2017 Anime Ladies Tournament – Round 2 - Match 26 - VOTING CLOSED

• Cast your vote for the lady that will move on to the next round!. The voting will remain open until 12:00 pm Mountain Time tomorrow.
    You must post your vote, as well as the current score after taking your vote into account. Please note clearly who you are voting for, either by making a comment or by highlighting your vote in the score tally. You may only vote once, and once you post you cannot change your vote. The first to 10 points or the highest score after 24 hours wins.
    Our competitors!
    Sakura Kinomoto
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    alt text
    Mirei Kudō
    *When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace *
    alt text
    Sakura – 0
    Mirei – 0

• Sakura – 1
    Mirei – 0

• Sakura – 2
    Mirei – 0

alt text

• Sakura – 3
    Mirei – 0

• Sakura – 4
    Mirei – 0

• Sakura - 4
    Mirei - 1

guess I should have nominated girls from more well known anime....

• Sakura - 4
    Mirei - 2

• @HOOfan1 said in 2017 Anime Ladies Tournament – Round 2 - Match 26:

Actually, I think Clear Card brought CCS back into the limelight.

• @GalaxyCrisis said in 2017 Anime Ladies Tournament – Round 2 - Match 26:

@HOOfan1 said in 2017 Anime Ladies Tournament – Round 2 - Match 26:

Actually, I think Clear Card brought CCS back into the limelight.

I was talking about Inou Battle

• @HOOfan1 I know. I'm saying there's more votes for Sakura now because of this season's Clear Card, not necessarily because the other series isn't very well-known.

• As the person who nominated Sakura, I am more then happy to explain why I nominated her, because she is legitimately one of my favorite female characters from anime.

alt text

Sakura is this endearing mix of adorable, innocent, selfless, loyal and unlike a lot of characters that go for this trope, she isn't annoying and she's actually quite capable and intelligent. At least, as much as we can expect from a child. We see her problem solving her way through things over the course of the series while catching cards. We see that she actually has some natural athletic talent that she has worked for.

When Sakura doesn't succeed right away at something she works until she is able to overcome that obstacle. As a kid, I looked up to her big time, and she has managed to withstand the test of time. Even though it's been a long time since I first viewed the show, back when I was in elementary school, I still remember the show primarily for her character.

There is also no denying her influence on the anime medium as a whole. Cardcaptor Sakura is a majorly influential show, one that many people have loved and adored for many, many years and the characters of the show are a huge part of that. She's such a beloved character that they made Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles to reuse her and Syaoran in a different storyline. I am honestly not sure why that is being implied to be a bad thing? I would have nominated her whether Clear Card was coming out or not. I just happen to prefer her over the characters of Supernatural Battles which, personally, I didn't like very much. It's not like there's really anything riding on the tournaments, it's all in good fun! Goodness knows I have had picks, like Sana, where she got one nomination and was immediately kicked out because not many people remember or have seen Kodocha!

alt text

Anyways, that's my two cents.

• @emdier said i
    Supernatural Battles which, personally, I didn't like very much. It's

You made Hotoko and Mirei cry

(http://pa1.narvii.com/6214/4dd07daa7b26257424b73b52764a904bff18d712_hq.gif)

alt text

• Sakura-4
    Mirei-3

• Sakura-4
    Mirei-4

• Sakura-5
    Mirei-4

Sakura is just to adorable to not vote for her.