Season 1 redub?

• I think that Season should be redubbed by FUNi. Does anyone agree or disagree?

• I agree outside of Tabitha's performance as Shana the rest of the cast is pretty meh. But honestly it wouldn't make much since financially for FUNimation to do so. So odds are it probably won't happen. I'm not fulled by their positive spin at cons & on ANNCasts. I know Funi like any other company is basically the cooperate equivalent to a poor college student living Ramen to Ramen, or in this case release to release.

Honestly outside of super mega hits/nostalgia bombs like DBZ & YuYuHakusho I doubt Funi will ever redub a title unless there's some weird circumstance involved.

• Point proven.

• The fact that season one has a different dub cast to the rest is the reason why I haven't bought any Shakugan no Shana at all; I don't want to watch a series that has a cast change halfway through, and dubs have always been my personal preference so I don't buy stuff unless it has one.
    If season one was redubbed I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but the fact remains that, financially, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

• The change in voice cast is also why I haven't even considered buying any of Funimation's releases of the show. I haven't even watched the dub yet because there's no way I'll be able to handle such a radical change

It probably wouldn't be worth redubbing the first season financially, but I think it would make a small group of people very, very happy, and would appeal greatly to the Funimation fanbase in general for going the extra mile for a pretty popular series. It would also launch the show into a very intriguing show to air on Toonami if the voice cast was consistent

• Eh, Shana just doesnt seem like A Toonami show to me, but then again they aired SAO, so I guess its possible.

• Does the dub need to be consistent to air on Toonami? They did air DBZ (and since they accepted Sabat obviously talking to himself I don't believe that they have high standards when it comes to dubs).

This doesn't seem like a Toonami show to me either, FWIW.

• @sidereal_presence:

Does the dub need to be consistent to air on Toonami? They did air DBZ (and since they accepted Sabat obviously talking to himself I don't believe that they have high standards when it comes to dubs).

This doesn't seem like a Toonami show to me either, FWIW.

You shouldn't base assumptions off a standard from six years ago, and it's certainly more of a Toonami show than SAO or FMA

• @Riles, Sao deffinantly, FMA, not so much. But yeah, back to the topic at hand. Sad thr dub is inconsistant, that is indeed a turn off.

• @Riles:

You shouldn't base assumptions off a standard from six years ago, and it's certainly more of a Toonami show than SAO or FMA

FMA is like the Funimation show from Modern Toonami/AS though.

I'm still surprised that SAO went on there, though it does corroborate my "low dub standards" stance: except for Seitz, "HaberCreeper" and Cherami the dub was "meh".

I bought Shana for Funimation signatures only, though I ended up getting all of it. The original dub is pretty weak and since it is logical to expect potential fans to view Season 1 first the lackluster nature of that dub might keep those potential fans from ever making it to the much-improved Funimation dub. From that angle, it looks like Funi should go for dub consistency on the whole series.

• @Riles:

going the extra mile for a pretty popular series

Protip: "What I like" does not equal "popular". ;P

• @TIL:

Protip: "What I like" does not equal "popular". ;P

Show me a series with 3+ seasons, and I'll show you a pretty popular series

• For me, the Japanese dub was the most entertaining part of Shana. Rie Kugimiya and Ayako Kawasumi led the way of course, but I also enjoyed Shizuka Itou and Mamiko Noto. Despite buying and finishing all three seasons, I just couldn't get much out of it. I thought I would enjoy it more (teen loli with a blazing sword for crying out loud) but I guess anything that's really heavy on magical action just doesn't do it for me.

And if you like something - anything - it doesn't have to be popular with anyone else.

• @sidereal_presence:

The original dub is pretty weak and since it is logical to expect potential fans to view Season 1 first the lackluster nature of that dub might keep those potential fans from ever making it to the much-improved Funimation dub.

Never mind watching season 1 first, I refuse to watch any of it dubbed. I don't have a problem with subs so I have watched the majority of Shana in Japanese (I never finished season 3 but that's beside the point) but there will be people who don't watch subs and refuse to watch any of Shana because of its inconsistent cast.

• I only borrowed this anime from the library and was totally confused why they changed all of the voice actors for season 2. The moment I heard Friagne speak I automatically thought of Sebastian Michaelis lmao. It was so bad I changed over to subs T_T
    Alastor and Sato's voices were awful, since I loved Paul Dobson's and Brad Swaile's voices -_- Margery Daw sounded more badass in S1 too. Wilhelmina sounded dull/robotic. I liked almost everyone's old voices better

• They should of kept the same exact voices from season 1 I really hate elastor's voice in the second season and Lucy's voice(Cherami Leigh) does not fit Shana's voice at all I had a very hard time completing the first episode of the second just cause of the voice change i was litterally pulling my hair out. This is the first anime where i have gone through this and if this is what it feels like i really dont want to ever go through this again.