Disconnected from network

• I seriously don’t understand why I can’t watch one episode without getting this error message? I have extremely high speed internet and I know it’s not on my side because Hulu and Netflix NEVER give me issues but this Funimation app will NOT just let me watch my shows without getting the error message saying I’m disconnected from network. As soon as I click retry it instantly starts playing again so why is it coming up in the first place? I am not one to ever post on forums but seriously this app should be free for how much it crashes and how buggy it is.

• @SpacemanHardy I can understand frustration over connection issues, but this has been posted three times (literally copy/paste), and is the only message the user has ever posted in the forum. It's officially crossed the line into SPAM

• Different sub forums with a very valid complaint doesn't really seem like spam to me... It's pretty common to read about and experience disconnections and buffering way more often than one should with this type of service. He's simply holding a paid service accountable.

• @Rylocke yea I’m having that exact same issue as of right now. I’ve been jumping though hoops to get this app to work on ps4 and I’m just getting the same “You have been disconnected from the network” message, for the past 3 days!!

• @Namel3ss90 Getting the same message on PS4, also the recently added section has shown anime added 6+ years ago for several weeks. Judging by the amount of time it takes them to fix things on the PS4 app no one uses it I suppose. /s

• @Rylocke As said in my post, "I can understand the frustration over connection issues", but it doesn't change the fact that it's being posted repetitively by the same user, I can't say for sure, but fairly confident that the other user that posted in this thread is the same one because they are posting responses to the same spam messages already posted.

I also don't claim they shouldn't be holding Funimation accountable for issues with a paid service, but there are proper ways to deal with it that don't interfere with forum users that are here to use this aspect of the service. There are platform specific "known issues" threads, the support "contact us" form (which I admit is notoriously slow and doesn't usually respond after getting your system information), and social media accounts for support on both Facebook and Twitter for users which also use those. I literally started a Twitter account, which I don't use for any other purpose, just to be able to contact support.

Even with all of that, I recently spent 10 days with nothing but buffering (literally never playing the first second of a video) on a straight out of the box updated to the latest version of both the platform and app PS4. Prior to mentioning it now, it has only been mentioned on this forum once in the proper thread. There was no spamming of the forum to interfere with the other users, and honestly that's all that the repetitive messaging of a copy/paste issue accomplishes. Posting in multiple places doesn't change when someone from Funimation is going to see the message, and most likely any Funimation staff won't be back to work to see any of the messages till Monday at the earliest.

As far as I'm aware, @Sophie and @JayHairston are the only actual employees which currently frequent the forum. There used to be others, but don't think I've seen them post anything in a VERY long time. Especially with a weekend problem, even if it has been going for a while before attempting contact, other means are going to get the fastest response.

• I’m having the same connection issues. I try to login but after 1-2 mins it tells me that I’ve been disconnected from the network. When I click the retry button the screen turns black and then it starts playing hentai... 😔

Im using the PS4 appi

• Also having a really poor connection and only seems to be on the PS4 app Xbox one and PC are fine.

• Well I’m honestly happy that I’m not the only person who’s having this problem.

• I seriously don’t understand why I can’t watch one episode without getting this error message? I have extremely high speed internet and I know it’s not on my side because Hulu and Netflix NEVER give me issues but this Funimation app will NOT just let me watch my shows without getting the error message saying I’m disconnected from network. As soon as I click retry it instantly starts playing again so why is it coming up in the first place? I am not one to ever post on forums but seriously this app should be free for how much it crashes and how buggy it is.

• @pleco_breeder if we don't communicate our issues when they happen, as often as they happen, Funimation won't have any knowledge of the severity. Sending one message to customer support gets the generic "what ISP do you use, are you sure your network settings are optimal," etc. Going around and around with that nonsense isn't getting anyone anywhere.

Plus I would wager that most people report an issue one time via one method and leave it at that. That doesn't communicate the absolute nightmare that we have to deal with multiple times every week.

The OP obviously either doesn't speak English or simply wants to maximize exposure, because just before I typed this, he pasted the same message yet again. I agree that it's slightly spammy.

However, if that's what gets these threads and this server problem some attention, then so be it. His spam annoys me very little when I can merely scroll past it on an optional forum that I chose to visit regarding an issue that is widespread and truly bothersome.

Funimation, let's get some server stability! Either that or agree to let someone else handle the streaming and you guys do what you do best: Licensing and dubbing like champs.

• @Rylocke said in Disconnected from network:

@pleco_breeder if we don't communicate our issues when they happen, as often as they happen, Funimation won't have any knowledge of the severity. Sending one message to customer support gets the generic "what ISP do you use, are you sure your network settings are optimal," etc. Going around and around with that nonsense isn't getting anyone anywhere.

Plus I would wager that most people report an issue one time via one method and leave it at that. That doesn't communicate the absolute nightmare that we have to deal with multiple times every week.

The OP obviously either doesn't speak English or simply wants to maximize exposure, because just before I typed this, he pasted the same message yet again. I agree that it's slightly spammy.

I don't disagree with a lot of what is said here. It's the method I disagree with. Getting exposure would be something along the lines of "post in the proper thread", "send a support ticket", "post on twitter support forum", "post on facebook support forum". If all of those are done, it is much more likely to get a response. However, posting multiple times to the forum is really only using one method repetitively and hoping it works the second, third, fourth, or fifth time.

As to being able to scroll past, I (and I assume a sizeable portion of the users here) retrieve all the posts via the unread messages option. When I see a support issue, I read it to see if I have any suggestions to help them. If I do, I let them know, but if not (as is usually the case) I simply close the tab and move on to the next. While I'm more than willing to help if there is any way possible, having to read the same message multiple times to clear it is more than slightly annoying.

As I've said, I can completely understand the frustration, and could understand if they were hitting up multiple routes in order to get the attention of support, but repetitively using the same action because it didn't work the first time isn't going to get them anywhere.

I'll also point out that if they can't speak the language, they're not likely going to be able to communicate the necessary information to support if they do get a response.