2017 Anime Ladies Tournament Discussion

• Rounds WILL be going up today, I'm just stuck out right now but when I get home (hopefully soon), I'll get them up! Just to let anyone wondering know!

• P.S.- You're still doing it. ;)

• I'm seeing a lot of matches where I don't think either should advance, and I'm curious if anyone has ever thought of putting a "double KO" option into these tournaments. I don't know if the brackets would even support such a thing, but it's definitely a new addition to my wish list.

• @pleco_breeder said in 2017 Anime Ladies Tournament Discussion:

I'm seeing a lot of matches where I don't think either should advance, and I'm curious if anyone has ever thought of putting a "double KO" option into these tournaments. I don't know if the brackets would even support such a thing, but it's definitely a new addition to my wish list.

I am not sure how that would work out. The bracket I am using is just randomized, and doesn't seem to support too much variation. Could be something to look into for other tournaments. I think Spaceman does it where 4 face off and the top 2 advance for the first round.

• I think I commented on it in one of the matches, but the randomizer seems to know who are favorites and who aren't. You get matches where you want both to go on, and those where you want both to fall off the bracket. That got me to thinking that a "double KO" that eliminates both, and a "save our hide" that allowed both to go on to the next round, would be an interesting option. In order to prevent having to make the same match again for the second round, create a "new" bracket completely randomized for the "official start" of the tournament.

I know this seems like an awful lot of work, and I have no intent of ever running a tournament to try it out, but would be interesting to see. This would get rid of the "fluke" nominations that happen because somebody happens to like a character that nobody else is going to see a lot of strong points for. It would also guarantee that the start of the "official tournament" at the second round was stacked with fan favorites. Every match-up would have the potential to be a real nail biter!!!

The only drawback I can see, other than having to input for two different brackets, is the possibility of having an odd number of entrants after that first "bloodbath" round. In that case, the tournament operator could simply reserve the right to add an entrant of their choice to even the field. If they picked a strong character, great. If they pick a weak character, it would be an instant defeat in their first match-up and the tournament goes on.

Just my two cents, and don't know if anyone that actually runs these things will even bother reading it. However, I can't think of any other way to actually force tough decisions in every round. I can already see matches forming up for the next round which are going to be complete shut-outs while characters that have the potential to win the tournament are going to be sent home because of a bad draw forcing voters to resort to ever-popular two-sided dice.

• There were some tough matches in that first round, but we are officially through our first rounds! I'll be typing up the coming rounds and will start posting the next ones tomorrow so stay tuned!

• We had a couple of tie breakers today, so the brackets have been updated with how those matches went! Take a look one the first page to see!

• Saeko beats Tifa in the tiebreaker, huh?

I wanna see the coin that was flipped. >:\

• @SpacemanHardy said in 2017 Anime Ladies Tournament Discussion:

Saeko beats Tifa in the tiebreaker, huh?

I wanna see the coin that was flipped. >:\

Lemme top off those fries of yours sir.

0_1515710062151_SALTY Sakamoto.gif

• Saeko..keeps a lickin and keeps on tickin

• Meh. It's not too bad seeing as how I nominated her in the first place.

• @SpacemanHardy said in 2017 Anime Ladies Tournament Discussion:

Meh. It's not too bad seeing as how I nominated her in the first place.

I'll have to start live streaming them haha. Not that they usually wind up in my favor anyways, it's seems to knock out my choice more often then not. Dang coin.

• We're getting down to the nitty gritty folks! Our second bracket of rounds is complete! Rounds should continue as usual tomorrow! Take a look at our brackets to see who the remaining competitors are!

• Ooh myy...

• Any idea when this tournament is going to continue?

• @GalaxyCrisis said in 2017 Anime Ladies Tournament Discussion:

Any idea when this tournament is going to continue?

Should be tomorrow! This weekend was a bit crazy and I had more going on then I realized, so I didn't get a chance, but weekdays are much easier!

• Next round:

There will be blood.

• @emdier Only two matches today? There are eight matches in the current round; do you really intend to draw this tournament out?

• @GalaxyCrisis said in 2017 Anime Ladies Tournament Discussion:

@emdier Only two matches today? There are eight matches in the current round; do you really intend to draw this tournament out?

taking a page from the NHL and NBA

• @emdier Where are today's matches? I normally wouldn't ask you to keep this tournament moving so many times, but I'd like to get my own one started up at least by the day of the Super Bowl.