Anime That You Wished Had More Seasons!

• Well like myself i bet a lot of you have shows that at the end left you wanting more and that want turned into frustration as a continuation of that story didn't come out in a next season of anime. As a person that doesn't read light novels or manga, anime is my go to, although for some stories i think ill have to turn to those things to satisfy my frustration.
    Let me start us of with this anime that i just finished re-watching, Spice And Wolf. A good number of years ago i watched this show from beginning to end. The ending of season 2 was a good one with Lawrence and Holo's romance growing because Lawrence had finally confessed his love for her. I remember cheering those two on and saying to myself " man season 3 needs to come soon " because i need to see there story grow. Sadly that never happened and my want to see more turned into frustration. Fast forward to now with me re-watching this show, it has rekindled my disappointment of a 3rd season never coming out. From what i hear the light novel has come to an end for Spice And Wolf so season 3 is just a pipe dream at this point, or is it? With the new novel Parchment And Wolf out, we can see this anime brought back. But how will they do it? With the anime leaving of on volume 5 or 6, we can see at least 2 more seasons of Spice And Wolf to catch us up. This is the way i hope they will proceed if the show gets a new life, if not at least the first half of Parchment And Wolf needs to be the highlights of the past story leading to the present. In all honesty ill take any option at this point because i love the show and story. In the ideal world id like a remake of the full story from the beginning lol, wishful thinking.
    Anyways I'm sure there are a lot of anime i would like to continue but Spice And Wolf is the one i can think about at the moment. So what shows left you guys feeling like this and why? Share if there is anyway for it coming back.

• I would definitely like to see more from: School Rumble, Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple, Big Windup, Suzuka, Fuuka, My Bride is a Mermaid, Bamboo Blade, Masamune, Ultimate Otaku Teacher, and Keijo just off the top of my head.

• When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace.. Season 1 was so great, but they didn't introduce the actual plot of the show until the last few episodes. Also, I can't find the Light Novel translated to English to finish the story.

Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon is another.
    Trinity Seven
    Medaka Box

heck there are a ton of them

• ?I'd say Bladedance of the Elementalers the story ended with our main group finally getting to the interesting part of the story (The Tournament) It's a shame we'll never get to see it animated.

• @Series5Ranger said in Anime That You Wished Had More Seasons!:

?I'd say Bladedance of the Elementalers the story ended with our main group finally getting to the interesting part of the story (The Tournament) It's a shame we'll never get to see it animated.

yup, that's another where the entire McGuffin of the series was never even reached in the show.

• Big Windup! needs a season 3. The best sports manga ever.

• The most obvious answer here is Gangsta. The anime literally ends right in the middle of an important story arc.

Sadly, with sales of the manga stagnating, the anime not selling well, and studio Manglobe being shuttered, the chances of a second season seem unlikely at this point.

• School Rumble, anime fandom kinda died off...kinda sucks. Also Ouran High School Host Club, it needs to come back.

• Medeka Box,Sekirei,Oh!My Godess!

Out of these three,I really wish Sekirei continued.

• Baccano would be nice?

Also Ouran and maybe a s3 of Noragami

• Just to name but a few:

Absolute Duo
    Aria the Scarlet Ammo (the original & AA)
    The Asterisk War
    Cat Planet Cuties (though one season feels like enough for me; just wish the LN would get licensed here, at the very least)
    Chivalry of a Failed Knight
    Dragonar Academy
    Freezing
    Gate
    Highschool of the Dead
    Hyakka Ryoran - Samurai Girls
    In Another World With My Smartphone
    Infinite Stratos
    Lord Marksman and the Vanadis
    Love Tyrant
    Maken-ki!
    Sekirei
    Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar
    Trinity Seven
    World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman

Okay, not a few, but still...

• @P.J. said in Anime That You Wished Had More Seasons!:

I would definitely like to see more from: School Rumble, Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple, Big Windup, Suzuka, Fuuka, My Bride is a Mermaid, Bamboo Blade, Masamune, Ultimate Otaku Teacher, and Keijo just off the top of my head.

I'd agree with a big part of this list, if you exclude School Rumble and Keijo. However, I don't know how it would be possible to continue either Fuuka or Keijo. In the case of Fuuka, it deviated from the original story on a VERY MAJOR plot point so the anime would have to become it's own original story. Keijo on the other hand is one of those infamous anime which killed it's original story. After the anime aired, sales tanked so badly that publication was cancelled.

