Why are most episodes of My Hime in Japanese

• I tried playing My Hime, and this seems to be a mistake. While the first few episodes are dubbed, the rest of the episodes are in Japanese. What is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me.

Why was the Japanese raw audio uploaded instead of the English audio?

• It's not just you.

There's an obvious problem, that support should be notified for a correction to be applied.

• Please send in a ticket to www.funimation.com/contact-us and let the tech team know about the issue. Please try to specify the exact episode in which the language change happens.

I'll contact FunimationHelp on Twitter directly and let them know about it.

• I don't want to use the contact us form because they always respond with the same form responses over and over again. They don't personally respond with a personally written one from scratch. The response is a pre-written template where you just insert the recipient or episode name or numbers into it.

I want them to get to the bottom of this.

• As long as the problem is fixed, why does it matter how they respond?

• @Spaceshotx7 said in Why are most episodes of My Hime in Japanese:

I don't want to use the contact us form because they always respond with the same form responses over and over again. They don't personally respond with a personally written one from scratch. The response is a pre-written template where you just insert the recipient or episode name or numbers into it.

I want them to get to the bottom of this.

While I don't speak for Funimation or their CS team I can tell you being involved in Technical Support/CS for the last 12 years that template emails are standard from I can tell. They are a lot of reasons for them. We use them for several reasons where I work (name won't be mentioned). First is that we have different clients we handle via different teams/groups at our company so we need to use a template that our client tells us to use per the contract when we either respond to emails or send emails to customers. Second, is that a lot of time is saved this way. When you calls in queue and SLA (Service Level Argreements) and ASA (Average Speed of Answers) agreements to meet or risk monetary penalties or loss of client at the end of contract period you need to streamline your operations as much as possible to meet those contracted agreements.

• It's a known error. Rest assured the team is handling it!

• @Spaceshotx7 I will talk to Customer Service to see about the templates being used when I meet with them this week. Templates are basically a necessity, though. I used them all the time when I did tech support for the site. However, I would usually tweak them a bit to fit the situation.

However, if you don't report using the form, then the proper staff will never be notified.

• @Sophie Why do customer service agents have to reply with pre-written templates instead of personally composing an e-mail from scratch that would be more helpful in what the problem is, and what you want them to do?

Anyway, when will the My hime episodes be fixed? haven't tried playing the episodes again since Sunday.

• @Spaceshotx7 said in Why are most episodes of My Hime in Japanese:

@Sophie Why do customer service agents have to reply with pre-written templates instead of personally composing an e-mail from scratch

Would you rather they respond in a day with a template or take a week because they need to write out an email for every single person? Most of the time the first email they send is them trying to get all relevant information to try and duplicate the issue so they can figure out what's causing it and find a fix. Using templates makes every step quicker.

• @Spaceshotx7 if I had to guess not any time soon. I remember when overlord was missing an episode and I waited three weeks for them to add it. I ended up just buying the show so who knows how much longer it took them to fix. I love Funi but support does not seem to be their strong suit.

• @Spaceshotx7 I will be meeting with the Customer Support Team to go over the responses you have been given.

To answer your question, take the time it takes a completely customized response to be written and multiply that by 1000. Then also consider that they will often receive multiple reports about the same issue, they are not allowed to go off template because they are a third-party company, and they are not developers. I'm not saying that this justifies you receiving an undesirable response. I'm just trying to explain why you perhaps received that response. However,

With a customer support team, we can respond more quickly, but inevitably the quality of each response can go down and may require more responses. This just means that we need to find better ways of training and to provide the team with better tools and more freedom. We are in the process of doing this.

Episode fixes take a bit longer on this version of the site and largely depend on how soon we are notified and the nature of the issue.

• The CS templates are much better than they have been, actually. I recently reported an error with subtitles and the issue was addressed same day. I haven't checked yet to see if the subs were fixed for the episode that had a problem, though. That issue was with the subtitles for Hundred Episode 10 where the OP lyrics started appearing during the scene before the OP even started. In the past, they would normally just say thank you with no reference to your feedback and that it would be forwarded to the tech team. Now, they gave a response re-interating the issue and that it was submitted to the tech team.

• @Sophie said in Why are most episodes of My Hime in Japanese:

@Spaceshotx7 I will be meeting with the Customer Support Team to go over the responses you have been given.

To answer your question, take the time it takes a completely customized response to be written and multiply that by 1000. Then also consider that they will often receive multiple reports about the same issue, they are not allowed to go off template because they are a third-party company, and they are not developers. I'm not saying that this justifies you receiving an undesirable response. I'm just trying to explain why you perhaps received that response. However,

With a customer support team, we can respond more quickly, but inevitably the quality of each response can go down and may require more responses. This just means that we need to find better ways of training and to provide the team with better tools and more freedom. We are in the process of doing this.

Episode fixes take a bit longer on this version of the site and largely depend on how soon we are notified and the nature of the issue.

So your probably using some sort of call center outsourcing firm for customer service that is most likely not located in the United States, and is instead located in a Third World country for cleap, foreign labor. What third party call center company do you use?

Also, its probably that due to the number of responses, you can't do a personal response, only. Only a pre-written generic response where you fill in the blanks. I wonder how those templates are sent? Is it like a special program, where there is a list of type of responses, and then you just fill in the blanks and sent it, so each inquiry can be responded to in 60 seconds or less?

• @Sophie https://www.funimation.com/forum/topic/15317/language/16 I should have labeled my title better. With that said as in the past you or some other nice MOD on here when asking about other shows that have issues told me it was a streaming right issue so I thought maybe funimation only could do those episodes and not the rest maybe? Glad my post got other people to notice it maybe but I sent in a ticket after I knew it was wrong so thx to helpful member on here!

• It appears to have been fixed now.

• Now we just have to wait for My-Otome to be fixed.