ghost in the shell arise vs Ova

• what is the difference between the 10 episodes of ghost in the shell arise and the 4 ova episodes??? Which one do i watch first

• Episodes 1-8 of the TV series are basically just the televised version of the 4 OVAs. There's really no difference.

Episodes 9 and 10 basically make up a new "fifth OVA" with some new material that flows into the Ghost in the Shell: New Movie.

• @mattycarson

It's also known as the Pyrophoric Cult Arc

• Well they pulled the series down and are only showing the OVA's now . Funi seems to be doing that a lot on the Ghost series .

• @sirbiscuit The series is still there, it's just hidden somewhat. Go to the Arise page, change "OVA" to "Alternative Architecture", set the Language to "Japanese" and the Version to "Simulcast" and they should pop up.

• If I remember right it looks like the order of episodeswas different too. For some reason the story arc for episode 4 "Ghost Stand Alone" is the first arc in Alternative Architecture, which doesn't make much sense.

More importantly when is Funi going to release the Pyrophoric Cult Arc either as part of Alternate Architecture or on it's own, so I can fill the story hole in my collection between the OVA and The New Movie?

• @Kruszer said in ghost in the shell arise vs Ova:

If I remember right it looks like the order of episodeswas different too. For some reason the story arc for episode 4 "Ghost Stand Alone" is the first arc in Alternative Architecture, which doesn't make much sense.

More importantly when is Funi going to release the Pyrophoric Cult Arc either as part of Alternate Architecture or on it's own, so I can the story hole in my collection between the OVA and The New Movie?

I actually imported the Pyrophoric Cult Blu-Ray since it has English Subs on it.

• @Series5Ranger said in ghost in the shell arise vs Ova:

@Kruszer said in ghost in the shell arise vs Ova:

If I remember right it looks like the order of episodeswas different too. For some reason the story arc for episode 4 "Ghost Stand Alone" is the first arc in Alternative Architecture, which doesn't make much sense.

More importantly when is Funi going to release the Pyrophoric Cult Arc either as part of Alternate Architecture or on it's own, so I can the story hole in my collection between the OVA and The New Movie?

I actually imported the Pyrophoric Cult Blu-Ray since it has English Subs on it.

Not a bad idea, I may do that. I've imported things before as well, like the last 3 Blu-rays for Yamato 2199 when Voyager dropped the ball.

• @SpacemanHardy That worked ! Thanks a lot....

• @Series5Ranger said in ghost in the shell arise vs Ova:

@Kruszer said in ghost in the shell arise vs Ova:

saw the Blu-ray at my local BestBuy last week . Surprising that it's cheaper there (by $4.00) than thru Funi directly . I picked up the Anniversary Edition of the movie Ghost in the Shell for $9.99 too .