WHY ARE THERE NO SUBTITLES

• WHY ARE THERE NO SUBTITLES ON YOUR 7 DEADLY SINS BLU RAY here a suggestion do guys do understand that there is constant changes in volume in anime right? They could go from whisper to hardcore action in a second I'm play a game with the volume for ur blu ray it sad that even tho I have the blu ray I went back to watching on Netflix because they atleast have something thing as basic as subtitles you guys want to overcharge the shit out of your anime I mean damn copy and paste the text from the Japanese voices I mean u guys are so lazy you can't even do that?

EDIT: Please do not spam F-bombs on the forums. -SH

• Are you sure the blu ray doesn't have a subtitles option? Maybe you're confusing them with closed captions? It's usually not possible to play English audio and Japanese subtitles simultaneously.

Some Funimation releases do have a bit more dynamic range than I'd prefer though, so I see what you're saying with the audio game. It's not a matter of laziness or incompetence though, no need to go nuclear.

• @MyOnlyFarph yes I'm am sure there are no SUBTITLES for the English dub the only f****** thing it brings up is English audio Japanese audio and Spanish audio. If choose English there is no option for SUBTITLES and yes I have checked multiply times and you guys are lazy and didt not add any SUBTITLES for English audio

• This has been asked for before. You can bring up English subtitles while watching the dub, but those subtitles will not match the dub's script.

• @daj4 You're talking about closed captions, not subtitles. Subtitles translate non-English audio and signs, closed captions are the English script primarily for the hard of hearing.

If you bring up the Japanese audio option subtitles should follow, unless there was a major error when producing the disc. I don't own it so I can't verify.

• Sometimes you can make closed captions for the English dub appear by enabling them on your TV remote. However, I don't think a separate closed caption track accessed via the disc menu has been included on any Funimation release in a long time.

@JayHairston Can we get this suggestion to the right people?

• @Sophie said in WHY ARE THERE NO SUBTITLES:

Sometimes you can make closed captions for the English dub appear by enabling them on your TV remote. However, I don't think a separate closed caption track accessed via the disc menu has been included on any Funimation release in a long time.

@JayHairston Can we get this suggestion to the right people?

We had this conversation earlier.

I tried with a few titles, Haganai and Corpse Princess I believe. I couldn't get any Close Captions either through my TV, or through the CC option on PS4.

Technically Closed Caption is still a little different than Subtitles. Subtitles will usually only show the dialogue, closed caption will also describe sounds as well as music playing.

• Yes, I thought I remembered talking about here if the closed caption button could be used. Thank you for confirming.