Language ?

• @Sophie Is this a bug or just how it's supposed to be IDK? and maybe someone else might know?? I just started My-Hime with episodes 1-6 playing in English then on episode 7 and up is Japanese? When I go to language it shows it set to English and when I click it to see it doesn't even show Japanese but only English yet it's plays in Japanese. I went on the PC to look and same on there so is this a bug and should it be reported or is one of those issues where Funimation can't do it?

• Also if I may ask why when looking at new anime shows it shows my-hime episode 11 added 1 day 20 hours ago tho when I look it goes up to episode 26??

• Looking when I start to play a episode it shows uncut English but doesn't play in English? Is this one of those shows that over time will play in English just not yet?

• Context

“At Otakon 2013, Funimation Entertainment had announced that they have rescued My-HiME, along with a handful of other former BEI titles.[1]They also announced at the 2017 New York Comic Con that they will release My-HiMe, My-Otome, and a My-Otome Zwei + My-Otome 0: S.ifr pack, all on Blu-Ray + DVD combo packs on January 8, 2018.[2]”

Hello Man 123,

I definitely saw what you were talking about, it’s funny. The episode in question was entitled “Lost Kittens” - - more like lost the English dub, lol. Just on the surface of it, looks like a lot of “hands” were involved with this; i didn’t recognize any of the voice talent, looks like Studio Sunrise was in charge. Perhaps a decision was made that more resources are not to be dedicated to this project, at least for now. I mean, it’s Jan 13, and, i don’t see any offering in the FUNi store yet…

I watched a little of episode 2, and it was like this yellow-haired girl yelling at the other girl and i was like, “Whoa, i’m not 100% sure what’s going on here, but, i’m pretty sure she has to calm down.” Next, it was like, “What am i watching”? Pretty sure she needs some soothing vibes and to take a cue from Gab (laughs) ;-)

Regards,
    P.J.

• @P.J. said in Language ?:

i didn’t recognize any of the voice talent

This was dubbed in Calgary back when Bandai first released it, eons ago.

• Hi Nobu! :-D

• Odd... a listing on amazon: http://a.co/8ql8L6M, but, not the FUNimation store? Additionally, language listed as Japanese with English subtitles, yet, English voice talent listed in Amazon description?:

Caitlynne Medre, Carol-Anne Day, Cheryl McMaster

Edit: Okay, i'm now seeing an entry, maybe i didn't put the dash between My and Hime before:

https://www.funimation.com/shop/home-video/my-hime-the-complete-series-combo-bld-00576/

However, for now, appears to be out-of-stock and backordered:

0_1515841336393_My Hime.jpg

I also didn't see a link to buy it from the show's page? For example, when you go to the show page for Bamboo Blade, if you scroll down, there is an offering to buy the S.A.V.E version.

• All this said, doesn't definitively answer what is going on with respect to the dubbing situation...

We will probably need the final answer from administration here, but, perhaps it is the case where some episodes were dubbed, so, therefore, they list those voice actors/ actresses, but, say (after project monies ran dry) the rest will just be subtitled, and, to not give false expectations, they just list it as Language: Japanese, Subtitles: English.

Overall, i tried to answer OP's question(s), don't judge me.

• @P.J. said in Language ?:

We will probably need the final answer from administration here, but, perhaps it is the case where some episodes were dubbed, so, therefore, they list those voice actors/ actresses, but, say (after project monies ran dry) the rest will just be subtitled, and, to not give false expectations, they just list it as Language: Japanese, Subtitles: English.

Both series were fully dubbed, as I recall. I viewed them on DVD rentals from Netflix back in 2008 & 2009.

• Both series were fully dubbed,

This is correct.
    After confirming fatman's problem for myself, my advice would be to report the issue to Customer Support and stop running to the forum for every little problem.

• @Nobu said in Language ?:

Both series were fully dubbed,

This is correct.
    After confirming fatman's problem for myself, my advice would be to report the issue to Customer Support and stop running to the forum for every little problem.

Normally I do report but call me crazy for asking first tho if I do report the issue in a ticket It will be nice to link this thread into the ticket. To all who tested thx making a ticket!

• crazy

There.

• Eh, sometimes it's easier to confirm if other people are having the same problem or if it's due to some kind of fault on the user's end first, than tying up customer service. I always feel like I'm bothering people when I do that personally.

• At least for the sake of Man 123, hopefully, that is correct or i have a feeling that there will be problems… I mean, i could put up with either dub or sub, however, information presented from Amazon’s page as well as the back of the DVD leave things unsettled: 0_1516006145385_Amazon and back cover of DVD Info.jpg
    Even in FUNimation’s description:
    0_1516006248366_FUNimation's Description for My Hime.JPG

Now, does that mean yes, this will be available fully in BOTH English/ Japanese, OR, are they covering themselves by listing both because they know (as witnessed by the streaming) that, at a certain point, it will switch over exclusively to Japanese?

Also, Ancient, what you witnessed in 2008/ 2009 would that be relevant for what FUNimation is currently releasing?

I don’t know, would be nice to have a final word from either Jay, Sophie, or Spaceman Hardy on this one.

Another inconsistency i noticed is that on the back cover it indicates that the person attended:
    0_1516006499612_Academy Spelling.JPG

However, according to the Wikipedia page, it should be spelled like the anime series Fuuka:

0_1516006670929_Wikipedia excerpt.JPG

Sincerely,
    P.J.

• holy shit dude, stop over-complicating this. they have the dub. it's available for streaming on this website and it will be available on the BD release

• Getchman explains,

“stop over-complicating this. they have the dub. it's available for streaming on this website and it will be available on the BD release.”

Hello once again Getchman,

How are you? Sorry if my post offends, just trying to get to the bottom of this since there was the inconsistency in streaming and what i saw recently on Amazon. I mean, if Man 123 is willing to shell out the money for this title, would be nice to authoritatively know. Side note- do you happen to be a FUNimation employee?

Hoping this post finds you well,

Sincerely,
    P.J.