down that bad.

Anyway, I'll quit adding my little prods after this.

• @Dominoris

I'd say that you shouldn't expect anything that isn't completely unusable on the website to be fixed. At this point, I feel like they don't really care about optimizing the streaming experience (especially the website), since they would prefer you just buy it on home video.

It seems the only Funimation employee that checks the forum is Sophie, who is awesome for doing that at all, since it isn't even her job, and there is only so much she can do.