Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid legal stream?

• I don't think there is just thought I'd see if anyone here knows of something I'm missing. Also seems like Amazon steams every season but this one it's very odd.

• Probably legal stuff going on behind the scenes preventing them securing a copyright. I think there was some issue the studio that made it was having with one of the voice actors. The fact that Anime Strike got shut down probably isn't helping things either. Honestly though....it's not all that great a show anyway and it didn't even finish the main plot, it just drops you in the middle of a tournament without any resolution or continuation, Totally skippable if you want to just move on to Vivid Strike.

• @MRy27 said in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid legal stream?:

I don't think there is just thought I'd see if anyone here knows of something I'm missing. Also seems like Amazon steams every season but this one it's very odd.

Unlike the other Nanoha titles, it was handled by Aniplex (and produced by A-1 Studios instead of Seven Arcs). This was shortly after Aniplex of Japan appeared to adopt a policy of not licensing anything to this side of the globe except to Aniplex of America (which means if they were not interested, we didn't get it). The third Dog Days series was another victim of that.

• @TheAncientOne thanks for the info and that is a shame. Hopefully one day we will get a legal means for watching the show.

• This is probably why Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and Dog Days are not getting licensed, because of Aniplex. I don't know why Aniplex adopted a policy of only licensing its properties to Aniplex USA, and no one else. Because Aniplex USA is not interested in licensing those anime, that means we will never ever get a home video release or even a dub.

• @Spaceshotx7 I doubt it would get a dub either way since StrikerS did not get one. Although it would be sweet if StrikerS, Vivid, and Vivid Strike all did get dubs. Who knows now that Funi is part of the Sony family it may happen (however not sure how they would get StrikerS and Vivid Strike...also not sure where to watch the dub for the first 2 series ). But its best not to sweat the details when having irrational dreams. Also looks like Funi distributed the first 2 series (Geneon Licence)

• @MRy27 Strikers didn't even get a home video release.

It would be nice if the MGLN Franchise would get fully licensed and dubbed. Maybe the voice actors can reprise their roles.