2017 Anime Ladies Tournament Discussion

• alt text

Welcome to the Best Anime Lady Tournament!

UPDATES COMING SOON

With the Manliness tournament come and gone, it just doesn’t seem right to not have a tournament for the ladies! Originally when this tournament used to be run, it was under Amazons and it was only badass ladies, but we’ve decided to be a bit more open and have a more broad running with simply best female character.

Nominations will have their own thread opening soon (Link to be posted here). Once we have our nominations, we will be posting qualifying rounds shortly to see which gals will be duking it out for remaining spots.

We will be posting our contestants, winners of the votes as we go, and updates in this thread as we go so stay tuned!

Tournament Rules
    The tournament will run single elimination, with each vote counting as one point. You may only vote once per match and once that vote is cast, IT CANNOT BE CHANGED. So please, choose wisely.

It will run in the same style as the 2017 couple tournament, with your post updating the current score with your vote.

Example:

Person 1 votes for lady A:
    Lady A - 1
    Lady B - 0

Person 2 votes for Lady B:
    Lady A - 1
    Lady B - 1

If multiple voters post at the same time, voters are allowed to check their score tallies and can edit them if they are incorrect. If after 24 hours there is a tie, the tie will be broken through random coin flip.

After the semifinals of each bracket, there will be a third-place match between the two losers before the finals.

This will be a tournament with 128 spots.

In this tournament, bringing up good arguments for your nominations are encouraged! We would love to have some good, healthy discussion but be sure to keep it civil!

• And we have our contestants!

alt text

@korrailli has done up our brackets, so here they are!

alt text

(Easier to read version here - http://challonge.com/3lg1g09a)

We are going to hopefully be getting started this week, so keep an eye out for the rounds going up!

May the odds be ever in your favor~

• BOY some of these matches gonna be hard for me and it's only Round 1!

Randomizer is one cruel mistress.

• @classyspartan said in 2017 Anime Ladies Tournament Discussion:

BOY some of these matches gonna be hard for me and it's only Round 1!

Randomizer is one cruel mistress.

Yeah..several of my nominations have it hard. I picked a few more obscure ones, but Medaka against Akane is brutal. A couple of badasses, but completely different personalities.

• Tifa vs. Rally in the first round?!

Oh sure, why don’t you ask me which one of my thumbs to cut off while you’re at it?!! 🤬

• The randomizer is a cruel mistress. To find out who truly is Best Girl, we must play by the rules of Random.

• @SpacemanHardy - why not both?

• My FAVORITE match-up is Hikari Takanashi versus Midnight...The contrast is pure irony. Hikari translates to "light"

• Just realized that the tournament hadn't started yet. Been a while since we've had a good one, so curious if we know when this is going to start up.

• I'd like to know too. I would ask her when it'll start but I'm not on the discord server anymore

• Hey guys, I am going to be getting rounds up today at 12:00 PM Mountain Time! Sorry, I had meant to get them up sooner, it's just been really hectic with the holidays but I will be getting us back on track today!

• And with that, our brackets are updated. The ladies fought well!

Our winners were,

Yomiko Readman - Read or Die
    Chise Hatori - Ancient Magus' Bride
    Ochako Uraraka - My Hero Academia
    Winry Rockbell - Fullmetal Alchemist
    Tsuyu Asui - My Hero Academia
    Urd - Ah My Goddess
    Medaka Kurokami - Medaka Box
    Faye Valentine - Cowboy Bebop

And our new rounds are up!

• Went ahead and pinned the discussion topic, by the way.

• @SpacemanHardy I've got a question for you that's been bugging me regarding these tournaments. Every time I highlight the score from one of your posts specifically, I always seem to highlight your post's header as well even though I try my hardest not to. This never happens with highlighting from anyone else's posts, only yours. Is it because you're a moderator or something?

• @GalaxyCrisis I actually have the same thing happen, so not just you! I've wondered about that too

• Brackets have been updated!

The winners of the last round who will be moving on,

Maka Albarn - Soul Eater
    Yumemi Hoshino - Planetarian
    Darkness - Konosuba
    Rikka Takanashi - Chuunibyou
    Riza Hawkeye - Fullmetal Alchemist
    Kaoru Kamiya - Rurouni Kenshin
    Rias Gremory - High School DxD
    Kyouko Mogami - Skip Beat!

• I'm a little disappointed that this isn't an Amazons of Anime tournament. And I should have came here before the tournament started. Otherwise, I would have asked you guys to put Erza Scarlet in this tournament.

• Sorry guys, had some things come up and brackets are going to need to be delayed for today. We'll be back on schedule tomorrow!

• Cast your vote for the couple that will qualify in the official tournament.

I just noticed the first sentence in your copypasta. ;)

• @Nobu said in 2017 Anime Ladies Tournament Discussion:

Cast your vote for the couple that will qualify in the official tournament.

I just noticed the first sentence in your copypasta. ;)

....You saw nothing....

But awwww dang, thanks for pointing that out. I'll remember to correct it from now on