As far as personal preference from this list, Ultimate Otaku Teacher is one I've been hoping for since the first season. The show reminds me quite a bit of GTO, without the pedophile main character.

• The 3 things that will make me happy.

-More MHA seasons beyond s3 and the film
    -More Haikyu
    -More Big Windup! Oofuri

• Hello once again Pleco Breeder,

How are you? Didn't mean to ignore your post, actually, i just saw it, randomly. Since the view changes here, i can no longer access that additional pane to the side that would indicate, "Pleco Breeder has mentioned you in etc."

Yeah, i just threw those "out there", but, logistically, probably wouldn't mesh. For example, with the events of Fuuka, Suzuka is probably put to rest. I guess i myself just like to see more of the characters, regardless. What i think would be very interesting is if there was an alternate story arc for Suzuka wherein Yamato patched things up with Honoka and ultimately chose her. Oooh my goodness! I think i better get a blanket, because the cold stare i just got from Suzuka filled the room.

Now that i think more on it, i would also like to see a continuance of No-Rin.

I'm not sure about GTO, perhaps i saw it at the bookstore? Haven't looked into it.

Side note- Looks like new moderators have been appointed? Congratulations @Doublethree100!

All in all, hoping this post finds you well. I finally got a little reprieve from work and have finished (for now) documenting some malicious sites for Norton, but, looks like there might be some technical difficulties on their platform that will have to be worked out, which i'm keeping an eye on.

Sincerely,
    P.J.

Edit:- Not too long ago i saw some extra episodes of Kenichi on YouTube. Wondering if FUN might be able to get ahold of those and dub them?

• @P.J. Since we're looking at "alternate universe" thoughts of Suzuka, may as well throw out there the idea of Honoka being the mother of Fuuka Aoi (person that replaced Fuuka Akatsuki in Fallen Moon). That way, when the alternate universe gets an anime (since Akatsuki is still around) they can have a battle to see who the "real" Fuuka is...

AND... this is how doujinshi are made.

1. Berserk full adaptation with actual good animation for once
    2. A Certain Magical Index full adaptation including New Testament, Railgun season 3, and all other tie-ins too
    3. Aria The Scarlet Ammo, I'd be happy if they'd at least adapt volumes 4 and 5
    4. Freezing full anime adaptation of the manga
    5. Deadman Wonderland reboot
    6. Unbreakable Machine-Doll full adaptation of the novels
    7. Haganai, but with a better ending than the light novels(the ending SUCKED!)
    8. Elfen Lied reboot
    9. Date A Live fully adapted
    10. D-Frag full adaptation
    11. The Devil Is A Part-Timer fully adapted
    12. Highschool DxD full anime adaptation: Fix volume 5 and 6 mess then adapt 7-24 or whenever it ends, "also return to the old art style because the new one's art style SUCKS!"

• Pumpkin Scissors!

• @HOOfan1 said in Anime That You Wished Had More Seasons!:

Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon is another.

Wish granted

• So many here that I wanna agree with.
    I'll try a list of my own. Excluding series actually confirmed for a new season that I know about.

Re:Zero
    Noragami
    Inari Kon Kon
    Dragonar Academy
    Unlimited Fafnir
    Inuyasha (Because spinoffs?)
    Slayers
    Dragonball (Whichever series would come next)
    The Asterisk War
    Spice and Wolf
    Final Fantasy Unlimited
    Kamisama Kiss (I know it won't because the series wrapped up with OVA episodes)
    Accel World
    Vampire Knight
    Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan
    No Game No Life
    Magic Kaito (Someday, when it has more material)
    Birdy the Mighty
    Our Home's Fox Deity
    Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
    Fruits Basket
    Tokyo Mew Mew

These are just some of the ones from my list that particularly struck me.
    (Okay, if I can put Dragonball, I'm putting Cardcaptor Sakura as well. 26 episodes won't be enough for me.)

• I'm going to take a different spin at this and say that both Angel Beats and especially Charlotte could've used a second cour because of how rushed the stories were.

• Fuuka Aoi? Was that character in the manga?